Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information screens  (Read 18458 times)

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
Re: Information screens
« Reply #15 on: 07.09.2010, 12:26:08 »

What about some kind of online calender (ical, xml) that you can synchronize your phone with so you get constantly updated information about your events?

I experimented a bit with Google Calendar this year, but did not announce it widely because I wasn't able to maintain it during the convention and did not want to push it onto Riffuchs on such short notice. But it worked quite well for me on my Android phone. We'll definitely need to talk about having one actively maintained database with automated exports to the various displays, probably EF Prime editors, iPhone apps and Google Calendar.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

SouthPaw

« Reply #16 on: 07.09.2010, 18:47:25 »

As was mentioned during the official Feedback Session, if you want to code an iPhone/Android/J2ME/Symbian/Google Calendar/other app, support it, and keep it updated at con, I'm sure ConOps would be only too happy for your assistance. ;-)
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #17 on: 08.09.2010, 01:30:55 »

- Show these infos on EFprime too

Unfortunately, this means an investment in the 5-digit range. However, I'm thinking of ways of doing this, and I guess it can be done somehow. I'll start working out a few things soon and see how far I can go from there. :)
Official Something

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #18 on: 08.09.2010, 03:39:19 »

- Show these infos on EFprime too

Unfortunately, this means an investment in the 5-digit range. However, I'm thinking of ways of doing this, and I guess it can be done somehow. I'll start working out a few things soon and see how far I can go from there. :)

BBFtext page 150?  ;D
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #19 on: 08.09.2010, 03:55:15 »

Information systems at EF is a tricky topic since EF 15. You need screens (whatever technology), space for them (in a place where it makes sense),  a way to connect it to the host and at least someone who maintains it.

The last point is another full time job. The programming information is huge bunch of text and files. And don't even dare to think "I tried the system at home, it will work on EF without the need to pamper it all the time".

Even if we had only this small 4 lines moving text sign up ontop of the hotels reception desk important updates were feed to it within five minutes. But sometimes we forgot to remove it (especially during the nights :) ).

Anyway, we'll think and work on it. Anyone who is willed to actually help and work on it can drop me a PM.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: 11.09.2010, 04:14:08 »

Maybe we SHOULD start managing the timetable in a database instead of 50% openoffice draw and 50% wiki. That way we could make real-time changes even on site, and all other information systems could be fed from ONE place ... BBF's planned info-crawl, info-terminals, even the EF website could have up-to-date event listings from the very first submission.
yours,

Cheetah

achtnull

« Reply #21 on: 11.09.2010, 09:23:07 »

Maybe we SHOULD start managing the timetable in a database instead of 50% openoffice draw and 50% wiki. That way we could make real-time changes even on site, and all other information systems could be fed from ONE place ... BBF's planned info-crawl, info-terminals, even the EF website could have up-to-date event listings from the very first submission.

I have a piece of software you might be interested in, which is designed for just that.  If you want to see it, ask me in...  Oh, 10 hours when I get to Kettwig.  Alas, will only be there a day.
-- Aeto

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #22 on: 11.09.2010, 09:45:31 »

Whichtakes us back to pentabarf ^.^
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up