Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Driver's licenses and such  (Read 59141 times)

whitewulfe

Re: Driver's licenses and such
« Reply #60 on: 23.03.2007, 07:36:55 »

"Don't leave your car running when waiting for someone. You'll either get a ticket or passers-by will kick your car because you're polluting Germany."

LOL, this is so true.
And its amazing, during our usa trips i have seen it several times...........

I'll only do that if it's -20 or lower, and if only for a short time (20 seconds or less).  If we're hitting up the sev or something, engine goes off...  My heater works pretty well, so I don't need to idle me engine...  The joys of engines partially designed by Yamaha ^_^

And hey, if I wanted overkill, why not get that 2.6L V8 that revs to like 13.5k, custom manufactured in the UK out of two hayabusa engines?  Then throw it into a super 7 clone, and bam... Instant kickass at the autoslalom/solosport.

K9Primate

« Reply #61 on: 23.03.2007, 11:52:49 »

"Don't leave your car running when waiting for someone. You'll either get a ticket or passers-by will kick your car because you're polluting Germany."

LOL, this is so true.
And its amazing, during our usa trips i have seen it several times...........

Gosh I didn't know they really do that in Germany.
Because to be honest you don't have to go all the way to the US, they also do that over here. ::)
But luckily I don't have that habit, but it never hurts to be warned.

Sure, it's full of subleties and lotsa overstatements, but fun to read and yes, in the baseline I can confirm it :)
However, due to my limited driving knowledge of other countries I can't compare it.

*purrrr*

Well compared to here in Holland, in my experience it's less chaotic.
Many traffic regulations which the Dutch think are optional (according to law it isn't, but they get away with it anyway) in Germany they are obligatory, and you'd better comply or get into serious trouble indeed.
I however must note that I did enjoy my travels through Germany. :)
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #62 on: 24.03.2007, 01:56:59 »

Actually, it's quite simple. Use your turn indicators and do not attempt speeds you're uncomfortable at.
Can you imagine the havoc the average "uneducated" American driver could cause in a situation like this?  ;D

(Did you get the meaning of all the signs in five seconds or less? Good.)
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Fawks Beaumont

« Reply #63 on: 26.03.2007, 09:59:11 »

Yeah, I remember the first time I drove through Germany, I crossed over by Aachen and ended up in Holland because those signs through me off so badly at first, but it's easy to adjust.

whitewulfe

« Reply #64 on: 27.03.2007, 11:46:53 »

Actually, it's quite simple. Use your turn indicators and do not attempt speeds you're uncomfortable at.
Can you imagine the havoc the average "uneducated" American driver could cause in a situation like this?  ;D

(Did you get the meaning of all the signs in five seconds or less? Good.)

That doesn't loook soo simple to me...

(but maybe it's just me trying to understand something more complicated than what I'm used to when under the influence of two vodka shooters and half a 375 of jager in all of ten minutes)

Skystalker

« Reply #65 on: 27.03.2007, 14:15:34 »

First off all: Don't use the orange arrows unless directed, these are recommended detours and are slower then the normal route.

A city name with a number next to it marks the way to the autobahn with the corresponding number heading into the corresponding city. The number between the arrows indicates the current autobahn. (Import because sometimes the lanes split up)

Exits are parked with a tilted arrow and a name. These are marked with a rising number which you can also find on your map.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up