Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF (16) t-shirts - hopes, opinions, improvements?  (Read 20146 times)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
Re: EF (16) t-shirts - hopes, opinions, improvements?
« Reply #15 on: 16.02.2010, 14:49:03 »

How about making the big picture on the backside and a smaller one (like a logo or small part of the large picture) on front  - similar to what was done at MMC8. Both pictures frome same artist -> same style. Yes, that will most likely be more expansive to print... but doesn't have that "empty" touch to it :)

Mh, that also sounds like a nice idea, nya. Would be something I'd also be happy about, maybe even better than printing both sides with something big.
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #16 on: 16.02.2010, 16:47:31 »

How about making the big picture on the backside and a smaller one (like a logo or small part of the large picture) on front  - similar to what was done at MMC8. Both pictures frome same artist -> same style. Yes, that will most likely be more expansive to print... but doesn't have that "empty" touch to it :)

Nifelan: not all people like black. Actually I expect there to be more people going "black? bää!" then "coloured? bääh!"

Having the picture on the back presents a problem for all the long haired furs, though. It conceals the picture. That's why I prefer it the way it has been since ef13, with the pic on the front side.

Agree about the color, though.

Jojo
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: 16.02.2010, 17:10:55 »

I would love to have someone set up a "EF Fan Shop" at the dealers den, and offer the previous years unsold merchandise. However, this would need a team of at least three TRUSTWORTHY people (job involves handling money on EFs behalf), who would be willing to come to Kettwig before the con, pack and re-count all wares, set up shop at EF, man the dealers table for the whole length of the con, re-count and pack everything for the transport back to Kettwig, unpack everything in Kettwig and sort it back into storage.

For the last 5 years, we have not been able to find a crew that matches the criteria AND would be crazy enough to do it :)
yours,

Cheetah

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
    • The Israeli Furry Website
« Reply #18 on: 16.02.2010, 21:11:07 »

A longer lasting print, as in more durable one, is the only thing I would ask for.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: 16.02.2010, 21:34:58 »

A longer lasting print, as in more durable one, is the only thing I would ask for.

What are you people doing to wash these shirts out? The shirts are made using the standard silk screen process, there is no other :)
yours,

Cheetah

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #20 on: 16.02.2010, 21:57:32 »

What are you people doing to wash these shirts out? The shirts are made using the standard silk screen process, there is no other :)

Well, in fact in the case of shirts from services like Cafepress for example, the pics are kinda directly dyed into the fabric, don't know how that is called.
Most likely that's done because it's a cheaper procedure, don't know, but one thing is for sure: There never is a case of the pic "coming up" like, you know, when it seems small parts of the colour are "breaking" from the shirt after quite many washings.

In theory the cafepress-method would be subject to washed out colours and all, but so far my Cafepress shirt endure much longer than the "regular" shirts, like bandshirts, EF shirts and such.

But well, that is not something I blame on EF, oc course, it's a matter of the process and nothing I'd really complain about. Although it's sad that my EF 14 shirt already looks kinda "used" through it.

But yeah, that's not something that'll change and like I said, all the bandshirts I know also have this "problem" after some years already.

So, just to add my experience with shirts to this, nya, but let's get back to the EF topic again:

The shop at EF would be great, but I can understand the crew problem. Damn, I'd love to help EF, but being occupied for the whole con would be bad, and yeah, I guess as you don't know me I'm not 'trustworthy' to begin with.

Asides that, it would be a shop for only about a week. An online shop that's open the whole year would be much more convenient.
OF COURSE I know that would me much work with staff members and all, as well, so I don't expect that to happen soon, but I think IF it would happen, that would be great, nya.

Greetings,
RealZero

Edit: Just to repeat again, I love my EF shirts, I love wearing them, and I'll continue to buy them, I just want to exchange opinions here, so please, don't take my words as insult or attack or anything.
« Last Edit: 16.02.2010, 22:00:08 by RealZero »
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

SupernovA

« Reply #21 on: 19.02.2010, 16:41:11 »

They probably love the t-shirts soooooooo much, that they wear it day and night  ;D
I bought a t-shirt last year, but never wore it. Guess I have the same ' problem' as Honey. I hardly ever wear a t-shirt and if I do, I would rather have a female fit. But I'm not complaining. The t-shirt is a nice remember of a great time at EF 15!

