Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Photoshoot  (Read 7968 times)

Cookie

Photoshoot
« on: 23.08.2011, 10:30:42 »

I've had the chance of managing to get a spot for this year photoshoot and i must say that i cannot wait to see the result..

So what i'm about to say is not for me (as i got what i wanted) but more for all the others who didn't managed to grab a spot this year.

Saturday, i was first in line to get a spot (was standing there for 45 minutes to wait, before the opening, just to be sure), i was quite surprised to see that already at least 10 people were registered on that day (and that BEFORE registration was open)... When i asked i was told thart they were from the staff... :o

In every con i've been to (Sci-fi, anime and others), staff members always have timetables for photoshoot (with the actors for instance) who are independant from the "public" ones, so they don't prevent public for being able to get a spot..

Wouldn't it be possible for the staff to get their photoshoot done before or after the "normal people" hours? or even before the start of the con (thursday or friday before the con starts)?

That would be more "fair"..:)

That said, really good job done by the photographers:) I can't wait :)

"He's nice your uh ... uh.. squirrel?" said a guy talking about my ... ferret !

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
Re: Photoshoot
« Reply #1 on: 23.08.2011, 11:03:32 »

Not that I am part of the Fursuit-Photo-Crew, so just a few thoughts from my side to it:
  • before or after the "normal hours"? And how long do these guys work every day? When do they sleep? Get something from the con? This goes for "normal staff" as well as the photo crew.
  • before or after the con? and the photo crew and other staffers take extra days of holidays (including extra stay at the hotel)?

So yes, I find that it is perfectly fair, that some of those available slots are reserved for staffers, who work a lot at and before (and after) the con to make it happen at all. (The con and the photo-shooting). For some of them its hard to find the time to attend to the shooting, let alone wait for registration...

That said, knowing the routine from last years, it will take a few weeks until the (wild guess) 4.000 images are sorted and processed. So please be patient for a change.

(If that post sounds a bit rude, it might be due to the fact, that I was a bit annoiyed by those proposals)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Dragony

• