Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: EF (16) t-shirts - hopes, opinions, improvements?  (Read 20701 times)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
EF (16) t-shirts - hopes, opinions, improvements?
« on: 15.02.2010, 20:02:37 »

To say this at the very beginning, this is not intended to be a rant, but just a peaceful discussion as I am interested in people's opinions.^^

So, at last EF I got into a conversation with some other furs, of course. And somehow we started talking about the EF t-shirt. Along this discussion one of them brought up that he didn't like the way the EF shirts are done as they're simply "plain shirts with a little picture put on them", or something like that.

So yeah, I kinda thought about it myself then. I have to say, I personally like the EF shirts I got from the last two years, although the first one, from EF 14, is kinda losing some of the pics quality already, tehe.

But yeah, like I said, I personally like them. IF there was something to improve, I'd personally love to have something printed on the back as well, maybe just the EF's logo without a pic, or something like that.

You see, I'm not very creative here, that's why I normally leave such stuff to others. And that's what I'd like to read here.
What's your opinion on the shirts? Do you like them? Would you prefer to have them any other way or style?

Oh, and I say it again, this is not intended as an insult to whoever is responsible for planning the shirt's "printing", I'd just like to hear different opinions on that topic, nya.

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

nifela

• urban husky
Re: EF (16) t-shirts - hopes, opinions, improvements?
« Reply #1 on: 15.02.2010, 20:42:21 »

The T-Shirts have definitely got a cheaper feel over the past years, I agree.
I'd love to see motives on the front and back - but most of all: black shirts with white print. Black T-Shirts rule, especially the black and white EF ones! :)
I was husky before it got trendy

Honey

« Reply #2 on: 15.02.2010, 21:47:26 »

I would love some more form fitting ones. Especially for ladies. I always buy the EF t-shirt but end up mostly sleeping in it as i perfer more formfitting cloths.

Whitefang

« Reply #3 on: 15.02.2010, 23:29:55 »

*giggles* I can see this topic striking a terror in the EF staff's eyes and them thinking "Oh no. Now we will have to deal with as many different opinions on t-shirts as the number of furs out there. As if it wasn't big enough problem with the rooms." :P

Anyway, regarding black t-shirt, I'm afraid it's not an option to me. You see, you wear a t-shirt during summer, when it's hot. Black absorbs much more heat and I sweat so much that in black t-shirt I would be boiling, thus I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing it.
As for the picture, I think it's a good idea to have something on the back and EF logo would look good there. Also, at the last EF I heard people that they didn't buy the t-shirt because they didn't like the picture on it. So I was thinking, would it be possible for the staff to pick few pictures suitable for t-shirt and make a survey to let attendees choose which one they like the best?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 15.02.2010, 23:54:28 »

It's a difficult topic, because essentially, everyone wants something different :)  Does anybody still want EF13 and EF14 shirts? We still have some:

In contrast to the EF13 and EF14 shirts, last year's shirt was one of the best selling we had. The leftovers fit in a single box. So I guess it was a step in the right direction to go away from the pure "cartoon" motives and try something more complicated :) Unfortunately, having a lot of colors on the front means it's hard to find something matching on the back ... both technically, and artistically. Unless of course we could find an artist that would be willing to do a front and a backside.  And I predict, if we did double-sided shirts and offer different cuts other than the standard fruit of the loom shirts ... everyone will complain about the prices. Because, special features cost money :) And I thing EF has become expensive enough ... the last thing we need is another thing that costs more :)

yours,

Cheetah

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #5 on: 15.02.2010, 23:57:48 »

Personally I enjoyed the blue color of last year (what about a dark brown this time?), since white has obvious disadvantages (apart from dirt it also looks quite cheap) and black is not only too hot, but also quite cliche - too many black-based tshirts are already around.

*purrrr*

Whitefang

« Reply #6 on: 15.02.2010, 23:59:11 »

It's a difficult topic, because essentially, everyone wants something different :)
I knew it. :P

And what about the idea of letting the attendees choose the picture they would like to see on the EF t-shirt?

Ralesk

« Reply #7 on: 16.02.2010, 00:17:32 »

Personally I enjoyed the blue color of last year (what about a dark brown this time?), since white has obvious disadvantages (apart from dirt it also looks quite cheap) and black is not only too hot, but also quite cliche - too many black-based tshirts are already around.

*purrrr*

The blue was great, yes! :D
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #8 on: 16.02.2010, 00:21:24 »

We had a T-Shirt Contest for many years.
We had to stop it for several reasons. One of the main reasons are the technical requirements for the picture itself.
And such a contest can end up very unfair, we already had that experience.

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #9 on: 16.02.2010, 00:23:27 »

I like the shirts :D No complaints there!

Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #10 on: 16.02.2010, 00:36:43 »

I liked EF15 t-shirt. It wasn't black (nothing against black except its hot and too common like Whitefang and Zerifo already mentioned). And I personally loved that picture.

