Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.  (Read 28690 times)

Dragony

• Time Lord
Re: Honest Feedback about external restaurants here please.
« Reply #15 on: 07.09.2010, 15:02:35 »

Bingöl Döner Grill: http://www.bingoel-doener.de/

Very friendly, very clean, and for a small budget, you get your food in a great quantity and also quality. 6,90€ for a great chicken-Döner-plate, and you weren't hungry for many hours.

I was there with Malti at the "Hasselbachplatz", and she gave up - it was too much of food, but very delicious.
 :D

In the City-Carré, there was also a good station für cheap food, called "Papaya", and also in a great quantity and quality. Fried noodles with crunchy Duck ~ round about 6€. Same like the Bingöl-Döner-Grill.

Both locations were very friendly, cheap and quick.
"State your name, rank and intention!" - "The Doctor, Doctor,... fun..."

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #16 on: 07.09.2010, 15:29:40 »

There's a Croation restaurant "Kroatia" near the cathedral.. it served some of the best grilled meats I have had the pleasure to taste in a long time. The ambiente is very nice, it's very professional and clean, the people are friendly, and the food doesn't cost all that much. 12 Euros for a platter of mixed grilled meats (Cevapchichi, grilled bacon, grilled chicken, etc.) and about 15 for a platter of mixed grilled steaks and filets.

This restaurant gets 5 NOM's from me!

Deoloup

« Reply #17 on: 07.09.2010, 16:55:45 »

The steakhouse was very nice :)
Not so expensive, large choice of meals.
And reaaaaaaally nomnom !

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #18 on: 07.09.2010, 18:53:59 »

On the other side of the train station is a Schnitzel place called "Schnitzel Tempel". We invaded them on Friday with between 30 and 40 furs, and on my reservation they basically closed the entire thing to the normal public, ignored their normal opening hours and switched side dishes from per-meal to bringing out bowls of various sides for each table. The food was tasty, and they managed to serve all the meals in a reasonably short time frame. Asking around, I think most furs taking part in the Schnitzelfest were pretty happy with the place and want to go there again next year ^.^ Oh, and doco had his picture taken as one of the Schnitzel Kings for eating a 1kg XXL-Schnitzel in the record time of 37 minutes.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #19 on: 07.09.2010, 22:29:00 »

The asian style restaurant in the City Caree - I think it was the Papaya - was quite good.

ALEX (backside of hotel and to the left) was great: limited selection of food, but very good, cheap and could handle our group size as well (went there on sunday and monday)

Palazzo: (went there on wednesday) The second room was completely full with furs, most of them openly displaying their lanyards/badges. Took quite some time to get the food (understandable, since there were so many of us), but also did take some time to even get the drinks. Refused to offer us the 10% discount, at first seeming to be not aware of it, then telling us that we should have told them in advance and now "he had already printed the invoice".

Kaufland: good beverages for cheap prices ;)

*purrrrr*

Fangz

• FangzWuff / T-Fang
« Reply #20 on: 07.09.2010, 22:31:33 »

Mainly was at 4 eatin places besides the hotel itself

Greek restaurant: Asteria, had great food, not too long a wait and great staff, tho abit high prices.

The pizza hut was also great, in all ways imaginable except abit crowded, but that usualy jusy means the food is good ^^

The House of steaks, long wait, lots of wrong orders, messy and impolite negative staff and  the food was at a 3 of 6, ok not good. tho how a place with 50 gram steaks can be a steak house I will never know :P I was still hungry afther eating, but place was disapointing so I got some mc donalds afther.

Dont remember name but a small place close too hotel too the right out front door, had breakfast there, was okey, but abit negative staff anf very slow... how can bread and some coffe take over and hour?

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
« Reply #21 on: 07.09.2010, 22:37:14 »

I can't believe no-one mentioned the restaurant inside the hotel yet.

Tempted to try? Just Don't.

1: Rediculously expensive
2: Staff acts like robots
3: You will constantly be watched
4: Too 'high class' to enjoy, you will feel awkward.

Fangz

• FangzWuff / T-Fang
« Reply #22 on: 07.09.2010, 22:40:35 »

I can't believe no-one mentioned the restaurant inside the hotel yet.

