Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal-Event  (Read 34317 times)

Fauho

• webvos
Re: Metal-Event
« Reply #15 on: 08.09.2010, 11:34:37 »

Maybe also a bit of Gothic and EBM? Would love to help on that ;)

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #16 on: 08.09.2010, 14:48:40 »

Dude! That'd be f*cking awesome if we really get enough space for some pogo ;D

Damn, that means I'll have to wear all my leather and spikes clothing so I can force "pogo-ing" people away from me. *chuckles*
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #17 on: 08.09.2010, 15:06:26 »

Dude! That'd be f*cking awesome if we really get enough space for some pogo ;D

Furry pogopile, YAY  :D *jumps in*

Super Swede

• The horse is watching you!
« Reply #18 on: 08.09.2010, 20:13:34 »

I absolutely loved the metal-act at Stage Fever. a big plus was that they played for real! Big credits to you two guys who performed (I forgot your names!)

Rock on! \,,/
May the horse be with you!

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #19 on: 08.09.2010, 20:28:04 »

We're having a disco here in Nuremberg, that is focused on exactly that kind of music.

*hehe* are you refering to the Rock Fabrik? Has been a while since I've been there!  ;)
An alternative music place at EF would be great. As GreyLion and Thygrrr mentioned allready, there was a gig at EF 15. But it if I remember right it was at the same time with the big blue dance, and so not well visited. Plus no special effects (lights etc.) 

Ixas

« Reply #20 on: 08.09.2010, 22:53:15 »

Maybe also a bit of Gothic and EBM?
The only condition is that you can bang your head to it ;)

*hehe* are you refering to the Rock Fabrik?
Yes I do. It's the best place for nightlife in Nuremberg (besides the "O'Sheas"-Irish Pub ;) )

But it if I remember right it was at the same time with the big blue dance
Aww crap! That'd be the most shitty Timeslot we could get. Even for me the BBD is a must-see  :-\

Lions_

« Reply #21 on: 08.09.2010, 23:02:43 »

Classic Metal, Irish Folk Metal, Fantasy Metal, Middel Age Rock, EBM, Gothic, DarkWave... the List goes on.
From Iron Maiden, to Fiddlers Green, over Finntroll to Nightwish, subway to sally, InExtremo to ASP and Samsas Traum....

There are so many stuff we got to play, but before we talk about WHAT to play, we should...
1) get the OK from EF Orga
2) get to know who gets which equipment
3) who operates which equipment

beside that i dont think that an pogo-event would be a good idea. ya know, if anything would happen there, it will be the last time such an event would take place.

drayygon

• The UK communities militant dragon
« Reply #22 on: 08.09.2010, 23:08:41 »

Hell, I'm listening to my mass mix of metal as I read through this, you know I'd support it. I can't really give a damn for BBF's dance as it is music I don't really get passionate about. And hell yeah, gotta span the years and genres, including (as said) Irish folk metal/Celtic punk. Dropkick Murphy's anyone?

Ixas

« Reply #23 on: 09.09.2010, 13:40:45 »

Dropkick Murphy's anyone?
Dropkick Murphys kick ass!! Of course we need some songs of them at the event :)

BTW: Does anyone of you know who's responsible for setting up the timetable at EF?

SupernovA

« Reply #24 on: 09.09.2010, 14:17:57 »

Dropkick Murphy's anyone?

Count me in!!!!!  ;D
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #25 on: 16.09.2010, 19:17:31 »

BTW: Does anyone of you know who's responsible for setting up the timetable at EF?

That's also me. Anyway, I've to admit that I don't feel comfortable about this. We had those alternative music event discussions before. We had discussion about a dedicated dance for such music. We had discussion about alternating BBFs choise of music and we had discussions about late night panels and so on.

To be honest, the thing is that you're passionate with this music but most of our guests aren't. Not that we tried it or gave people a chance to host such an event. But reality told us that such an event wouldn't be attended well, except of some enthusiasts.