It's just impossible to please over a 1000 furs! But you guys are doing a great job to aat least try!  ;)
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

BluePaw

« Reply #22 on: 20.02.2010, 01:18:43 »

from what i've learned at school, we have quite a busy graphics design hall there. and even if i'm not in that class, i'm there a lot of time anyways, and i've picked up a few things.

yes, there are quite a few ways to print a thing on fabriks.
but ther's only 1 easy and cheap way, if more then 1 way at all, to print a full-collor-picture.
and that is the 4-collor silk screen print.
and the screens can be used however many times they're needed.
and that kind of print is mostly only guranteed to last for a duration of up to 50-200 washes.
depending on how good the printing-collor is, and the ones printing it.

there are ways of doing prints that are permanently guaranteed of course, or at least for as long as the fabric it self survives, but that is transfer, (vinyl beeing melted in to the fabric), but that's mostly just for printing 1 collor (makingi t 2-collor due to counting the collor of the fabric to). and is very hard to make good if more was to be added, unless it's very simple patterns. but it's allso very expencive.
and theese can only be used once, then you have to cut out another piece of vinyl.

so i'd guess it's a matter of trying to keep the costs to an affordable level.

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #23 on: 20.02.2010, 17:53:02 »

I agree to the poster who said that last year's EF T-shirt was great in that it wasn't too in-your-face about the convention. Small lettering, and a very beautiful picture that speaks of a somber mood.

I have worn the EF 15 shirt in places where I wouldn't consider many of the shirts from previous years.

The color ... well, I still prefer black t-shirts because I simply like black, but the dark blue was also acceptable. I'm not so fond of dirt green/brown.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Elfasi

« Reply #24 on: 24.02.2010, 22:42:26 »

It's a difficult topic, because essentially, everyone wants something different :)  Does anybody still want EF13 and EF14 shirts? We still have some:

In contrast to the EF13 and EF14 shirts, last year's shirt was one of the best selling we had. The leftovers fit in a single box. So I guess it was a step in the right direction to go away from the pure "cartoon" motives and try something more complicated :) Unfortunately, having a lot of colors on the front means it's hard to find something matching on the back ... both technically, and artistically. Unless of course we could find an artist that would be willing to do a front and a backside.  And I predict, if we did double-sided shirts and offer different cuts other than the standard fruit of the loom shirts ... everyone will complain about the prices. Because, special features cost money :) And I thing EF has become expensive enough ... the last thing we need is another thing that costs more :)

Please please please please.  I've been wanting to buy a few spare EF14 t-shirts for ages now, so I can wear them more without worrying about them wearing out.  Where do I sign up? :)

Olven

• Nyaw nyaw!
    • Olven's Deviantart gallery
« Reply #25 on: 26.02.2010, 10:54:05 »

I have to say I really liked the last EF T-shirt as it moved the whole line of EF T-shirts to a new level when the T-shirts stop being black. And I really love the idea of this year's T-shirt having different color again, possibly brown or dark brick red as someone already said here. :) It would fit the Serengeti theme perfectly.
I also agree the main picture should stay on the front side (long hair rock! :D ) and I wouldn't mind a smaller picture on the back too. But depends on the price. If it would be still under 20 Euros, I think it's affordable, especially when there's a really nice motif on it.

If you have problems with washing the T-shirts, make sure you wash them at 40 °C (or whatever is the alternative for american washmashines). Or wash them in hand if they're precious to you. I remember there were some minor problems with the printing. I got a EF 11 or 12 T-shirt for my dad and now when I compare his T-shirt to mine, the parts of the picture on his T-shirt are almost gone (guess the material wasn't washed well before printing). But AFAIK since then everything is okay with the newer T-shirts.

Pony

• A feral equine with attitude
    • Dutchpaw
« Reply #26 on: 03.03.2010, 10:00:15 »

Personally, I love the EF 15 t-shirt. It indeed isn't too much in-your-face and I have no shame wearing it at work or other common places at all.
If the EF 16 t-shirt takes inspiration from last years t-shirt I will be one happy equine.
Then again, I don't have a high criteria and I'm pretty easy going. I am already happy people take the time and effort to make a wonderful t-shirt each year.
To preserve the t-shirt, I only wear it if there is nothing clothed over it. So typically the summer and such.
The sun shines in my face, running as fast as I can, the wind blowing thru my mane...

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #27 on: 09.03.2010, 22:22:20 »

I would love to have the opportunity to buy shirts from previous EFs.
Cheetah, if you want to get rid of the old shirts, perhaps you could create an option for sponsors to choose their shirt? Like if they want their free shirt to be from this EF or from previous EFs (as long as stock lasts)? ???

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #28 on: 06.07.2010, 23:26:08 »

I will pay good money for XXXL or XXXXL Horrofurence shirts. (EF 14, IIRC). :)

Those were my favourite EF shirts... I also liked the 15 shirt, mostly because I'm a Nimrais fan and because the shirt quality was really good, but my girlfriend found it ridiculous and laughed when I wore it.  :-[

Best Con shirt ever is probably MMC 8. I will pay really good money for some mint-condition ones of these, if they are my size.
« Last Edit: 06.07.2010, 23:28:17 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up