Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver's licenses and such  (Read 57218 times)

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
Re: Driver's licenses and such
« Reply #45 on: 19.03.2007, 13:49:49 »

It's the same down here only it's Walmart brats, I can't outrun in my everyday driver but I can and do hit them. Here is my everyday driver a 1979 Toyota I got for free
It was free because the floor pan was rotted out and one of the frame rails is rotted out. I fiberglassed the floor painted, added the stack and replaced everything that was shot in the supension.
Yeah I light my own farts and your point is?

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #46 on: 19.03.2007, 23:33:58 »

I think my answer would be to personal now, so end of discussion for me.

whitewulfe

« Reply #47 on: 20.03.2007, 05:47:01 »

It's the same down here only it's Walmart brats, I can't outrun in my everyday driver but I can and do hit them.

We've got them out here as well... They do silly things like blow past you in a 50 zone, and then brake so early into turns that even grandmothers pass them....

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #48 on: 20.03.2007, 15:05:34 »

Yeah but we got the home office of walmart just up the road, Bentonville is just 20 miles from Fayetteville. Nightfox if you want to say something you can PM if you don't want everyone eles to read it. I respect honosty so say whats on your mind.

K9Primate

« Reply #49 on: 20.03.2007, 17:37:04 »

I usually just ignore crazy drivers, it's up to the proper authorities to take care of them.
And with such driving habits, they sooner or later will draw attention and get busted.

I'm only interested in getting from point A to point B, without going bankrupt. ;)
If hauling several tons of steel across European roads blows your skirt up, then be my guest, just don't make it a habit. ;D
Don't worry I do not drive like a grandmother, I just like fuel-efficient cars.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #50 on: 21.03.2007, 02:16:44 »

I can understand that, I guess I am just a little crazyer then most.

whitewulfe

« Reply #51 on: 21.03.2007, 09:15:47 »

I like -fast- fuel efficient cars...  Sooo must get my paws on a GSX-600R, even if it's not a car *giggles* Minimum I'll take in a car is 30mpg, aka 10L/100km or better....  Probably why I love tall geared corollas sooo much, drop a six speed close ratio under the hood and even on the highway she flies like no tomorrow and gets good mileage (sadly my SR5 only got 30.2mpg before she blew, piston rings were kind of dying on me, probably why she went boom on me...  Had a 90 GT-S tranny attached to that torquey 4afe, but highway driving sucked at 4,400rpm at 110kph, just under the torque peak...)

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #52 on: 21.03.2007, 13:59:16 »

I like -fast- fuel efficient cars...  Sooo must get my paws on a GSX-600R, even if it's not a car *giggles* Minimum I'll take in a car is 30mpg, aka 10L/100km or better....  Probably why I love tall geared corollas sooo much, drop a six speed close ratio under the hood and even on the highway she flies like no tomorrow and gets good mileage (sadly my SR5 only got 30.2mpg before she blew, piston rings were kind of dying on me, probably why she went boom on me...  Had a 90 GT-S tranny attached to that torquey 4afe, but highway driving sucked at 4,400rpm at 110kph, just under the torque peak...)
Man do I have a ride for you then, The Yamaha RD400. 65mpg and a top speed of 165, Not bad for a 1970's bike.

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
« Reply #53 on: 21.03.2007, 16:36:42 »

Man, am I glad to have my Hornet. Just 4,6l/100km and goes up to 229km/h. As for the official part. I don't know how fast she really is. Didn't try yet.

The GSX600R is really a nice bike but I like the 675 Daytona more. That sound makes me feel...
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

whitewulfe

« Reply #54 on: 21.03.2007, 19:52:13 »

Man, am I glad to have my Hornet. Just 4,6l/100km and goes up to 229km/h. As for the official part. I don't know how fast she really is. Didn't try yet.

The GSX600R is really a nice bike but I like the 675 Daytona more. That sound makes me feel...

Well, as nice as the GSX-600R is, it's a pricey little girl ($13.5k CAD, last time I checked), and I'd probably kill myself with that kind of power...  And if I wanted to go fast, there's always chipping a 'busa, slapping on a turbo, and then going vroom vroom, blowing by people at over 360kph ^_^

I'll probably just get a Duke II and call it a day, seeing that people are selling those used here with 5,000km tops for around... uhm... $5k CAD or so...

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
« Reply #55 on: 22.03.2007, 16:58:57 »

If you have to power between your legs you don't have to show it, do you? Of course noone really want's to mess with a busa but there are idiots everywhere. As I like to say: Everyone's in my way. Even me.

There will be a new busa this year with 1400ccm. I wander how fast that one will go.
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

Recherei

« Reply #56 on: 22.03.2007, 18:40:47 »

Just found this handy list of driving tips:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/0,1518,414677,00.html

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: 22.03.2007, 20:16:07 »

*giggles*

Those are WAY exaggerated. There's a grain of truth in each of them, though :)
yours,

Cheetah

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #58 on: 22.03.2007, 20:17:07 »

Hilarious!

Sure, it's full of subleties and lotsa overstatements, but fun to read and yes, in the baseline I can confirm it :)
However, due to my limited driving knowledge of other countries I can't compare it.

*purrrr*

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #59 on: 22.03.2007, 21:05:01 »

"Don't leave your car running when waiting for someone. You'll either get a ticket or passers-by will kick your car because you're polluting Germany."

LOL, this is so true.
And its amazing, during our usa trips i have seen it several times...........
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up