Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metal-Event  (Read 34336 times)

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
Re: Metal-Event
« Reply #30 on: 22.09.2010, 04:42:55 »

Dude! That'd be f*cking awesome if we really get enough space for some pogo ;D

Furry pogopile, YAY  :D *jumps in*

Bloodpogo?  :o

I Remember a Punkconcert, on this the Band says that they play one song more for every bleeding nose.., in the end it was 12 bleeding noses and songs, very fun to stay on stage and watch them beating their faces  ;D Hell good thing that i was doing stage security on that gig and not standing in the crowd..
« Last Edit: 22.09.2010, 04:46:09 by Huskyboy »

Jaryic

• Stage Director
« Reply #31 on: 22.09.2010, 11:49:30 »

we may be able to find a room,

don't be too bold here.
Until we have a solution for GEMA in the conference rooms. We simply can not use them for scheduled music performances.
The Piano Bar is covered by the Hotel's own GEMA licence (at least for playing CD-ish music) so no problem here.

If we realy want/need an alternative dance in one of the conference rooms we need to get our brains working how to pull it off legally.

.Jar
Only those that can see which is invisible can do the impossible.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: 24.09.2010, 15:59:49 »

I Remember a Punkconcert, on this the Band says that they play one song more for every bleeding nose.., in the end it was 12 bleeding noses and songs, very fun to stay on stage and watch them beating their faces  ;D Hell good thing that i was doing stage security on that gig and not standing in the crowd..

A fun story about the stupidity of people :) I'm glad that this is what EF is not :)
yours,

Cheetah

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: 24.09.2010, 16:07:47 »

Yeah, I agree, music licensing is a HUGE problem. The german music mafia has pretty obscene pricing rules based on room size and entrance fee. Guess why we are charging an extra 5€ for the stage area only?

So I'm afraid, there will be no dances outside the main ballroom and the piano bar in the forseeable future.
yours,

Cheetah

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
« Reply #34 on: 24.09.2010, 17:20:53 »

A fun story about the stupidity of people :) I'm glad that this is what EF is not :)

for the people that wanted to see the band it was nice, for the ones that wanted to do violent stuff it was nice.. so not a problem

Yeah Music Mafia is the right word, its the same with the "Public TV" Mafia..

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #35 on: 22.02.2011, 09:31:41 »

Seriously, if there`s only going to be electronic music "or noyse as I call it" I am going to have be severely drunk to attend anything like that. Seriously, I`d gladly cough up some more cash to gett a metal thing going, heck I`d do my best to help!  I`m bringing my laptop, and a phono cable, so let`s see what happens.
I`m tottally for Dropkick Murphys, got all their tracks will be bringing them along.
Also I have about one terra of metal, and am willing to donate.
Dude what about a guitarhero competition? Metal karaoke, a furpilemoshpit?  Hiering some local band? yeah, that would tottally rock. And what`s with the dressing up in leather and spikes, isn`t that just normal evening wear anyway? And what`s this crap about music a licence?
What if we stream music from an internett radio station, they`re played for the public anyway?
how about http://radiosatan666.com/ thy`re mostly metal and rock.
Honestly, why not just ask if there`s a vacant room and rig something up our selves.
« Last Edit: 22.02.2011, 09:47:50 by Ziggy_wolf »
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #36 on: 22.02.2011, 10:58:04 »

Yeah, I agree, music licensing is a HUGE problem. The german music mafia has pretty obscene pricing rules based on room size and entrance fee. Guess why we are charging an extra 5€ for the stage area only?

So I'm afraid, there will be no dances outside the main ballroom and the piano bar in the forseeable future.

Is there no difference between a 'private' event and a 'public' event? In my country we have also that kind of maffia, called SABAM, but they have no business if you're running a private party... Off course, the question is when is your party private? Some minor adjustments about the reg system and entrance restrictions could do perhaps?!?

