Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Supersponsor  (Read 19288 times)

Dhary Montecore

Re: Supersponsor
« Reply #15 on: 03.02.2011, 12:36:44 »

Yes, but it costs money that not everyone has to give, or you forgot that point?

Gyroplast is right here. If you don't got the money for a supersponsor-upgrade I too think that you wouldn't have the money for a On-site-commission by a high-class artist. And if you're just not willing to support others to get that advantage, you have to wait for later. Period.

Some artist don't offer online commissions (first example that comes to mind is Tani).

It was suggested getting in contact with the artist. That can be done by multiple ways. Not taking online commissions for example does not mean that you can't ask nicely via e-mail/PM/younameit.

Seriously: This discussion leads nowhere.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: Supersponsor
« Reply #16 on: 03.02.2011, 12:58:58 »

I second what dhary says. I don't see the discussion going anywhere. We will not be able to come to any final conclusion this way.

I can see that both sides have some good points, and I personally see myself leaning towards Gyroplast's point of view. I believe this is not REALLY a financial problem but rather a psychological effect. Sponsorship is how we finance a large part of the convention after all, so it's not like there is no significant return for all the non-sponsors. It's just not as obviously visible. Whether this effect outweights the overall benefits of making super-sponsorship appropriately super-attractive is a rather philosophical question that I would like to discuss with my fellow board members.

So thank you everybody for your detailed points of view, rest assured you have been heard, and your opinions will be taken into consideration and weighed against the inherent necessities of a big convention and all the other aspects that need to be taken into account. As we all know, it's not possible to make everybody happy.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 03.02.2011, 13:04:39 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up