Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restaurants et all feedback  (Read 22221 times)

MOW

• Registration
Re: Restaurants et all feedback
« Reply #15 on: 28.08.2011, 07:12:09 »

In Germany those people that order "Jägerschnitzel" where ever they are in the world are a running gag. They will never experience some real gastronomical highlights ;-)

Interesting choice of example, as a "Jägerschnitzel" is a fried and battered slice of "Jagdwurst" by GDR tradition. You could get one for €1,20, on a bun, opposite the Kaufland cash registers.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #16 on: 28.08.2011, 14:50:09 »

I have a favour to ask you all.

Several attendees came up to me and said that there was a bar nearby that had a Pinky's [something] on their drinks card. Sadly I didn't have time to try it this year, but next year I will make a point of going there and sampling this no doubt divine beverage (TOTALLY not biased here  ;) ). Could someone tell me the name and location of that bar? I'd be very grateful for that, thanks!  :)
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #17 on: 28.08.2011, 19:57:07 »

I really prefurred the little shop next to the Kaufland in the mall for it's amazingly cheap breakfast! (3,50 for a complete start of the day!) Good quality noms there!!!  #p
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #18 on: 29.08.2011, 00:06:34 »

House of Steaks - first night we went here and it was jam packed. The server sat us outside, behind a wall and round the corner and promptly forgot about us (out of sight, out of mind). We left and went elsewhere.

Same thing happened there on sunday. Me and 7 other furries went there and server sat us outside. We left after about 25-30 minutes, without having even menus brought to us. During this time we went twice inside to ask some service, so they definitely couldn't forget us :(

Cookie

« Reply #19 on: 02.09.2011, 17:08:34 »

The last day we had a quick lunch at "Alex", before taking the road back.

Cheeseburger was brilliant and the ice coffee too.. service was nice with the waitress getting all blushy because of her lack of proper english (she sill did very well according to me)

With the frenchies i also went to the pizzeria near the hotel. Service was not bad but not extraordinary, and they gave us the 10% advertised in the conbook.Pizza was good, if unexpensive (none was over 9 euros).
The only thing is what they dare to call red wine there... it was almost sparkling and tasted more of a soda than proper wine (i don't drink wine often, but THAT was not wine), with a weird vinegar aftertaste... Really dreadful (and also even one of the most "alcohol-used" of the frenchies felt faint after half a glass.. what the heck was that?)

Yuk..
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #20 on: 02.09.2011, 20:12:21 »

Well I'm no oenologist, but it seems to me the wine had fermented and was too old.
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

MOW

• Registration
« Reply #21 on: 02.09.2011, 22:56:52 »

Well I'm no oenologist, but it seems to me the wine had fermented and was too old.

Or the wine was still fermenting and in progress. Sounds more like Federweisser.

MartinRJ

• Forum Virtuelle Welten
« Reply #22 on: 03.09.2011, 09:23:05 »

In Germany those people that order "Jägerschnitzel" where ever they are in the world are a running gag. They will never experience some real gastronomical highlights ;-)

Interesting choice of example, as a "Jägerschnitzel" is a fried and battered slice of "Jagdwurst" by GDR tradition. You could get one for €1,20, on a bun, opposite the Kaufland cash registers.

Jägerschnitzel is a veal cutlet with creamed mushroom sauce. The sausage-variation ('Jagdwurst') is only a local speciality in some German regions. Everywhere else in the world, Jägerschnitzel is a cutlet, also known as "Escalope à la chasseur": http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/15902/escalope-chasseur--j-gerschnitzel-.aspx

MartinRJ

• Forum Virtuelle Welten
« Reply #23 on: 03.09.2011, 09:31:32 »

I loved the "Asia Lounge" near Hasselbachplatz. They had the most exclusive asian food I ever tried, at quite 'normal' prices.
http://www.sushifreunde.de/index.php?city=magdeburg

nobs

• the wolf of the tigress team
    • tigress
« Reply #24 on: 04.09.2011, 16:20:56 »

The only thing is what they dare to call red wine there... it was almost sparkling and tasted more of a soda than proper wine (i don't drink wine often, but THAT was not wine), with a weird vinegar aftertaste... Really dreadful (and also even one of the most "alcohol-used" of the frenchies felt faint after half a glass.. what the heck was that?)

Lambrusco is a little sparkling also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambrusco 

But even that should not have a "vinegar aftertaste".
just an average con goer

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #25 on: 06.09.2011, 02:47:58 »

At this EF I found some free time to try some more restaurants around the Hotel.

Asian Restaurant "Qilin": The prices are affordable and the food is excellent! I tried soups, rice menues and Sushi and the quality was always high and the food fresh. Sadly, the place seems to be crowded all the time and you should at least plan on staying for 90-120 minutes because you likely have to wait 45+ minutes for your order to arrive. Especially Sushi.

Italian restaurant "La Piazza": I love that place! It was around 23:30 when I was visiting this restaurant with two friends of mine and they were about to close. After asking they were okay with staying open for about an hour and we even got all the food we wanted, too. The waiter was fun and the food was awesome and affordable as well.

Asian Fast Food Shack accross the street (in the mall): The food is okay but with 5 EUR for a standard menue quite expensive. But you get you belly filled in no time. Saved my *** once when I was ALL hungry but had no time for a restaurant.

Greek Restaurant "Asteria": Nothing to complain or praise. Prices are average and they serve fast.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Raider

« Reply #26 on: 06.09.2011, 13:56:14 »

Qilin: We got our food after about 20 minutes. It was the best curry I've ever had, affordable too. The staff seems a bit unfriendly, but I guess they were pretty stressed considering the place was packed.

Alex: The food is good, we went there for the breakfast buffet and the next day for lunch. Their non-alcoholic drinks are tasty, but stay away from the cocktails. We ordered three different cocktails one evening in the price range from 7 to 9 € and they all tasted ... meh and were really soft.

The Fan: The food is very good, altough the servings could have been a bit bigger. One waiter had to handle all of the tables outside, but still jokes around a bit while taking your order and was generally very friendly.

Cocktailbar "One": This is the place to go to when you want to get drunk. They're cheaper than the Piano Bar and their drinks taste quite good. Be sure to try out their "Pay 5€ to roll a die and get a drink ranging from water to a Super-Deluxe-XXL-Cocktail"-offer, we all got somewhat lucky ;)

Cookie

« Reply #27 on: 06.09.2011, 21:55:57 »

Lambrusco is a little sparkling also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambrusco 

But even that should not have a "vinegar aftertaste".

I know about sparkling wine and this one was not _supposed_ to be sparkling at all...
Just yukkkk
"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up