Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF Security needs you!  (Read 8093 times)

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
EF Security needs you!
« on: 03.08.2011, 10:19:09 »

Greetings, dear guests of the greatest Eurofurence yet to come!

I'm sure you're all abuzz and eager to have a jolly good time at this year's Eurofurence, and I'm looking forward to a great time, too!
However, as Chief of Security, I'm not too happy with the amount of volunteers for security duty this year. Some long-term members of security cannot attend this year, or moved on to other staff positions (TRAITORS! You'll rue the day! ;D), so we're lacking some manpower this year, which makes me uncomfortable.

To avoid sharing the same workload on less people, I'd like YOU to consider becoming a member of the security team this year, and apply here: http://ef.vulpines.de/

Why you would do that? To help, of course! Running Eurofurence for the amusement of 1000+ furs is a project needing literally dozens of volunteers, with most of them working months ahead of the convention to make sure you and your friends will be having a blast. Of course there's nothing wrong with just having fun at EF, especially if it's your first, but if you're a seasoned convention goer with a few hours to spare, please consider giving something back to the fandom through some volunteer work!

What we're looking for is, first and foremost, reliability, politeness and social competence, with a working knowledge of the english language. EF Security is no paramilitary force, we're a team of helpers, who make sure our rules of conduct are followed and our guests have someone to go to if they have any trouble, for example in cases of medical emergencies. An important part of the job is guarding various places like the Dealers' Den and Art Show, as well as ordering queues and ushering our guests into the stage events. Nobody wants chaotic queues, stolen or damaged artwork or nobody to talk to if you get hurt!

Being in the security team is also a nice way to get a glimpse at what staffing is like on Eurofurence, without the huge commitment; All we're asking you for is to do at least 4-6 hours of scheduled guard duty during the whole convention (not per day!), usually one hour at a time in small teams of 2-5 security members, and just keep your eyes open and be available for guests during the rest of the time. As it's pretty late now, we won't be able to mention you in the conbook credits anymore, but trust me... it's a valuable experience! We make sure to the best of our ability that the guard schedule won't collide too much with any panels or events you'll want to see, too.

Well now! If you're reliable, keep your calm and are generally a nice person, please apply as soon as possible, and help us out here. You might even find out there's a lot of fun to be had behind the scenes.

Please apply here: http://ef.vulpines.de/

Thank you for your attention!
  Gyroplast
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up