Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Discussion  (Read 16614 times)

Tioh

• Pawpet Show
    • Tioh.de
Parking Discussion
« on: 06.09.2010, 17:19:49 »

The ticket machine at the Maritim showed for my bill 109 Euro and I did not have enough 20 Euro notes, so I went to the Hotel registration.
They told me that I can pay there too - and get a discount because I had a room in the Hotel. I payed 79 Euro (including the days für early arrival/late departure).
I hope nobody used the machine in the garage.

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
Parking Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 06.09.2010, 20:28:14 »

Arf, i payed 108 Euro als the Desk :/
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Parking Discussion
« Reply #2 on: 06.09.2010, 21:43:42 »

I only payed 80eur at the front desk including the early-arrival and late-departure -days.
They said simething about giving me a special prive "like the ohers".
I guess that was not possible via the machine or noone though of people
paying >100eur parking fees in cash (no cards) at the machine.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
Parking Discussion
« Reply #3 on: 07.09.2010, 07:16:36 »

Arf, i payed 108 Euro als the Desk :/

Ouch. That was, like, the entire confee for EF 9.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Dragony

• Time Lord
Parking Discussion
« Reply #4 on: 07.09.2010, 09:44:51 »

I was parking at the point #4, which doco told us. One week, only 19,20 €. The negative thing was, that the way from the parkingplace "Maybachstrasse" to the hotel, was a little bit long if you had much of baggage. But for this "student prices", it would be the best parking. And for the other fuzzes, which travelled by a bus, too.

Thanks for telling.
"State your name, rank and intention!" - "The Doctor, Doctor,... fun..."

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
Re: Parking Discussion
« Reply #5 on: 08.09.2010, 01:20:21 »

@Dragony: You could also just park at the hotel for an hour, unload your luggage and then drive to point #4, saves you the trouble of dragging all your stuff along for the walk. Short stay was 1,50 for an hour, and 1 for every additional.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Sairys

« Reply #6 on: 08.09.2010, 13:17:12 »

parking prices at the Maritim were horrible

Dragony

• Time Lord
« Reply #7 on: 08.09.2010, 17:41:12 »

@Dragony: You could also just park at the hotel for an hour, unload your luggage and then drive to point #4, saves you the trouble of dragging all your stuff along for the walk. Short stay was 1,50 for an hour, and 1 for every additional.

I did that on Monday, on late department. That was very great. At the early arrival, I was a little bit stupid to check this 9.6
"State your name, rank and intention!" - "The Doctor, Doctor,... fun..."

Thalian

• Photographer
  • General Staff
  • Fotoköter
« Reply #8 on: 08.09.2010, 17:50:17 »

The ticket machine at the Maritim showed for my bill 109 Euro and I did not have enough 20 Euro notes, so I went to the Hotel registration.
They told me that I can pay there too - and get a discount because I had a room in the Hotel. I payed 79 Euro (including the days für early arrival/late departure).
I hope nobody used the machine in the garage.

Actually, that was not really a discount: 79 Euros is the price for a monthly parking pass, and that's just what you got (although the ticket was limited to the time of the convention). But yes, I hope that everyone knew about this  :P

SupernovA

« Reply #9 on: 08.09.2010, 21:04:23 »

Well, can say we didn't knew about that. But we had the car moved the day after arrival, we parked just across the street, not the cheapest parking lot, but way cheaper then Maritim parking.
By the way, we were parked less then a day at Maritim and we already had to pay 18 euros  :o Parking lot across from maritim was 30 euros, until late departure  ;D
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

BluePaw

« Reply #10 on: 09.09.2010, 00:01:18 »

as just said accidenlty in another post before i saw this thread.
we got to allmost 130€, but since we did not get taht information in time, we couldn't go to the reception.
the 79 including early and late sounded a LOT better tho.
Actually, that was not really a discount: 79 Euros is the price for a monthly parking pass, and that's just what you got (although the ticket was limited to the time of the convention). But yes, I hope that everyone knew about this  :P
appearently not. and we didn't find any of that information in english anywere ither.
we know perfect swedish, and perfect english. and not a word german.

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #11 on: 09.09.2010, 11:24:31 »

I wonder how so many people did not know about this, since it was advertised in this thread: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,2186.0.html
I mean going to a new location, it only seems logical to me that you check the travel board about important information regarding your travel?

And even when you walked to the elevators there were signs going:
Parking first hour: 1,50
Every additional hour: 1,00
Day: 18,00
Month: 67,00 (Or something, with an explanation about this offer).

I parked in the City Carree and paid at the desk since the machine wouldn't accept my money. The guy behind the counter made a little discount too and wondered if we would be back last year, since he found the whole ordeal very amusing.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

BluePaw

« Reply #12 on: 09.09.2010, 13:40:35 »

I wonder how so many people did not know about this, since it was advertised in this thread: https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,2186.0.html
I mean going to a new location, it only seems logical to me that you check the travel board about important information regarding your travel?

And even when you walked to the elevators there were signs going:
Parking first hour: 1,50
Every additional hour: 1,00
Day: 18,00
Month: 67,00 (Or something, with an explanation about this offer).

I parked in the City Carree and paid at the desk since the machine wouldn't accept my money. The guy behind the counter made a little discount too and wondered if we would be back last year, since he found the whole ordeal very amusing.
you might wanna try reading that again. nothing about month, or even day for that matter. even less so bout disscounts on exception for 1 of the areas.

edit: ok, /day i just saw, but still nothing bout weekly/monthly. and after bout 16h in a car, u don't have brains enough och energy to start asking questions, then it just fell out of mind. not to add that it was hard enough just to get some personal to even understand even basic english. so as i said, need clearifying, very easy to read signs, in english, not just for me, you can't assume everyone knows german.
« Last Edit: 09.09.2010, 14:17:59 by BluePaw »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #13 on: 09.09.2010, 13:47:28 »

you might wanna try reading that again. nothing about month, or even day for that matter. even less so bout disscounts on exception for 1 of the areas.

If you don't see the fees posted (but, yes, they are,) how about going to the hotel reception desk and ask before leaving your car in the garage for more than an hour?
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Onkel Kage

• Art Show
    • Unclekage.com
« Reply #14 on: 09.09.2010, 18:10:25 »

I, took parked at the City Carree.  It was 9 Euro per day maximum, and my whole stay was 45 Euro via the ticket machine. 

I do not recall who it was who suggested I park there, but thank you very much for the tip.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up