Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New cat on the block  (Read 17000 times)

Fritti

New cat on the block
« on: 26.12.2009, 02:12:13 »

Meow! I registered a little while ago, but I hadn't gotten to actually browse the forums yet or even post an introduction, as I was first waiting for the approval email, and then kinda got swept up in a couple of writing projects I'm working on... and since my computer fried itself, I currently have to use a slow old laptop I borrowed from my father, of which the wireless connection is... well, let's say, temperamentful.

But! Here I am, so let's get with the introductions!

My full name is Fritti Breezedancer, and I am a bi-colored blue and white Maine Coon tomcat from the Netherlands. I'm usually called just by my first name, which is often mis-pronounced by people, so I always tell them that it rhymes with what I am; a kitty =~.^=

I am a writer, and have been so for a good 24 years now. I started writing my first little stories in elementary school at the age of 7, as advised by one of my teachers because I had a way too lively imagination. I'm still thankful to the man! Over the years my story-telling talent increased, and in highschool also a talent for the English language became ever more apparent, so eventually I started writing some stories in English. It has come to the point that I now can even write better in English than I do in Dutch, haha!

From the moment I got access to the internet several years ago, I've been doing lots of browsing and surfing, and found out that there was a name for what I felt myself to be; furry. And I found what a huge fandom there was for that, too! I looked into it, and right away felt at home. I have been a very active member on a great furry forum I found back then in 2005, recently I even accepted the offer of joining the moderator staff on there, and I registered on FurAffinity in 2006 as well. Only to completely forget about that account... but a couple months ago I revived it and started posting some of my old works there.

I have two forms; the usual form of an anthropomorphic cat in which I am 6'8" tall (which is 5 inches taller than I am in real life) and in which I am quite the fluffy one, but I am mostly seen (and most comfortable) in my feral quadruped form, in which I am just a regular Maine Coon tomcat, and in which I am even fluffier! If I had a nickel for every time I've been mistaken for a girl... haha!

Ever since I first found out about the furry fandom in 2004 or 2005, and learning about the conventions there were, I have been wanting to visit one. The only problem was, all the conventions I found out about were in America, which is way too out of my reach. But then I came to learn about EuroFurence, which is very much within my reach, and I have been wanting to visit ever since! I only never had the chance to do so, mostly because of financial issues. But now, it is actually going to happen; for the very first time, I will be able to attend my very first furry convention; EuroFurence 16 in 2010! I owe every bith of thanks for that to my good friend Steve Alford, who offered to take me!

So there it is! There is a new cat in town, and I have this idea you will be seeing a lot of me! =^_^=

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
Re: New cat on the block
« Reply #1 on: 26.12.2009, 10:27:17 »

Ah, so you're the one Steve is taking with him. Well, friends of Steve cannot be bad people, right?^^

So, welcome here, I'm looking forward to meet you at EF as well and hope everything works out well for you. Have a nice time. *smiles*

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Whitefang

« Reply #2 on: 26.12.2009, 12:46:01 »

*hugs warmly* Welcome to the EF forum.

At the last convention there were quite a few storytelling events and if there will be such at the next EF, I'm sure you will find yourself at home there. Hey, you may even try and organise one or help someone else do that. With your story writing experiences I'm sure those interested will be grateful for your input. ^^

Fritti

« Reply #3 on: 26.12.2009, 13:10:02 »

@RealZero: Hehe, yup, that's me, indeed! I sure hope I'm not a bad kitty, but judging by what many people say about me, I must be pretty good! =~.^=

Thank you for the welcome, I am very very much looking forward to it as well! Not only is this going to be my very first convention, but it's even the very first time I'm going to be traveling to another country and staying in a hotel, so a lot of first times for me will be on this trip! I'm quite excited!

@Whitefang: Thank you! I have no idea what to expect or what I could be doing, but I am sure going to have me a good look around on this forum and see what kind of things are available! I don't pretend to be a professional, heck, I haven't even gotten anything published so far, but with 24 years of experience under my belt, I do know a whole lot about creating characters and settings and describing scenes and actions and dialogue and such, so who knows what kind of help I could be giving!

SupernovA

« Reply #4 on: 19.02.2010, 16:48:03 »

Well I be damned! Another Dutch kittycat! *waves hello to Fritti*

Maybe we'll meet at EF  :)
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Recherchè

« Reply #5 on: 19.02.2010, 17:59:24 »

. . . and they all wear wooden shoes . .
« Last Edit: 19.02.2010, 19:51:07 by Recherchè »

K9Primate

« Reply #6 on: 19.02.2010, 20:05:16 »

. . . and they all wear wooden shoes . .
Officially they are called "klompen", but I will not be wearing mine at EF.
That would make too much noise on the tiled floors, :D besides being unpractical. :P
Neither will I bring cheese or tulips. ::)
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Mazin

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #7 on: 19.02.2010, 20:18:49 »

But you *are* going to bring stroopwafels, right? ;D

K9Primate

« Reply #8 on: 20.02.2010, 20:04:24 »

But you *are* going to bring stroopwafels, right? ;D
What the…., has somebody been promoting stroopwafels or something. ???
But you know, that actually might not be a bad idea, seeing non Dutch rave about them *shrugs*.
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

SupernovA

« Reply #9 on: 23.02.2010, 20:08:54 »

Last year I brought lots of stroopwafels to EF, everybody loved them  ;)

Will bring them this year as well \o/

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 23.02.2010, 20:22:48 »

Last year I brought lots of stroopwafels to EF, everybody loved them  ;)

You know where to find me :)
yours,

Cheetah

SupernovA

« Reply #11 on: 24.02.2010, 12:25:48 »

;D

Oke, I can take a hint, will bring you some  ;)

Fritti

« Reply #12 on: 28.02.2010, 15:52:26 »

*chuckles*

Aren't those stereotypes cute? I might put a tulip in my buttonhole and bring a wheel of cheese just for the heck of it! =~.^=

*waves hello back at SupernovA*

Hiyas! Good to see another Dutch cat! I hope we'll run into each other at EF! =^_^=

*chuckles*

Mmm, stroopwafels... now I'm hungry! I think I'll bring a couple of packets from the wafel baker on our market with me to EF... they're B-I-I-IG ones! =~.^=

Pony

• A feral equine with attitude
    • Dutchpaw
« Reply #13 on: 04.03.2010, 15:05:48 »

Whinnies from a Dutch horsey! Nice to see the Dutch crowd strengthened one more for EF this year!  ;D
The sun shines in my face, running as fast as I can, the wind blowing thru my mane...

Fritti

« Reply #14 on: 08.03.2010, 01:06:18 »

*waves and purrs*

Thanks! I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see there are so many Dutch furs, and I'm proud to be one of them! Meow! =~.^=
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up