Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PayPal no longer accepted  (Read 8073 times)

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
    • The Israeli Furry Website
PayPal no longer accepted
« on: 22.04.2010, 23:23:19 »

Ah... well there's goes my sponsorship :/

JonathanO

Re: PayPal no longer accepted
« Reply #1 on: 23.04.2010, 00:01:38 »

for me also

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 23.04.2010, 10:11:11 »

If the issue frustrates you so much that you no longer feel like being a sponsor member, that's of course your free decision that we will accept without further questioning. However, please note that it has always been possible to upgrade to sponsor at the consite, and this year, it's no different.

Also, to everyone else: If you have an issue like this, in all cases please conact Loewi (payment@eurofurence.org) first. Or me personally. For example, if you've paid your basic hotel room and membership fees and just want to book an upgrade, we can arrange other kinds of solutions (such as payment on site). For attendees outside of the european union we can channel some money through private paypal accounts of staff members that still work. And so on.

Nobody will miss EF or any feature pf EF because of the paypal issue, I promise. But we really have to decide based on the individual.

The sentence "please contact us for individual solutions" we put in all the mails is not a joke, we really mean it :)

yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 23.04.2010, 10:15:31 »

for me also

If that's your decision that is of course perfectly okay. But just as a hint: You're in belgium, wire transfer by SEPA of funds in € to our account won't cost you more than it would cost to transfer funds within your own country. So you would have absolutely no problem paying for your upgrade.
yours,

Cheetah

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
« Reply #4 on: 23.04.2010, 11:49:40 »

If the issue frustrates you so much that you no longer feel like being a sponsor member, that's of course your free decision that we will accept without further questioning.

Ah.. no. It just means I can't pay. An answer like that is completely uncalled for.

However, please note that it has always been possible to upgrade to sponsor at the consite, and this year, it's no different.

That's good to know. I don't recall such an option written anywhere.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 23.04.2010, 13:33:50 »

If the issue frustrates you so much that you no longer feel like being a sponsor member, that's of course your free decision that we will accept without further questioning.

Ah.. no. It just means I can't pay. An answer like that is completely uncalled for.

My apologies then :) But "there goes my sponsorsip" really was a bit ambiguous :)

However, please note that it has always been possible to upgrade to sponsor at the consite, and this year, it's no different.

That's good to know. I don't recall such an option written anywhere.

We usually do not advertise it. Of course we prefer everyone to book their sponsorship in advance, because only then are we able to put their money to good use in our current con budget. However Sponsor donation paid at the con are still very benificial, since there are also bills to be paid inbetween cons, and the current events are proof that we need more financial reserves than we used to have in the past.  But please, as I said, contact loewi about this, as we might find a suitable way to pay for you before the con anyways.
yours,

Cheetah

JonathanO

« Reply #6 on: 23.04.2010, 15:27:48 »

i want to pay for supersponser but i cant pay now only when con is there, is that a problem ?

or i can pay 2 month 60. but then i need the info for a bank transfer

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 23.04.2010, 15:32:13 »

or i can pay 2 month 60. but then i need the info for a bank transfer

If you can't pay now because you simply don't have the money yet ... simply wait until you have, and then contact payment@eurofurence.org an we will upgrade you ... you already got all the necessary information in your initial confirmation mail, however it's no problem to send you the payment email again.

yours,

Cheetah

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
« Reply #8 on: 23.04.2010, 23:52:41 »

My apologies then :) But "there goes my sponsorsip" really was a bit ambiguous :)

True, but doesn't mean you should assume it one way. Not all furries cry and complain :)
I just thought I won't have a simple option to pay for it. Regardless, thank you for the apologie :)

But please, as I said, contact loewi about this, as we might find a suitable way to pay for you before the con anyways.

I will at that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up