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #37 on: 22.02.2011, 13:58:18 »

Seriously, if there`s only going to be electronic music "or noyse as I call it" I am going to have be severely drunk to attend anything like that. Seriously, I`d gladly cough up some more cash to gett a metal thing going, heck I`d do my best to help!  I`m bringing my laptop, and a phono cable, so let`s see what happens.
I`m tottally for Dropkick Murphys, got all their tracks will be bringing them along.
Also I have about one terra of metal, and am willing to donate.
Dude what about a guitarhero competition? Metal karaoke, a furpilemoshpit?  Hiering some local band? yeah, that would tottally rock. And what`s with the dressing up in leather and spikes, isn`t that just normal evening wear anyway? And what`s this crap about music a licence?
What if we stream music from an internett radio station, they`re played for the public anyway?
how about http://radiosatan666.com/ thy`re mostly metal and rock.
Honestly, why not just ask if there`s a vacant room and rig something up our selves.

m(

I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #38 on: 23.02.2011, 00:26:41 »

Is there no difference between a 'private' event and a 'public' event?

If you play music in your hotel room at a private room party, and keep the door locked, letting only your friends in, that would probably be legal. But there is no such thing like "a small private part of a large public event". If it's a part of EF, we're obligued to license it as a part of EF, no matter if that sub-event has a guest list or not.

yours,

Cheetah

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #39 on: 07.03.2011, 15:36:20 »

First of all sorry, if I've offended any one, but techno just isn't my cup of tea.
I'm sure the artists are talented whitinn their genre.
I will however try to listen to it, to see if I can brainwash my self in to liking it.
Oh, well atleast you're not playing hiphop, (again no offence I can enjoy some techno, but I draw the line at hiphop)
Anyhow, would it be possible to play a bit of darkwave?
You know, Suicice Commando, Combi Christ, Zeromancer, Project Pitchfork, and the like?
Please?... Pretty please?!
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #40 on: 07.03.2011, 17:19:03 »

I would love to see an event like this as well - definitiely I think there is a place for this kind of music in the furry community and at EF,  and I think would see alot of attenance -Id like to think starting an event is going to be positive for the con and for creating some musical variety -  so it is cool that something is being attempted.

Even if we cant make it a dance event, maybe we could play music anyway, or at least start a discussion and take it from there.

Also, why not invite those at the event to come to a private room party later on?

Gargoyle in da house.

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #41 on: 08.03.2011, 00:52:16 »

I can imagine my roommate wouldn't be hard to persuade.
I'll be bringing along about 500gigg worth of various metal and rock and a phono plugg,
So, let's see what happens. Maybe we can cook up somthing together here?
On a sidenote, I'm contemplating throwing a metal/ art gigg.
Getting a bunch of artists or people who want to learn together, and doing a figure drawing thing.
Using a 3d model as a drawing refferanse, or better yet fursuiters!
There will be about 25 from our pack joining EF this year, amung them atleast 5 suiters we can ambush.

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #42 on: 08.03.2011, 10:45:39 »

Legal aspects aside, being a nice fur you surely wouldn't turn the volume up that much that all surrounding rooms will involuntarily be part of your party in the middle of the night, would you? I'm pretty sure our security team would totally hate having to ruin your fun because they get complaints about it.

*purrrr*

Zuki

• Go Team Zuki
« Reply #43 on: 08.03.2011, 11:59:50 »

Im sure we can find some compromise which means we dont disturb other guests, I know some of the room parties Ive been at at louder than most stereos and havent had any problems, but also I dont need music to be amazingly loud to enjoy it - tho it definitely helps ;)

Ill bring along some tunes too if i can - I will add im not a complete metal fan, in fact I like loads of kinds of music, but its great to see people proposing stuff to support their passion, I know of 3-4 UKFurs at least who would also be into this idea.

Gargoyle in da house.

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #44 on: 08.03.2011, 14:46:34 »

Offcourse we need to keep the volume at a moderate level, I for one rather like not blasting down the walls.
Anyhow, my roomie is all for it.  I will consult my pack, and see what we can come up with.

Now, I`ll bring a laptop, and needed cables and stuff, all we need now is to borrow a stereo.
I assume, drinking at the hotellroom won`t be a problem as long as people, don`t behave to much like wild beasts.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up