As the director of programming I have to take care of that most guest are comfortable with the programm and since most people wouldn't enjoy such music at the bar I can't give it to you. A seconds reason for "no bar" is that the hotel makes its money with the bar and we therefore can't host a not well attended event there.

The Ringberg was another story. The hotel had two bars and alternative events, like we had in the program hostet by akeela, caused no interference with the other bar or other evenst running in parallel. The Maritim is a different story. Space is limited and I can't assign a room to you next to - say - a game room or the artists lounge.

At this time I don't know anything about how the programming for next year will look like, Maybe I can assign a room to you and maybe not. For now I'd liek to ask you to contact me on this issue on February next year. I will have an eye on this thread if it's active but better to nudge me.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #26 on: 16.09.2010, 19:48:42 »

To be honest, the thing is that you're passionate with this music but most of our guests aren't. Not that we tried it or gave people a chance to host such an event. But reality told us that such an event wouldn't be attended well, except of some enthusiasts.

Well, I've seen other cons trying alternative dances and none of those worked very well. Of course it is hard to estimate how the Eurofurence crowd would react, every convention is unique (that's why so many of them can exist, after all), and every year is different.

At this time I don't know anything about how the programming for next year will look like, Maybe I can assign a room to you and maybe not.

Also note that it would need a sufficient PA and at least some kind of lighting, which requires a lot of effort to set up and tear down ad hoc.

However, I believe we have a hard show stopper: as far as I know we do not pay music royalties ("GEMA") for the conference rooms. In this case we cannot have music performances there.
« Last Edit: 17.09.2010, 12:44:01 by o'wolf »
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #27 on: 17.09.2010, 12:04:25 »

However, I believe we have a hard show stopper: as far as I know we do not pay music royalties ("GEMA") for the conference rooms. In this case we cannot have a music performances there.

Oh, right, another issue. Thanks for the reminder.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

lupestripe

« Reply #28 on: 20.09.2010, 23:42:56 »

Looks like there could be a metal set after all as BBF is looking for DJs for all genres of music to audition to play in the Piano Bar. I am liking this idea :)

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #29 on: 21.09.2010, 00:13:23 »

I have been supporting the idea of having a rock event at EF since 2004, and that it's possible has been proven last year by the French furs who spontaneously organised an empty room, brought a PA and some lights from somewhere and made their own dance event.

Now, of course, that was just another dance involving electronic music, but it shows that with little effort, a rock / metal dance could have been realized easily.

Why am I not doing it? There's a simple answer: I'm an expert on many music styles, but metal or rock sure aren't part of that. I could of course grab some sort of "100 best rock songs of all time" CD compilations and press play on a CD player for two hours, but that wouldn't be fun for anyone, not even for me. So I was hoping for some rock DJ to show up and suggest something. I had a few suggestions, but they never were realized for some reason.

Also, a few people who contacted me mentioned that they were actually afraid of asking me because they thought I didn't like competition, so please let me point this out:

I don't consider a rock / metal dance "competition". I consider it "contribution".

I'm pretty sure most of you agree when I say that most metal furs would rather hang out in the bar or do something else while Kenai or me are DJing. It's not your type of music, so you won't attend. I totally understand this, and this is also why I always thought having a rock dance, even if it happens at the same time as my dance, would be an additional contribution to the con experience: It would make people happy that I can't make happy with the things I do. How much better can it get? :)

When it comes to the Piano bar dances, the name already gives it away: It has to be a bit "Piano". The musicians around you know what I mean. We can't have extreme styles like speed metal, agressive punk or similar in the bar, just like we can't have Drum'n'Bass or gangster rap. So please let me point this out once more: If you're willing to host an event like that or know of someone who wants to, please contact me and I'll try to help you as best as I can. We -may- be able to provide a mobile PA, we may be able to find a room, but this all depends on the event schedule and other things. However, we'll do all that is possible to help you running such an event, since after all, the more people leave the con with a happy feeling, the happier we, the con staff, will be.  :)
Official Something
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up