Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am really wodnering about the dealers' den stuff  (Read 6748 times)

GaiasAngel

Hello =)

I already has send an e mail to the team since.. uuh well since about 2 months now. I am wodnering if I ever will get an answer to it like "you are (not) in!" I just want toi make sure I have a table or not so I know how much I have to work the following month.
Or we only get a messenge after the dead line?

thanks for your time

-Gaia

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
Re: I am really wodnering about the dealers' den stuff
« Reply #1 on: 15.05.2010, 10:43:11 »

Greetings!

Practically instantly after sending your email you should have got an automatic reply from the ticket system telling you that your email has been successfully received. That's half the battle already.

However, technically speaking, I cannot guarantee a definite amount of table space to anyone until the registration deadline has passed in August, since it may be possible, although unlikely, that a bunch of applications pours in in the last minute, requiring me to rearrange everything and even snatch half a table here and there from already registered people to make some room. My goal is to allow as many dealers to sell their wares in the den as possible, which trades in the ability to schedule way ahead of time for the necessary flexibility to make last-minute changes to the setup.

At the moment we're not at our limit, though, so you (and everyone else who applied so far) can be "fairly sure" that you'll get some tablespace, likely even exactly the amount you asked for.

However, my secondary priority is the perceived quality and public demand of wares sold. This can theoretically lead to a situation when a dealer applies very late, has some AWESOME stuff to sell, but all tables would be covered with the current applications. In that case it seems sensible to reduce some other dealers' table spaces to make room for these unique wares, to improve the Dealers' Den's quality as a whole for the guests. That's a rather hypothetical issue, though, but underlines the difficulty I have in guaranteeing any fixed amount of space just yet.

Prepare your wares!
Even if you do not get all the table space you want, with a little ingenuity you can still sell half a truck's worth of wares with only half a table, it's just a bit more of a hassle. Not getting any table space at all seems highly unlikely as of now, as I'll do everything possible to prevent a waiting list from becoming necessary at all.

All that being said, I understand your insecurities very well. I refrained from sending rather useless emails reading "Yes, I've got your application, and it's likely working out, but I cannot tell for sure, yet." after the first dozen applications or so, as it was really pointless in hindsight. It's not an option to leave you and the other dealers totally in the dark, either, though, so I'll try to find a suitable way to make the process more transparent to you all. I'll hurry up about it, too.

Best regards,
  Gyroplast
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

GaiasAngel

Re: I am really wodnering about the dealers' den stuff
« Reply #2 on: 16.05.2010, 11:26:01 »

Thank you for answering. =)

I got the auto-reply but I doubted if anyone really have read it. Okay then =)
Pages: [1]   Go Up