Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial Post-Dead-Dog-Party at the Ringberg  (Read 15494 times)

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
Unofficial Post-Dead-Dog-Party at the Ringberg
« on: 11.02.2010, 23:58:11 »

I still believe that the Ringberg is one of the finest hotels in all the world, and I cherish my friendships that I have made with the Team there.

Because of that, I have made reservations for myself and for my parents for the night of Monday, September 6, at the Ringberg Hotel.   After Eurofurence is over, we are going to drive down to Suhl and spend one more day at the Ringberg before departing early on the morning of September 7.

I encourage anyone who has some extra time and would like to join us down there for a nice "we still remember the Ringberg" party, you are welcome to.  Just remember that this is not an official Eurofurence event!.  You will be responsible for making your own travel and hotel arrangements.

However, even though it is not an official EF event, we want the Ringberg always to remember Eurofurence in the best way.  To that end, anyone who wants to come along is expected to adhere to Eurofurence's standards of conduct.  We do not want to tarnish the wonderful memories that the Ringberg staff has of us!

Recherchè

Re: Unofficial Post-Dead-Dog-Party at the Ringberg
« Reply #1 on: 12.02.2010, 03:34:25 »

The trip takes approximately 3:45 and EU 35.00 by train, or 2:18 and 184 mi by car, (I don't know how long it would take in kilometers).

That leaves two questions.

1. Can we get a group rate at the hotel?

2. Do you have any space in your car?

rech
« Last Edit: 12.02.2010, 03:36:59 by Recherchè »

Mazin

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #2 on: 12.02.2010, 16:01:44 »

As someone who's never had the pleasure of attending EF while it was at the Ringberg, this sounds like a really cool idea!

Does anyone know how busy the hotel usually gets during that time of year? I'd hate to book a single room and keep someone else from staying at the hotel that night.

Schneelocke

« Reply #3 on: 13.02.2010, 20:40:37 »

That's a great idea! Yeah, it would certainly be nice to not just remember the Ringberg, but also make sure that they themselves know we haven't forgotten them.

I'll see if I can make it.

lizard

• Technician
« Reply #4 on: 14.02.2010, 01:34:50 »

hey ... Onkel Kage ...

[youtube]UbrTIiRnYGg[/youtube]

foxb

« Reply #5 on: 03.03.2010, 17:15:18 »

Amazing Idea! Deal me in.

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #6 on: 04.03.2010, 09:34:06 »

Does anyone know how busy the hotel usually gets during that time of year? I'd hate to book a single room and keep someone else from staying at the hotel that night.

Since that time of the year is outside (school) holiday season it should be pretty calm. However, how dearly I liked the hotel during EF, coming there now without EF taking place there would leave me with a sour emptyness, it wouldn't and coulnd't be the same without EF spirit.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #7 on: 04.03.2010, 10:52:57 »

Since that time of the year is outside (school) holiday season it should be pretty calm. However, how dearly I liked the hotel during EF, coming there now without EF taking place there would leave me with a sour emptyness, it wouldn't and coulnd't be the same without EF spirit.
It did work out quite nicely at Suhlvester during new years eve (where above video was taken). Sure it was not full EF, but it was still a nice furry event.

We had crash space to sleep there, though. Personally I don't have the budget to book another hotel room night directly after EF.

*purrrr*

SupernovA

« Reply #8 on: 26.03.2010, 09:35:21 »

Sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't have the money as well. And Neko has to start his new study by then ^.^
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Xar

« Reply #9 on: 31.03.2010, 00:16:50 »

I'd love to join too!

If anyone has got car space, or has planned some sort of train/bus/you-name-it, could you PM me or let me know?
Also, to those who have to take a plane to get back home, if there is any: which airport is better from Suhl?

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #10 on: 06.07.2010, 23:23:16 »

Probably I am in on this, simply because Suhl is right on my way back home. I probably will be taking the train, though.

Edit: I made arrangements for late depature add-on, and am looking at train schedules now.

Edit: Also looking for a ride. :)
« Last Edit: 08.07.2010, 00:06:01 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #11 on: 08.07.2010, 09:46:30 »

So, who is coming? Maybe it would be nice to know... PM me if you defenately will come, and I'll list it uphere, I'm doing this because I think it would encourage those with doubts to come over if they might see that some friends will be going too.
Please also let me know how you are going (train, car...and if by car will you have some space for others?), it's defenately more fun travelling with others then alone  ;)

So I start with...Onkel Kage and his family (travelling by car I supose?) :)
-Thygrrr
-Mazin (offering rides)
« Last Edit: 09.07.2010, 09:30:01 by Fauho »

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #12 on: 08.07.2010, 10:01:27 »

So what kind of accomodation did you choose? Did you rent a normal hotel room?
There was crash space in the conference rooms at Suhlvester, though I don't think this will be available this time. And I'm hesitating to book a full-price hotel room just after EF, as my budget is strained enough.

*purrrr*

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #13 on: 08.07.2010, 12:15:43 »

Just rent a normal room, the Ringberg is actually quite affordable.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Mazin

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #14 on: 08.07.2010, 12:28:02 »

I'm most definitely going!

I'm also renting a small station wagon to drive around Germany with for about a week after the con, so I can give people rides to Suhl (and Leipzig afterwards). So far, Xar is coming (I'm sharing a room with him at the Ringberg, so he gets the front seat! :P), which leaves room for one or two more, depending on how much luggage space we have. :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up