Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parking Discussion  (Read 16613 times)

Mooie

• Moo!
Re: Parking Discussion
« Reply #15 on: 09.09.2010, 18:21:46 »

so as i said, need clearifying, very easy to read signs, in english, not just for me, you can't assume everyone knows german.

I don't know.  Going to Germany, are you really going there and expecting them to know another language, but their native one?  That's a bit naïve.  Of course it's a good thing if people working in service oriented businesses, like hotels are, to know more than one language.  And sure, today knowing English is a fairly safe bet.  But assuming they do, no... don't.  Stay home or go to a place where you absolutely know you'll be understood, or learn the language which is natively spoken in the country you're going to.  </rant>

Anyway, we did find a fairly okay parking, not too far away from the hotel and at a fairly okay price.  At a level which was well within budgeted for the four of us who went there.

kyo

« Reply #16 on: 09.09.2010, 20:35:45 »

well I parked at city caree and they have been awfully nice to me. Next time Ill be there again =)

Tungro

• Otters Everywhere!
    • The Otterholt
« Reply #17 on: 10.09.2010, 12:57:56 »

The top tip about the Maritim parking (getting it sorted at reception for cheaper rates) seemed to work at the City Carré too. I had to go to the attendant booth as the machine kept on spitting out my bank notes again and again despite the fact they were nice, crisp notes. The booth is located on the barrier floor - drive up to the barriers and park up just out of the way. Turn around and go up the slight slope and you'll see the glass booth where the attendant sits. I don't know the reason why, but when I presented my ticket he asked for 30€ as opposed to the 36€ the machine was asking me for. And it wasn't a one-off - I went with someone to pick their car up from the car park and their 36€ ticket turned into 30€. So... thought I'd share that tip! :)
--
Head of Registration for ConFuzzled
(though my opinions are my own!)

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
« Reply #18 on: 10.09.2010, 14:44:16 »

The warden there seemed to be very amused, he rounded mine down to the nearest 10fold also and asked if we would be back next year.
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Nimrais

• Artist
    • http://www.nimrais.de
« Reply #19 on: 12.09.2010, 18:36:26 »

There was a huge parking area not too far from the hotel (when you turn right and go down the street a bit, on the left side) where parking for one week was only 10 Euros. You could easily unload your luggage, park your car there and walk back to the hotel. :)

Shivon

• Shivon <3 Waffles
    • Shivon.NL
« Reply #20 on: 12.09.2010, 21:16:45 »

Went to the Maritime parking place to unload and load my bags. Only costs like 1,50 euro per hour so that is doable. For the long term I did the City Carree. Easy to reach and a cheaper price. What was nice is that the parking guard gave me 10 euro discount :D. He was looking forward to seeing us again next year. So just a piece of advice. If you park there, then pay at the parking guards office, show your EuroFurence badge and he might give you discount :).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up