Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.  (Read 28725 times)

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories

Hi there,
as some of you noticed, we provided you with a tourist guide flyer, that also had a couple of partner restaurants listed.
To further improve our recommendations and your experience in Magdeburg, I would like to hear your comments about your visits to these or other restaurants. Good and bad feedback is welcome.

Anything from "I've been to....
-and they where very welcoming
-food was great/bad
-they offered specials..
-and there have been the following problems...
- they did / didn't stick to the special offers in the flyer.

Anything that is helpful is welcome.
Please keep comments as objective as possible and give reference if possible.

Thank you for your support. :)
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
Re: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.
« Reply #1 on: 07.09.2010, 01:53:58 »

Negative feedback on the chinese restaurant 'next to the hotel', it's a fancy looking place and it looks tidy, but on Sunday we had to wait for our food from 19:00 until 20:50, and by then it still was not served. I even went to ask the waitress about it and the response I received was "You must patience 20 minutes".
A handful of us decided to pay for the drinks we had whilst playing the waiting game, and left shortly after.

Note: I did go there with a small group earlier and the food was served reasonably quick that time, and it DID TASTE DELICIOUS.
Note: I'm not sure wether this one was on the flyer.
« Last Edit: 07.09.2010, 01:57:27 by Vixus »

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
House of Steaks Ortega
« Reply #2 on: 07.09.2010, 02:46:14 »

House of Steaks Ortega:

Good steaks, very reasonable prices.

Fried potatoes: Don't.

But: Refused to give promised special offer (free coffee/espresso after dinner) to groups below 10 people (at least on Thursday, don't know about later days).

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #3 on: 07.09.2010, 03:35:31 »

The Italian pizza and pasta place next to the hotel.

Lovely food, service was okay, waiting times a bit lengthy at the time, but the food was great.
Especially for the price, they also did the 10% discount thing on Sunday when we went there.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
« Reply #4 on: 07.09.2010, 03:36:46 »

Greek restaurant: Asteria

Great food, free alcoholic appetizer drink (Ouzo, yum!) and swift service, even for a large group, and all of that at a very reasonable price, especially for the huge amount of food you get.
« Last Edit: 07.09.2010, 03:38:48 by Vixus »

Lokosicek

• Lokosicek at WikiFur
« Reply #5 on: 07.09.2010, 05:23:34 »

I second Vixus. The Asteria greek restaurant behind the hotel had tasty dishes (their gyros was YUM!), and theyre were very welcoming, even had a discount prepared for EF attendees, which was awesome. I wholeheartly suggest this restaurant for the next year.
Phantom of LiveJournals and EF forums...

Andy the Squirrel

• My Livejournal
« Reply #6 on: 07.09.2010, 09:12:05 »

I really enjoyed the breakfast sunday morning in the italian restaurant near the hotel, fresh warm croissants and bread, nice coffee.

SupernovA

« Reply #7 on: 07.09.2010, 10:38:29 »

One of my favourites was the Asia Place in the shopping mall (not the buffet one, I don't like buffet's).
Waiting time was not long, food was great, especially the crispy duck, oh omnomnom!

We also went to the Italian place, which was very good. Waiting time was resonable. House of steaks made  us wait for our food for more then 1 hour, our order got lost. Eventually we got it and it was very tasty (spareribs!)

I'm quite content with all the food places, good food and very cheap!
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #8 on: 07.09.2010, 10:45:56 »

I've only been to the Italian restaurant "La Piazza" next to that fountain behind the hotel.
The food was excellent and made with fresh pasta. Prizes were also ok.
Some meals were more than enough, some could have been more. The waiter was amazing and we had so much fun we cried. (He told me he won't be there next year but the restaurant worthes a visite for the food anyway!)
The owner even came to the hotel on Saturday after closing to thank the chairman for the great guests we were.
Opening times are daily from 11 to 24. Sitting outside is possible.

On Sunday we had brunch at the Café Flair, right next to the McDonald's.
http://www.cafe-flair.de/
They offer brunch on Sunday and holiday - very good food in lovely atmosphere for 7,90 Euro.
The mozarella-tomato-salad was yummy and they had very good cheese there.

Very good ice cream we had at the Rialto, next to the "other" huge shopping center Allee-Center in the Breiter Weg 19. Five Minutes to walk from the Hotel.

