Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Videogaming?  (Read 30169 times)

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
Videogaming?
« on: 16.02.2010, 00:21:15 »

I know there's been Super Smash Bros in the past, but why not upgrade and have other kinds of tournaments? I mean, there's Tekken 6 that just came out... there's Soul Calibur 4..

Come up with suggestions, folks :D
Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
Re: Videogaming?
« Reply #1 on: 16.02.2010, 03:00:07 »

Something involving PCs might be nice. Would anyone be interested in a laptop LAN party?

Keidran

• Lonely Kitty and Brony /)^3^(\
« Reply #2 on: 16.02.2010, 09:41:29 »

I could provide a games room with some Bemani games (Pop'n music, Beatmania IIDX) or Guitar Hero if wanted.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #3 on: 16.02.2010, 15:04:28 »

If you guys want, I can dedicate a Workshop/Panel room to you every evening. Lots of space :)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

JonathanO

« Reply #4 on: 16.02.2010, 15:37:17 »

lanparty is alway nice but who brings cabels and rooters/swtches/hubs along

drayygon

• The UK communities militant dragon
« Reply #5 on: 16.02.2010, 16:42:49 »

Command and Conquer on my touch screen laptop...now that would be cool to do heh.

Guitar Hero, Halo and other great shoot'em up games :)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 16.02.2010, 17:01:17 »

While it's certainly an "okay" social activity that might have its place at a convention, I would love to see something more "on topic". I don't mind a certain number of "off-topic" events, but just in case, let's keep in mind that this is a furry convention, and events that have no relation to neither the furry genre nor the furry community, will only be incorporated as fillers for timeslots and rooms that would remain unclaimed otherwise.
yours,

Cheetah

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #7 on: 16.02.2010, 17:55:22 »

(...) furry genre nor the furry community, will only be incorporated as fillers for timeslots and rooms that would remain unclaimed otherwise.

We're talking about those "open end" evening slots (starting ~20:00)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 16.02.2010, 18:32:15 »

We're talking about those "open end" evening slots (starting ~20:00)

Same principle there. If nobody needs the slot for something more furry related, they're free to be used by filler events. But it would be against the purpose of the convention to decline furry-themed events in favor of non-furry-themed events. Granted, that's not the case right now, but if we ever get into such a situation, I would like to make sure we've got clear priorities  :)
yours,

Cheetah

Mazin

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #9 on: 16.02.2010, 20:38:10 »

How about some furry-themed videogames then? :)

I could bring my copy of Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz if someone else can bring a Wii, and I've heard people talk about Bloody Roar quite a bit (never played it myself, though), and I'm sure there are plenty of others out there!

Kiki McCloud

• THE Creative Chaos!
    • Faunforest - Where fantasy is still reality... (German website!))
« Reply #10 on: 17.02.2010, 00:36:07 »

Bloody Roar!!!
I don't have it, but it's e very good game! (Like Street Fighter, but the charakters can chance into Antromorphic animals)
This is a very good idea!
Who fights can lose,
who does not fight
HAS ALREADY LOST!

<- Avatar drawn by Maitre_Joker, colored by me

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #11 on: 17.02.2010, 03:57:37 »

While it's certainly an "okay" social activity that might have its place at a convention, I would love to see something more "on topic".

Well technically, the disco, the game room, the music sig, clearing out the hotel beer supply, and having the reception hall sponsered by jagermister are also 'off topic' - if you really want to use that term. :)

Besides, I would have thought that a big empty space full of things that are trying to kill you (EG: a first person shooter) would be very much 'on theme' for the serengeti! ;D As would a bunch of fat white europeans fighting each other over pointless scraps of dirt and ignoring what the 'locals' want. ;)

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #12 on: 17.02.2010, 09:04:05 »

Well, how about furry themed videogaming night tournaments? Like, one night take Bloody Roar, the other night Super Smash Bros... etc
Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: 17.02.2010, 09:47:25 »

While it's certainly an "okay" social activity that might have its place at a convention, I would love to see something more "on topic".

Well technically, the disco, the game room, the music sig, clearing out the hotel beer supply, and having the reception hall sponsered by jagermister are also 'off topic' - if you really want to use that term. :)

You are absolutely right, so let's remove all furry content and just play Nintendo all day long while getting drunk.

*rolls eyes*

As you can see, everyone else in this thread took the hint, and tried to be constructive. Except for you.

How about reading more than the first line I wrote, and not painting it all black and white? I didn't say each and every event has to be 100% non-ambiguously furry, I just gave my Programming Director an instruction to mind the priorities so we have a con that actually feels like a con, and not like 1000 furries coincidentally meeting in a non-related place. I've experienced conventions who felt like that, and I'm doing my best that eurofurence will not become like that.

And you know that we have no influence on who the hotel chooses as their sponsors. So maybe the Maritim has "Bacardi" beer mats, I don't care.

As would a bunch of fat white europeans fighting each other over pointless scraps of dirt and ignoring what the 'locals' want. Wink

Now you are going too far. If you have some real constructive contributions to make this convention better, I'll be all ears. But please keep your destructive cynical remarks to yourself, especially when insinuating things I didn't say. Thank you.

« Last Edit: 17.02.2010, 09:56:00 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #14 on: 17.02.2010, 16:02:53 »

Are we done having fun, yes? Then we, maybe, can back change to topic, I guess?

There's no problem with video gaming, so there is no "no". But it's over half a year until EF and when it comes to programming we're in the early stages. So, also, no finall "yes". I read  topics (like this), add a note to my files and give some comment/advice.

And since it's this early and we're likely to have 70 Slots for Panels/Work Shops/Round Tables there is plenti of space left for a huge amount of furry-themend events. No panic.

And at least: no sarcasm. That goes for both sides.

Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up