Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NOES!! My conbook!!  (Read 13558 times)

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
NOES!! My conbook!!
« on: 22.08.2011, 19:21:54 »

When I unpacked my suitcase at home I discovered to my HORROR that my conbook has vanished without a trace!!! (and I looked, trust me) How can I order a new one of 2011? Or ain't that possible?
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
Re: NOES!! My conbook!!
« Reply #1 on: 23.08.2011, 03:40:30 »

I'm afraid at the moment, that's not possible. But we're working on getting our merchandise into an online shop.
yours,

Cheetah

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #2 on: 24.08.2011, 00:12:17 »

Because I get damaged/lost conbook PMs each year I have some "spare ones" ready at hand.. I can send you one, if you like (and if no one from the board members minds).
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Schneelocke

« Reply #3 on: 24.08.2011, 01:48:02 »

Because I get damaged/lost conbook PMs each year I have some "spare ones" ready at hand.. I can send you one, if you like (and if no one from the board members minds).

Hey, that's really cool. :) Just out of curiosity, do you have any old ones (EF4 and earlier)? I'd love to complete my collection. ;)

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #4 on: 24.08.2011, 02:23:45 »

Hey, that's really cool. :) Just out of curiosity, do you have any old ones (EF4 and earlier)? I'd love to complete my collection. ;)

Like Cairyn, the Person in charge for the conbook, said in the opening ceremony: the EF17 cookbook is the 10th one. That means there is no "EF 4" one :)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #5 on: 24.08.2011, 09:32:31 »

Yes I do!! You are a LIFESAVER! I've sended you a PM with my address in it!
« Last Edit: 24.08.2011, 09:35:33 by SunWolf »

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #6 on: 24.08.2011, 10:23:51 »

Like Cairyn, the Person in charge for the conbook, said in the opening ceremony: the EF17 cookbook is the 10th one. That means there is no "EF 4" one :)

Small correction: I said it's my 10th con book (EF8 to EF17). It's a purely personal anniversary; there have been other editors before.

My personal collection goes back to the EF3 con book; I'm not sure whether EF2 had one. EF1 didn't.

Schneelocke

« Reply #7 on: 24.08.2011, 10:30:39 »

I'm pretty sure there were earlier conbooks, given that I have all the ones going back to EF5 sitting right here. ;)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 24.08.2011, 14:10:29 »

The first con book was indeed the one of EF3. It mostly consisted of the video show programme, though ... because there was not much programming going on at all at the earlier cons :) I still remember doing it in PageStream on my trusty Amiga, printing it out, copying it at the copyshop and binding every single issue by hand (around 50 copies I think). Maybe I'll scan it one day :)
yours,

Cheetah

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #9 on: 25.08.2011, 11:10:52 »

Small correction: I said it's my 10th con book (EF8 to EF17). It's a purely personal anniversary; there have been other editors before.

My personal collection goes back to the EF3 con book; I'm not sure whether EF2 had one. EF1 didn't.

Oh! My bad, sorry then :)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Quincy the Raccoon

« Reply #10 on: 25.08.2011, 11:12:34 »

Oh! My bad, sorry then :)
You read my pm?

Schneelocke

« Reply #11 on: 25.08.2011, 21:39:14 »

The first con book was indeed the one of EF3. It mostly consisted of the video show programme, though ... because there was not much programming going on at all at the earlier cons :) I still remember doing it in PageStream on my trusty Amiga, printing it out, copying it at the copyshop and binding every single issue by hand (around 50 copies I think). Maybe I'll scan it one day :)

You wouldn't happen to have any copies of the EF3 and EF4 conbooks still lying around, would you? You'd win my eternal gratitude if I could somehow get copies of these... ^_^

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #12 on: 26.08.2011, 03:22:04 »

You read my pm?

I did but I don't hit F5 every 5 Minutes but read PMs likely "just" twice a day.

You wouldn't happen to have any copies of the EF3 and EF4 conbooks still lying around, would you? You'd win my eternal gratitude if I could somehow get copies of these... ^_^

None that are free to give away or for sale.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #13 on: 26.08.2011, 21:36:24 »

How interesting! It would indeed be good to have scans/electronic copies of all the earlier conbooks, just for documentation purposes and to assure against damages that could destroy whatever existing copies there might be forever. This is part of the very cool history of our convention!  :) Besides, I bet I'm not the only one dying of curiousity (how cat-like!) about the earlier cons.

So pretty please *puppy eyes* some day when you have time (and this isn't urgent at all) a scan would be super-awesome. Thank youuuuu!
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #14 on: 29.08.2011, 16:46:54 »

The problem is that for years we had RL Names for staff and sponsors in the con book, which means we should not post them online, really. Same goes for the art people contributed. That was all for a limited print, never for digital distribution, so we might need to ask all artists, etc.

For these reasons I think we won't see a conbook archive anytime soon, unfortunately.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up