And best Doener I had since long time was at the Bingöl Grill in the City-Carré next to the hotel at the entrance to the Kaufland supermarket. Gosh, that was gooood!
The Asia Snack on the other side was also nice and offered good quality.

SibSerag

• TailsUp-Tiger
« Reply #9 on: 07.09.2010, 11:07:07 »

We were twice to the "ALEX" restaurant/bar (out of the rear hotel entry and then turn left, 2mins to walk).
They have outdoor tables too, in front of the fountain.

It was really good: broad choice of  tasty food (Salad,Steak,Schnitzel,Burger,...), quite inexpensive and good cocktails.

I second the good feedback about the "Asteria" greek and the chinese in the mall, yummy.

There is really no need to buy anything, food or drinks, from the hotel.

Cookie

« Reply #10 on: 07.09.2010, 11:41:59 »

The japanese/asian restaurant Vixus mentioned was good one day, horrendous the next!

Their sushi were delicious, which made me go back for more the day after, only to have to wait 25 minutes to be allowed to order, and learn then that they were out of sushi (even if they were still serving them to the table next to us)..(they also pretended to be fully booked for our group of 14, which resulted in us splitting party, only to discover once upstairs that there actually WAS place for 14 people....o_O)

We ordered something else, they mixed up my order (putting on coriander, even if i specifically requested it to be removed upon order) and then, as Vixus said, we had to wait nearly 2 hours to get our dishes.

Their excuse was that two people from the staff were missing, cause it was Sunday.

Well... The italian pizza place next to the crossing in front of the mall was very good, staff was nice and pizzas were big!! i'll definitely go there again
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Korrok

• Korrok.com
« Reply #11 on: 07.09.2010, 11:43:40 »

I had a good experience with the restaurant just at the side of the hotel, the Asian place that gave the 20% discount. The food was very tasty indeed!

The steak house had tasty food, but I believe it may have given me some kind of food poisoning or stomach upset. Within a couple of hours of having a schnitzel there, I had vomited it up and was very sick for about 12 hours afterwards. Not good at all as it kinda ruined my con, since I had a Dealer's table (I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend to look after it for me!) and had to catch up on an absolute ton of commission work in the evening.

We also visited a Chinese restaurant that is a few minutes walk further away from the hotel than the fountain, the one with the highly decorated poles outside the front door. It was very pleasant with nice prices but long wait times despite being very quiet.

The Maritim's restaurant was just far too overpriced. The Maritim burger was okay, and the tomato soup was delicious, but the prices were just awful.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #12 on: 07.09.2010, 12:02:54 »

There's a very nice place called Sushi Moon a bit south of the hotel, near Hasselbachplatz, which has a sushi buffet thing going on on Thursdays. Can't really do anything wrong with that - the only problem with that one is that Google Maps somehow thinks it's up north by the university.  ::)

For non-evening meals, the Asia Snack and Papaya restaurants in the mall were quite okay. There's also this German eatery in the mall right behind Bingöl Döner, forgot what it's called - their breakfast was quite affordably priced (coffee & bread roll for €2), but don't even think about asking for a currywurst before 11:00. :P

« Last Edit: 07.09.2010, 12:04:33 by doco »
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

BluePaw

« Reply #13 on: 07.09.2010, 13:05:42 »

Lovely food, service was okay, waiting times a bit lengthy at the time, but the food was great.
Especially for the price, they also did the 10% discount thing on Sunday when we went there.
as said, lovely pizza, good prices and ok service-time.

the BBQ at the hotell was realy bad. accidently got in to the chicken-line (cuz there was no info). never ever tasted such bad chicken, EVER.
later in the week took a maritim-burger cuz it was closest at hand. tasted sour.
both were overly expencive to.

pizza-hut, bit long waiting-time, but realy nice food, ok price. recomend strongly to take the large pizza and to take like ½ of it home to the hotell with you again, perfect breakfast or whatever other meal u want it to be (takes a lot of tricking to get it in to the fridge tho :P )

the hotell BAR was just a joke... ridiculusly expencive and just luck if you actually got what you payed for.

otherwise i got a lot of food from the local store, and that worked perfectly fine that to.
and they sold alcohol to, so you actually could drink a bit in the room, and then go down and take something to take a beer that u could walk around with for a while

Lweek

« Reply #14 on: 07.09.2010, 13:19:17 »

I can agree! BTW, one small disadvantage, they give 10% discount only if a table paid together.
Mrewa!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up