Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly question about "performance tools"  (Read 19412 times)

somewolf

Re: Silly question about "performance tools"
« Reply #15 on: 15.03.2007, 18:08:09 »

Ok somewolf, whats "Baned" under german law?

yay, i was waiting for that question *G*

first of all it is up to you to figure out what is lawfull in the country you are traveling to.
i could, of course, post plenty of german law texts here to make this task easier.
what would not be helpfull since most here won't understand the language and some would interpret them differently as intended by the lawmakers.

if i'd tell what is allowed to own/use in germany somefur else will use this statement as a  'yes i can bring it to the con'

no.

what will be permitted during EF is up to the weapons policy and my opinion ...at the end.

i'd like to remind of the fact that i'll ban any item deemed as potentionly dangerous by a member of the security or convention staff.

there's no chance, as stated above, to give out a yes or no upfront.
but i realy like you to leave all those 'weapon-like' stuff at home.

if someone spinns around items at the dance or somewhere else where there may be a danger for bystanders
you will be ask to stop this activity.

what did i forget to say?   :-)

*wag*
just
somewolf

Jager

• Long live the south
    • SCV dot org
« Reply #16 on: 16.03.2007, 02:08:23 »

Well you might not want to let me in then as I could be a deadly weapon just ask the US goverment. ;D
Yeah I light my own farts and your point is?

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #17 on: 16.03.2007, 08:56:27 »

Sigh........

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: 16.03.2007, 15:44:38 »

Didn't know what to put as the topic, and hopefully this is in the right sub-forum...  Was wondering what the stance on poi (with short leashes, I sooo wouldn't be bringing by long leashed ones that are literally as long as my arms), staves (bo), and nunchaku are for the con, whether used as an add on or tool when dancing or for simply goofing around outside.  Just wondering if such flow toys are acceptable, or best left at home kind of thing...

I can only second what somewolf has said. Poi shouldn't be a problem if you're careful. A Bo Staff should not be a problem if you don't swing it around, but just use it as a prop/decoration. Nunchakus are illegal in germany, please leave them at home.
« Last Edit: 16.03.2007, 16:04:18 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #19 on: 16.03.2007, 19:12:04 »

I hear a voice of reason here... thx cheetah  8)
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

whitewulfe

« Reply #20 on: 18.03.2007, 12:48:48 »

I can only second what somewolf has said. Poi shouldn't be a problem if you're careful. A Bo Staff should not be a problem if you don't swing it around, but just use it as a prop/decoration. Nunchakus are illegal in germany, please leave them at home.

Careful has to be in my name as I jumpstyle/hakken(or hakkuh, depending on where you're from) on friday and saturday nights at clubs...  Somehow I've yet to injure myself or someone else.  The bo staff was mainly being asked about since I'm "weird" and tend to do random things in the middle of the night (like say, a poi session, mp3 player with headphones... at 4am in -20C weather, in the snow).  The joys of being naturally hyperactive and needing to burn off a limitless supply of energy just so one can get six hours of sleep so they're not "dead" at work. Heh.  I'll leave the staff at home - they don't pack well anyways (not to mention the fact that airport security tends to have questions about big metal bars in your carry on)

And as for nunchaku, those I'll keep at home too.  I like my current living arrangements, and the fact that those around me speak the same language as I do. ^_^

Another silly question comes to mind - those who're into astrojax aren't considered silly twats out there, are they?  Those are easy to pack, hence why I ask about em.
« Last Edit: 18.03.2007, 12:51:45 by whitewulfe »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up