Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF Sweet Sixteen's security staff.  (Read 14317 times)

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
EF Sweet Sixteen's security staff.
« on: 07.09.2010, 02:33:52 »

Feel free to post your opinions here!

From what I have seen and heard the EF Security team has been doing great work, not only just walking around making sure everything's going the way it was supposed to go, but I even saw someone from the staff whose name I forgot, and Gyroplast #18 (The one that doesn't sleep) armed with white latex gloves - carefully picking small pieces of glass off the fourth floor corridor while a whole bunch of us fuzzbutts were frolicking around there and imbibing all sorts of alcoholic drinks. Luckily those who were walking around barepawed did not cut themselves on it.

Not only that, but I heard a few local youngsters deemed it fit to harrass suiters in front of the hotel, and thanks to the security team, they were dealt with appropriately and swiftly. (And the police was present rather quickly, too.)

Well done and thumbs up.

tiny tiny edit: Dispite the logo's potential to mislead, please don't disallow the Sefurity 'official furry spotter' gear, a bunch of us have the t-shirts and even jackets with the logo on it. ;D
tiny tiny edit #2: German cops look funny.

It's a Gyroplast #18 with upgraded battery life.

« Last Edit: 07.09.2010, 02:56:01 by Vixus »

Tsanawo

• Stage Tech
  • Stage Team
  • Silly Raccoon
    • DutchPaw
Re: EF Sweet Sixteen's security staff.
« Reply #1 on: 07.09.2010, 03:36:49 »

tiny tiny edit: Dispite the logo's potential to mislead, please don't disallow the Sefurity 'official furry spotter' gear, a bunch of us have the t-shirts and even jackets with the logo on it.  ;D
Were there problems with the shirts/jackets this year? Since we didn't have any problem at all the past years. (Just wondering why it's mentioned?).
If all the world’s a stage… I want better lighting!

Vixus

• Beep Boop!
« Reply #2 on: 07.09.2010, 05:14:47 »

tiny tiny edit: Dispite the logo's potential to mislead, please don't disallow the Sefurity 'official furry spotter' gear, a bunch of us have the t-shirts and even jackets with the logo on it.  ;D
Were there problems with the shirts/jackets this year? Since we didn't have any problem at all the past years. (Just wondering why it's mentioned?).

Y'should best ask okill about that one  ;)

Amaru

« Reply #3 on: 17.09.2010, 22:28:38 »

I actually wanted to say how brilliant they were - I have to say I was really very impressed.

They were great when a random fur had a bit too much to drink and was literally falling over, about 4 of them all came over and helped him all the way to his room, keeping him safe. Also on the sunday night they were just fantastic when there was trouble, they acted incredibly swiftly and dealt with it all perfectly.
Also Code's a really lovely guy xD

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #4 on: 18.09.2010, 09:34:50 »

ALL the security staff have been amazing. I should know, I was the one who called them on SUnday night, and LITERALLY within 10 secs (I swear, it was actually only 10 sec, I have no idea how the HELL they did that) I saw 8-10 people all in black run through the lobby. I won't go into any more details, only mention that this is not the first time I have seen them deal with extremely annoying, face-punch inviting and potentially quite dangerous situations/people in as polite a manner as possible (sometimes people just need to eat tarmac yanno?).

You guys make the difference between a big party gone horribly wrong and an amazing furcon where everyone is simply having fun and good times. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you guys ROCK!

Also, a big thank you to the medics who were there when needed (although the one on Sunday night had a hard time doing his job, my sincere apologies for that). They also belong to the people you don't see unless really needed, but when it IS needed, they are there in an instant and act really professional as well.

And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #5 on: 18.09.2010, 13:31:19 »

ALL the security staff have been amazing. I should know, I was the one who called them on SUnday night, and LITERALLY within 10 secs (I swear, it was actually only 10 sec, I have no idea how the HELL they did that) I saw 8-10 people all in black run through the lobby. I won't go into any more details, only mention that this is not the first time I have seen them deal with extremely annoying, face-punch inviting and potentially quite dangerous situations/people in as polite a manner as possible (sometimes people just need to eat tarmac yanno?).

You guys make the difference between a big party gone horribly wrong and an amazing furcon where everyone is simply having fun and good times. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you guys ROCK!

Also, a big thank you to the medics who were there when needed (although the one on Sunday night had a hard time doing his job, my sincere apologies for that). They also belong to the people you don't see unless really needed, but when it IS needed, they are there in an instant and act really professional as well.

In the name of the whole eurofurence security team I thank you for your kind words. It is always a pleasure to be of service for our culture and for eurofurence.

Wild-Wolf

• Aloha
    • Wild-Wolf Online
« Reply #6 on: 18.09.2010, 13:44:56 »

Yes I just have to say:

;D

Basil Lion

• Fursuit support
    • WUFF
« Reply #7 on: 28.09.2010, 00:04:50 »

Really, guys, you did an amazing job to keep everything under control.
Seamlessly. Efficiently. Politely.
Thank you for your hard work, so we all could just have fun and enjoy the con. :)

[skype: basil_lion] [telegram: basil_lion] [twitter: basil_lion]

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #8 on: 28.09.2010, 01:00:34 »

Again, thank you very much. We are glad that our service was so well received. We hope we'll see all of you again next year. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up