Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Noticed! - The EF16 Main Page Header changes!  (Read 4653 times)

VulpesRex

I've been to the page now about 20 or 30 times, but only just noticed both a "Sunset" and a a "Night Campfire" version of header background!  Perhaps there are more?

Do they cycle through in a 24 hour period?  Are they timed to the server time (central european timezone I guess)?

Cute idea, to have the sky and horizon silhouette keep time with the sun - as it appears to be doing!
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Just Noticed! - The EF16 Main Page Header changes!
« Reply #1 on: 13.04.2010, 23:03:25 »

Hah! Finally somebody noticed it :) There are two themes, one "day" and one "night" theme. And they sync to your local time :) If you're using Firefox, you can also choose the style manually from the "view->Page Style" pulldown menu :) We thought about making something more sophisticated, but we didn't want to use flash and everything else is a browser compatibility nightmare, so we kept it simple :)
yours,

Cheetah

Whitefang

« Reply #2 on: 14.04.2010, 15:52:06 »

I noticed is as well some time ago and I also think that it's a very good idea. ^^

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #3 on: 14.04.2010, 19:01:03 »

nice one!
Pages: [1]   Go Up