Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dark Culture Music  (Read 25053 times)

Sinea

Re: Dark Culture Music
« Reply #15 on: 25.08.2011, 15:56:45 »

And could it work if we play open-source-Music???
There is also a handfull good and FREE Music! Without GEMA etc.

Okay it would be not your favourite artist but that kinda Music also Rock!

Nesias

« Reply #16 on: 25.08.2011, 16:19:07 »

Okay as far as i got it only NON GEMA music... should be working for me o.O . Even some of the popular bands arn´t listet at GEMA ( correct me if im wrong).

EDIT : is was testing some bands on an gema site but after that i checked one of my cd´s and there was an big GEMA logo on it
looks like the site isn´t correct
« Last Edit: 25.08.2011, 16:21:43 by Nesias »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #17 on: 25.08.2011, 17:31:42 »

EDIT : is was testing some bands on an gema site but after that i checked one of my cd´s and there was an big GEMA logo on it

A musical work usually has multiple copyright holders: composers, lyricists, performers, arrangers and music sheet artists. While some of them are represented by other royalty collecting associations, the GEMA handles the invoice for for public performances for all. They also have contracts with similar organizations in other countries to collect the royalties in Germany from them.

If you want to play music not licensed by the GEMA you have to prove that absolutely none of their rights are violated. Not them. Even if the author claims that everything is CC-BY-SA or something. And you will be held liable if this is not the case. Also, a GEMA member has to license all of his past, current and future work to the GEMA. No exceptions.

Furthermore, all audio CDs produced in Germany are registered by the GEMA. Even those not licensed (directly or indirectly) to them.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Nesias

« Reply #18 on: 26.08.2011, 22:46:38 »

O'wolf i know that GEMA will say that all music is Gema music, but there has to be a possibilty to find out which Music isnt gema and which is. -.- but the Gemawebsite for this is just a piece of s***
« Last Edit: 03.02.2012, 23:08:16 by Nesias »

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #19 on: 13.07.2012, 23:19:02 »

Sounds interesting, any update on this I`d love to have some industrial music.
I could get a hold of some open sorce music if that`d help.
How about black metal? doesn`t get any darker than that.
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Nesias

« Reply #20 on: 14.07.2012, 01:40:59 »

Sounds interesting, any update on this I`d love to have some industrial music.
I could get a hold of some open sorce music if that`d help.
How about black metal? doesn`t get any darker than that.

There is no really update to this.
Fact is there are some reasons i will NOT do this. (and even nobody else will do it in the near future)
One is that it is to late for it now. The time you would need to arrange ANYTHING would be a bit short.

Another one would be GEMA itself, even if all of your music is open source, GEMA still could claim that
they protect at least ONE of that song and send us a f*cking huge bill.
At this point we have to send them a full list of any songs that were played (Artist name, title, etc. even who composed it could be needed)(something we maybe already have done at that time!) just to prove that they are wrong, while GEMA at the other side will remember us many times "you guys have to pay or we will sue you".
And it is also known in Germany that GEMA sometimes tend to ignore your evidence even if they prove anything you are saying in hope you will just pay the bill.

The last reason (or at least the last one i will wrote down) is, that it could effect EF too.
Again GEMA would be the one who is to charge. They could say "Oh this nice little dance is a part of the EF thing, and because you leid we want more money form EF."
Which could end in something that no one of us wants to thing about.
« Last Edit: 14.07.2012, 01:45:09 by Nesias »

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #21 on: 06.08.2012, 22:19:18 »

You know what, fuck this shit, let`s just host our own room party.
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #22 on: 07.08.2012, 11:53:28 »

all the music i have with me is under STIM protection (Swedish version of GEMA i suppose)
i got Lounge, House in various forms, Trance, Eurodance (Hands Up), Hardstyle, Hardcore (both Gabber and UK/Happy), Dubstep, Drum 'n' Bass and Psytrance.

since i work at NELite Music AB and we pay STIM licencing fees for the tracks i think i could be of SOME service atleast...
but i might be wrong. do correct me if i am :3

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer
« Reply #23 on: 07.08.2012, 12:27:21 »

It doesn't matter if they are licensed in other countries... for the same reason that YouTube in Germany cannot play lots of content due to the licensing with the GEMA, even though Youtube _is_ licensed with other companies, in other countries, for the same reason.

For EF, to my knowledge, the only room where we are licensed is the main stage, and even there we need to keep track of each artist, each song, and attendance numbers to report back to GEMA afterwards, and we will get billed accordingly. I think for the bar the hotel has some kind of agreement, too, so that's another OK area.

As you can imagine, that's quite the pain.. and for that reason, it's really tricky, with a tendency towards impossible, to have any other events that contain music, at least not as part of the official programme.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: 07.08.2012, 16:27:22 »

We have two rooms covered, and that's the bar and the main ballroom. We don't have a license to play music outside those two rooms. Sorry.
yours,

Cheetah

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #25 on: 08.08.2012, 13:20:00 »

thank you for clearing that up guys :3

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #26 on: 08.08.2012, 19:38:34 »

You know what, fuck this shit, let`s just host our own room party.

This.
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up