But most of all, it wasn't too in-your-face furry :D How to explain... If I'd wear EF13/14 t-shirt, random people might stop asking what is this Eurofurence thing? EF15 shirt instead looks quite normal t-shirt with just somewhat unusual picture on it.

Now of course someone can very validly ask that shouldn't convention t-shirt exactly be very furry with convention name with big letters on it :) Maybe yes, but that above is why I myself liked last year t-shirt very much.

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #11 on: 16.02.2010, 06:39:04 »

In contrast to the EF13 and EF14 shirts, last year's shirt was one of the best selling we had. The leftovers fit in a single box. So I guess it was a step in the right direction to go away from the pure "cartoon" motives and try something more complicated :) Unfortunately, having a lot of colours on the front means it's hard to find something matching on the back ... both technically, and artistically. Unless of course we could find an artist that would be willing to do a front and a backside.  And I predict, if we did double-sided shirts and offer different cuts other than the standard fruit of the loom shirts ... everyone will complain about the prices. Because, special features cost money :) And I thing EF has become expensive enough ... the last thing we need is another thing that costs more :)

In general I'd say "Fuck higher prcies for shirts, if it's 3-5 Euro more, damn, I can afford that once in a year", but yeah, seeing the photo you posted, hehe, I guess it might end up bad with more people being unable to buy it and having more leftovers.^^
But still, I'd personally be very willing to pay more fore "special features". Maybe have some kind of preorder someday, together with the registration, where you can sign up for something like that. To me that would be nice, but of course I can understand that you surely have enough planning and other work to do which is far more serious than printing t-shirts.
But yeah, I still wanted it to be said, after all, if no one states his or her opinion in the world, there'll be never any "improvement", right.
So, basically, I get all your points and can understand them, but MAYBE in the future there'll be other possibilities as well.
And regarding the leftovers, even I might find people willing to buy them, soo, we already had the topic of an official EF shop once, didn't we? Would surely be nice, and I need stickers for my car windows for this year, dammit. *chuckles*
And you even still have those energy drinks? I'll take a pallet of them, too! :D

But, but, but...I like the blaaa~ck.^^ Seriously, I personally love black, but in fact I like all dark colours, the blue last year looked nice as well. Not a fan of brown, though, so I hope that won't be the colour of choice this time, but well, in the end there'll always be people not liking the final result, so I guess we'll just have to wait. About black being to hot...well...to me that always is a very little difference and I think more people suddenly feel hotter in them  after they learned about that physical fact on TV all of a sudden, but yeah, personal matter once again, I'm not going to attack people's personal opinions, nya.

Now of course someone can very validly ask that shouldn't convention t-shirt exactly be very furry with convention name with big letters on it :) Maybe yes, but that above is why I myself liked last year t-shirt very much.

Just to state my opinion on this: Like I said, I also liked that shirt, so, it surely wasn't bad and the art was nice, AND I especially liked the blue/yellow combination. But still, about furry shirts in general, "I" want them to draw attention on them. Damn, I wear those shirts in public and anime conventions especially to get the attention of other furs, which rarely works out, ssadly, so I personally hope they'll not become "more casual" at any point, but again, matter of taste I guess.

I'll be looking forward to this year's shirt as well, let's see if there are any changes, although I doubt it for the points mentioned by Cheetah, but nya, we'll see.
And if not, maybe EF can provide us with a .png file of the year's logo somehow, so we could print our own shirts in different versions...but that'd spoil the sales I guess, hm? But it would also allow me to print those window stickers and foils which are not officially available at all...maybe I'll ask staff about that at a later time, we shall see, nya.

That's it so far, I hope I insulted no one with my comments, everybody's opinion is highly appreciated, nya.

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Ralesk

« Reply #12 on: 16.02.2010, 13:07:50 »

The T-Shirts have definitely got a cheaper feel over the past years, I agree.
I'd love to see motives on the front and back - but most of all: black shirts with white print. Black T-Shirts rule, especially the black and white EF ones! :)

I just looked at my EF10, EF12 and EF15 T-Shirt, all are Fruit of the Loom Super Premium shirts :)  If anything, I don't feel any significant difference between them.
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

nifela

• urban husky
« Reply #13 on: 16.02.2010, 13:53:11 »

Come on, I wear black all the time and I'm not hot - at least in a thermal way ;)

If it isn't black, I wont like or buy it :(

P.S.: Are there any EF12 shirts left?
I was husky before it got trendy

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #14 on: 16.02.2010, 14:43:43 »

How about making the big picture on the backside and a smaller one (like a logo or small part of the large picture) on front  - similar to what was done at MMC8. Both pictures frome same artist -> same style. Yes, that will most likely be more expansive to print... but doesn't have that "empty" touch to it :)

Nifelan: not all people like black. Actually I expect there to be more people going "black? bää!" then "coloured? bääh!"
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up