Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Human staff!  (Read 11696 times)

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
Human staff!
« on: 31.08.2009, 23:30:32 »

I know we are all furries, but I have to congratulate the staff on a job well done at EF 15. I witnessed something I have not witnessed in life for quite a while... a large dose of Humanity.

I was outside talking to BBF about video stuff, when two people got into an arguement that required security. The head of Security, Gyroplast, responded to the call and came down to see what was going on. I did not get what it was about, but it appeared to be something in the relational scene. Instead of standing there crossing his arms and being quiet, he crouched down to the crying person and comforted that person.

I dont see this every day and it shows that staff and attendees are all the same, people with feelings!

Good job Gyroplast! Keep up the good work :)
Just wanted to let that be known.
If you can't beat them... try beating them harder!

Shoelace

• Press Relations
Re: Human staff!
« Reply #1 on: 01.09.2009, 16:46:09 »

Yes, but do you know which Gyroplast it was?

We all know there are around four clones going around during the convention. Thinking that a single human being could work that much and that long is utterly silly!
"Europe will not be made all at once, or according to a single plan. It will be built through concrete achievements which first create a de facto solidarity."

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: 01.09.2009, 17:11:00 »

They're no clones, they're drones (like Borgs)....

(Bet the staff unplug the Gyroplasts and take them apart, to go into storage between two cons...)

Being with that impeccable hair, well shaven and twinkling eyes at any time of the day/night is simply humanly impossible!!

(Kiddin', Gyro!)
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #3 on: 01.09.2009, 17:42:55 »

Actually that is going to become a real problem at the new hotel. During EF13 we installed a bunch of clone vats in the cellar of the Ringberg for most staffers, which really helped us a lot during the critical phases, but the new hotel doesn't feel comfortable about it, yet.

We'll look into alternatives, though. Our technical crew is considering cyborgs now.

Best regards,
  Gyroplast #12
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
« Reply #4 on: 01.09.2009, 22:10:28 »

Well if all of the 12 Gyroplasts are as kind as the one I saw, and show the same level of humanity... I think we need more than 12 clones :P

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #5 on: 01.09.2009, 22:28:41 »

I hope that more members of our team showed kindness, understanding and compassion during the convention. The goal of security operations at eurofurence is to ensure the safety and fun of our attendees -  such situations are fortunately not always visible to our guests.

Shay (Wolly)

• Charity
  • Wruff!
« Reply #6 on: 01.09.2009, 22:39:57 »

I hope that more members of our team showed kindness, understanding and compassion during the convention. The goal of security operations at eurofurence is to ensure the safety and fun of our attendees -  such situations are fortunately not always visible to our guests.

Oh I am sure that they all did their absolute best! Dont get me wrong! Its not that its only Gyroplast that did an awesome job, I think everyone did! Its just one thing that I happened to notice! With someone showing that much compassion and understanding in a leading position, working together with people like you (as I read in your conreport), it just shows!

Hope you guys all return for EF16 to continue the great work! All in all, it all comes down to teamwork! :)

Grovajl

• fennecy ^^; born to be snuggled
« Reply #7 on: 14.01.2010, 03:00:46 »

I think that Gyroplast is so awesome because he is a fennec foxy? dunno  ;)
MURR! *giggle* this cuddly beast is always ready for some fun :3

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #8 on: 14.01.2010, 17:21:51 »

I think that Gyroplast is so awesome because he is a fennec foxy? dunno  ;)

First of all: Gyroplast is NOT a fennec fox. And second: This topic is quite old ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up