Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Livestreaming (art)  (Read 9881 times)

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
Livestreaming (art)
« on: 09.01.2012, 15:56:58 »

Hi :)

I was just watching a funny old guy on TV painting a picture and telling funny stories along with it, explaining how he works and how he uses his medium. Really enjoying the way he did so, I got an idea. I don't know if its a good or a bad one but I thought I at least suggest it here.

Maybe it would be possible to get some good artists to paint at EF, while its being livestreamed.
Doesn't matter if digital or traditional. Would be funny (but of course optional) if those artists then also had a microphone and would explain what they are doing or just tell some witty anecdotes.

I don't think this would be something for a stage, but it could be cool for EF Prime.
And since this year there were also some tv's showing EF Prime in the lobby, people could watch it from everywhere. And in the rooms with sound.

What do you think of it?

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: Livestreaming (art)
« Reply #1 on: 09.01.2012, 17:06:21 »

Do you think it's a good idea to rely on a wireless network that covers only the lobby and surrounding areas and is shared by 900+ people?
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
« Reply #2 on: 09.01.2012, 17:13:06 »

But it's somehow possible to stream the other events (like e.g. dance competition) live, too.
So why wouldnt it be possible to do the same with someone drawing or painting?

I have no clue of tech-stuff, maybe I'm mistaken :)
If that's the case and the idea is not realizable, it's okay, was just a suggestion.

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #3 on: 09.01.2012, 17:49:39 »

Thought of live streaming is something as mission-impossible specially on EF.

There was build few public WIFI hotspots, for the EF-attendees and I can say it was pretty much overloaded. And thought of watch low res. youtube impossible.

The internet capacity is just not adequate for so much internet users and time to time connect on some WIFI points was impossible as they reach their capacity.
We had some hustle just to provide some running connection for Panels  but the panellists abandon the idea use it as it was taking to long.

From past experiences it is not possible unless different arrangement is made.   
EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
« Reply #4 on: 09.01.2012, 18:09:57 »

But I never said I want it to happen over Wifi/Youtube/Internet
Maybe then "livestream" was the wrong word for it.

I was more thinking of setting up a camera that would film what the artist is drawing/painting.
or, if its a digital artist then it would somehow be send directly via cable to the tv. (as mentioned above, im not a tech-person, so no clue if thats possible, but i think so)

No Wifi, no internet... still impossible?  :-\
« Last Edit: 09.01.2012, 22:34:57 by Snow-wolf »

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #5 on: 09.01.2012, 19:53:20 »

Could you by chance be thinking of Rolf Harris?

His TV programmes specifically broadcast him drawing and painting some years back. I am not quite sure how this format would work for EF and if it ia at all feasable. Quite a lot of those people interested to see others draw are artists themselves, who would then of course all be gathereing in the Artists Lounge at the same time in the evenings, so I doubt they would be watching a stream there.

TbW
« Last Edit: 09.01.2012, 19:56:01 by Blue_Panther »
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

Kamikaze

• Classy as Cheese!
« Reply #6 on: 09.01.2012, 21:46:30 »

You should talk to BBF. He's responsable for EF Prime :3

I think that's a nice idea ^^
Nothing to read here...

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: 09.01.2012, 22:01:15 »

I think it could be fun if it would be a little "picture in picture" overlaid over the actual TV programme. On the other hand, with the twitter feed and all, we'd be looking more and more like VIVA2 when it launched :)
yours,

Cheetah

Pan Hesekiel Shiroi

• Charity Liason
  • Pawpet Show
    • Pan Hesekiel Shiroi - Website
« Reply #8 on: 10.01.2012, 10:14:10 »

Hm ... sounds like Bob Ross to me ...
But all in all it's a pretty interesting idea. But I really do advise you to ask someone who's a rather fast painter, otherwise it might get boring for a lot of people after 5 or 10 minutes. :)

Snow-wolf

• Con Book
« Reply #9 on: 10.01.2012, 19:32:35 »

Nope it was not Rolf Harris. I checked and the name of the man is Gary Jenkins :)

@BP: you actually really got a point there :/ Prolly most people interested in watching it would be artists themselves.. unless its REALLY a popular artist. And you could be also right that most of those artistic people will be at the Artist's Lounge in the evening...
But maybe it's possible to not have it that late but put it somewhere as "filler".
Or, which i dont think be possible I guess, set up a tv in the artists lounge... so the people who are anyway there for art can watch it.

Maybe that "live"stream wouldnt even have to be "live" ^^"" but prerecordet.. but well.. i guess that's a bit against the original idea of the whole thing.

@Pan: Yes, if its really livestreamed then, if would have to be someone who is able to draw fast and still create something very impressive :/
Maybe it would be even possible to put that picture to charity then? But yeah well.. then it would have to be someone pretty famous ^^"

@Cheetah: the picture in picture thingy could be a funny idea :P
it would allow the streaming to happen during daytime and not in the evening.

@Kamikaze: In case the idea gets some positive feedback I would poke BBF :)

Pan Hesekiel Shiroi

• Charity Liason
  • Pawpet Show
    • Pan Hesekiel Shiroi - Website
« Reply #10 on: 11.01.2012, 10:07:59 »

You want someone popular, fast and good ... well, why not asking Tani? I'm sure a lot of people would love to see that. Though, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure that she will be busy like hell at EF.
If it wasn't a live stream, that would solve quite a few problems ... but like you said, that would probably be against the original idea of the whole thing ...

White_Dragon

• ConOps Office Manager
  • ConOps
  • Cuddly Dwaggy , Free hugs
« Reply #11 on: 11.01.2012, 12:35:06 »

I think you your idea would work and it is interesting thought as the art thing, mybe can be like picture in picture with full screen cut in on progress if it would take longer time.

On EF would be many good artists, but lets say you would need to know who is attending the con to locate them and then convince or make arrangement for them to stream  the art.
I think most of them would be quite busy in dealers den, but in evening some of them sit in Artist lounche, where I believe could be a space for record their painting.

In another suggestion is digital artist they could use screen recording software what would be much simple and multiple artist can contribute, and it can be pre-recorded before EF (refering to art in Auction or Art Galerry), what might be wining ticked for EF Prime as if I remember from past BBF had pre-recorded whole sections. There just too many demands to TV team and not mention Con-Ops are the most demanding customer trying you keep inform about changes and important announcements.       
EF ConOps only place where " Dragons " rule , you find " solution " to your problems and  you got " eaten " for disobedience.  :)

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces
« Reply #12 on: 11.01.2012, 12:36:02 »

@BP: you actually really got a point there :/ Prolly most people interested in watching it would be artists themselves.. unless its REALLY a popular artist. And you could be also right that most of those artistic people will be at the Artist's Lounge in the evening...
But maybe it's possible to not have it that late but put it somewhere as "filler".
Or, which i dont think be possible I guess, set up a tv in the artists lounge... so the people who are anyway there for art can watch it.

Hmm just a thought: If you go as far as to set up a TV in the Artists Lounge, you could also set up the camera and the table there aswell. Thus you can invite artists to draw for the stream, most of the artists interested to see something of the kind would be there and the whole thing would be in a creative "live from the lounge" setting.

Like I mentioned, just an idea, I can think of quite a few ramifications speaking against such an endeavour such as technical aspects and the need to monitor the stream, heard the artists and stuff :D

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln
Pages: [1]   Go Up