Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contacting for Dealer's Den  (Read 7790 times)

Korrok

• Korrok.com
Contacting for Dealer's Den
« on: 06.07.2010, 13:14:02 »

I've been trying to contact about a dealer's table for a couple of weeks now...but no reply yet. How long is the usual wait to hear back? I remember it being a lot quicker last year. :/

Thanks,

Korrok

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
Re: Contacting for Dealer's Den
« Reply #1 on: 06.07.2010, 13:59:59 »

Read this: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,2327.0.html

BTW, we staffers do have regular day jobs. I'm currently sitting in front of mine and supposed to be doing something else than posting in forums. Your last inquiry by email with exactly this question is almost precisely 24 hours old now. There's no hurry at all, and everything you need to know is already posted in this forum. Please do read at least the stickies.

You already received an automatic response from the system when you initially applied for space, telling you that your email has been received by the system. Telling you again merely that your application has been received seems a waste of time to me. Last year was chaos, hence a lot more emails were sent around, adding to your impression of quicker handling. Trust me, it wasn't quicker at all, rather the contrary was true.

However, the current workflow sucks $LARGE through $SMALL_OPENING, I totally agree with that. Manually slugging through dozens of more or less well-structured emails is definitely not the way to go, and for next year I'll have something better ready. Promised. :)
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Korrok

• Korrok.com
Re: Contacting for Dealer's Den
« Reply #2 on: 06.07.2010, 14:06:44 »

Fair enough - I hadn't seen that topic, so obviously hadn't looked far enough. Thanks for the answer. Just wanted to make sure I had done everything right.

(Also, had sent an email yesterday asking if my first had been received - the initial one was earlier)
Pages: [1]   Go Up