Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now about that.. smoking thing (discussion)  (Read 12965 times)

Wardy

Now about that.. smoking thing (discussion)
« on: 01.02.2007, 00:27:15 »

I know where there will be a fiercely defended smoke-free area.  It's a 20 metre radius circle and I'm in the middle. 

I can't be doing with all these "Smoking is my right so deal with it!" types.  Yeah it is your right but it's NOT your right to make us breathe your cancer-fumes!

Wardy

somewolf

« Reply #1 on: 01.02.2007, 18:20:17 »

"Smoking is my right so deal with it!"

i'd like to remind that the rules printed in the conbook are valid for the whole property.
including private rooms and the like areas!

and including smoking regulations as well.

be sure these rules will be enforced.

if somefur feels uncomfortable with somefurs elses behavior consult a friendly security or staff member anytime

just
somewolf

Cookie

« Reply #2 on: 02.02.2007, 10:01:28 »

Yes.. cause if smokers can go without smoking for 5 minutes if needed, we non-smokers CANNOT go without breathing for five minutes..:)

Simple :)
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Okami

• Garou of the Silent Strider
« Reply #3 on: 02.02.2007, 10:25:58 »

Very simple. And it's so true. Nonsmokers may be able to hold their breath for a minute but that's still only one fifth of the time. and it would be quite hard to carry an oxigenbottle around.
« Last Edit: 02.02.2007, 10:50:02 by Okami »
If you hear a wolf howl, you can guess which pain he feels.

Arwooo~!

Wardy

Re: Now about that.. smoking thing (discussion)
« Reply #4 on: 06.02.2007, 19:04:40 »

if somefur feels uncomfortable with somefurs elses behavior consult a friendly security or staff member anytime

What's the staff's stance of dealing with the problem myself?  I ask as I HATE to go running to teacher if someone's acting like farkwit in my prescence.  If they are, I will tell them to stop being a farkwit.  And the same applies if someone thinks I'm being a farkwit.  Tell me.  I will not hit you. I will say sorry and do my utmost to stop being a farkwit.

Wardy

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 09.02.2007, 10:43:29 »

What's the staff's stance of dealing with the problem myself? 

As long as you stay polite, it's actually the preferred way. Resolving conflicts on your own in a friendly way is a way of showing social aptness, and is by all means encouraged :)

Walking up to someone and tell him in the face that you think he's a f***wit however should be avoided. If it seems unavoidable, please take your issue to a member of con or hotel staff, thank you :)

yours,

Cheetah

Taren

« Reply #6 on: 27.02.2007, 06:47:17 »

Yes.. cause if smokers can go without smoking for 5 minutes if needed, we non-smokers CANNOT go without breathing for five minutes..:)

Simple :)
I need to get that quote printed on a shirt... (;

whitewulfe

« Reply #7 on: 14.03.2007, 20:48:32 »

What about other forms of smoking, such as sheesha?  Just curious.  (And for those thinking a more green type of smoking, I wasn't referring to that. >.>)

Loewi

• Accounting Director
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #8 on: 14.03.2007, 21:10:43 »

What about other forms of smoking, such as sheesha?  Just curious.  (And for those thinking a more green type of smoking, I wasn't referring to that. >.>)

shisha smoking is cool and there always were some shishas at EF.
There are many tables outside where you can put your shisha on and smoke. But dont use illegal stuff please. Thats the way it works. :)

whitewulfe

« Reply #9 on: 14.03.2007, 21:12:45 »

shisha smoking is cool and there always were some shishas at EF.
There are many tables outside where you can put your shisha on and smoke. But dont use illegal stuff please. Thats the way it works. :)

Awww, ganj is illegal, even if one's got a green card? ~_^  (Green card in canada basically lets you legally own and manufacture chron for your own personal use, its use being reserved for chronically ill patients and such)

somewolf

« Reply #10 on: 14.03.2007, 21:26:12 »

even if

german laws apply,   regardless what laws may there be in your country of citizenship.

i'd like to remind, again, on EFs drug policy   ... and the wolfs famous nose ...

"thank you for making EF a nice & legal event for all attendees"    :-)

any questions left? 

just
somewolf

whitewulfe

« Reply #11 on: 14.03.2007, 21:29:24 »

even if

german laws apply,   regardless what laws may there be in your country of citizenship.

i'd like to remind, again, on EFs drug policy   ... and the wolfs famous nose ...

"thank you for making EF a nice & legal event for all attendees"    :-)

any questions left? 

I was kidding ~_^  Blame it on the redneck sense of humour us Albertans have...  Besides, I'd rather be a little drunk instead of stoned, I can at least still dance, carry on a conversation, and act like a regular person instead of "whoa man, half my base was just blown up by the computer, it was a pretty explosion" when playing computer games ^_^

somewolf

« Reply #12 on: 14.03.2007, 21:34:04 »

I was kidding

and my job is to make sure everfur understood this ;-.)

just
somewolf

Pages: [1]   Go Up