Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF car decorations / decals / whatever  (Read 6132 times)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
EF car decorations / decals / whatever
« on: 26.07.2010, 09:57:35 »

So, EF is drawing close, and like the last two years it'll be great, of that I'm certain.
But sometimes you want to change something, right? As a personal decision I made: I want some kind of car decals or whatever, that allows other Furs to see "Where I'm headed". I've seen plenty of people using several different kinds of car decorations. Decals, stickers or simply drawn pics on their cars.

But now two questions are arising:
First, to everyone who knows about this kind of stuff:
Where get you / did you get your decals printed for the last years' EFs? I found some shops, but they only sell in huge amounts or are horrible expensive as if I'd ask 'em to tune up my whole car. *chuckles*
So, anyone knowing any good shop to get such things printed? Or should I just ask at a local copy shop or something? (I'd love to have a bigger sized one for my back window, not just a small sticker).

And the other question that is directed at EF staff mainly:
Is there any way to get the official logo / lettering of this year's EF in vector format or at least in a resolution suitable for printing it as car decal? I mean, it's private use, so, maybe you feel like sharing it.
If not, that's a pity, but okay, I'll find something else then, somehow.^^

So, yeah, that's mainly my concern. I hope I can find something to make my car look more "furry" for the week of EF...without gluing artificial fur to it.^^

What about the others here? Have any plans to make your vehicle more "fitting in"? Any cool experiences to share?

Thanks in advance for everyone's help, nya.

Greetings,
RealZero
« Last Edit: 26.07.2010, 10:51:55 by RealZero »
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
Re: EF car decorations / decals / whatever
« Reply #1 on: 05.08.2010, 16:55:18 »

Is there any way to get the official logo / lettering of this year's EF in vector format or at least in a resolution suitable for printing it as car decal? I mean, it's private use, so, maybe you feel like sharing it.

It's not a question of sharing. EF always asks for the right to do anything with an image or graphic created for the use in a EF related context. And that's the point - EF related. You will need to ask the chairman and the artist of the graphic if they're ok with an external use but right now I doubt that such a question (at lest from the pretty occupied board members) will be answered in a reasonalbe time before EF since the priority is quite low.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 05.08.2010, 19:57:12 »

I don't have a problem as long as it's for promotional/non-commercial use only, as long as you don't pretend to officially represent the convention or the board of directors, and as long as it's not used in any kind of way that might be damaging to our reputation :)

For high-res/vector versions, please refer to the artist ... that is, tanidareal :)
yours,

Cheetah

RealZero

• All links at Carrd
« Reply #3 on: 05.08.2010, 21:08:18 »

First off, thanks very much for the replies and your help. *bows*

But nya, it seems I was a bit unclear, I'm not even talking about the pic drawn by Tani at all. (although it's great^^). Nah, I'm just talking about the "Eurofurence 16" label/font thingy INSIDE the pic, you know, the same that is used for the "SERENGETI" letters on the very main/intro page.
So, if I had the corresponding font I could create it myself, if it's a font that's free to use, of course.

So, yeah, sorry for the confusion, but again, thanks for your quick replies, nya. *smiles*

Greetings,
RealZero

Edit:
Or was that "font" also created by Tani, nya?
« Last Edit: 05.08.2010, 21:10:18 by RealZero »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 05.08.2010, 23:26:58 »

Well, at least tani selected the font, so she can tell you what the name is :)
yours,

Cheetah

RealZero

• All links at Carrd
« Reply #5 on: 05.08.2010, 23:30:59 »

Alrighty, thanks very much for the informations, nya.^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up