Tempted to try? Just Don't.

1: Rediculously expensive
2: Staff acts like robots
3: You will constantly be watched
4: Too 'high class' to enjoy, you will feel awkward.

hmm, Expensive yes, about same prices as we got home in norways... witch is insane by european standards :P
Still it was nice and cosy enough in a group atlest, so was my secound favorite place.

Anyways I think this is for external resturant feedback. :)

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #23 on: 07.09.2010, 22:52:22 »

The Italian pizza and pasta place "Palazzo":
Ate there twice. Food is all right, had better, had worse. Defenitly perfect considering the price, which is extremly low for German standards. They were not prepared for crowds on Wednesday, as it took 2 hrs to be served. On top of that, our table ordered FIRST (at a time when the other tables around us were empty) and got the food LAST (as the other 6 tabels filled up quickly after our order, all getting their food before us).

Chinese take away in mall in front of Maritim:
Great! Tasty food, extreme big portions, low price, fast.

Coffee shop in mall behind Maritim:
Tasty drinks, plus free usage of Internet Terminal (handy for people like me who do not own a note book).

Cafe Hansen (next road crossing the Maritim, Ernst Reuter Alee):
Had all you can eat breakfast buffet for 5€, including coffee, jams, cold cuts, cheese, tarts, egs etc.

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #24 on: 07.09.2010, 23:07:00 »

The Sushi Moon place that doco mentioned was superb. Was there three times :P (There's no such thing as too much sushi!)

I also went to the Sportsbar next to the hotel called "The Fan", but when we mentioned the offer of an Schnitzel or burger and drink for 8.99 Euros they acted as if they didn't know about the offer which was weird. They apparently didn't even have schnitzels!
Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Raider

« Reply #25 on: 07.09.2010, 23:19:23 »

The Palazzo right next to the hotel serves really great food. It's not the best food I've ever eaten, but the value you get for your money is excellent. They serve very good milkshakes. We ate there for breakfast and lunch several times. Waiting times are not great, but alright. The service is mediocre, but nothing to get upset about. They seemed to adapt to their new customers over the days and grew more friendly.

The Sushi place on to the left side of the hotel has very good food at moderate pricing but the waiting times were not aceptable. We waited for 1 1/2 hours before we finally got to eat on Saturday and another 15 minutes for the bill.

Right next to the hotel on the left is the "One" cocktail bar. Drinks are priced between 5-8 Euros and the menu is very elaborate. The drinks are tasty (yes, you can actually taste what is says on the menu), are of standard size and contain alcohol. The service was friendly, but we sometimes had to wait a little long to get our drinks. They are pretty strict on their "open end" closing times and we saw them turn away a group of at least 10 people at 2am on friday.

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #26 on: 07.09.2010, 23:34:39 »

The Italian pizza and pasta place next to the hotel.

Lovely food, service was okay, waiting times a bit lengthy at the time, but the food was great.
Especially for the price, they also did the 10% discount thing on Sunday when we went there.

I can agree! BTW, one small disadvantage, they give 10% discount only if a table paid together.

We had our check the split and they still did the 10% discount thing.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #27 on: 07.09.2010, 23:40:00 »

Had all you can eat breakfast buffet for 5€, including coffee, jams, cold cuts, cheese, tarts, egs etc.

Yeah some places in eastern Germany have incredibly cheap breakfast buffets, and the quality is often quite superb.

I remember one for 4.44 EUR in Halle an der Saale. Even had Salmon and fresh omelets.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
« Reply #28 on: 07.09.2010, 23:50:30 »

Anyways I think this is for external resturant feedback. :)

Someone told me that the restaurant was not part of the hotel itsself even though it was located in the same building. The same applies for the 'center bar' where a cup of coffee was 80 cents cheaper than in that particular restaurant where coffee was 3 euro's.

Cookie

« Reply #29 on: 08.09.2010, 12:51:17 »

I forgot to mention one of the best pieces of meat ever was sold on the counter in front of the supermarket's row of cashiers.. A kind of roast on a bone (dunno which kind of meat that was, though)

Was delicious.. (made the whole room smell of meat LOL).. and ... 2,5 euros a piece:) + 1 euros for slices of roasted potatoes..
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up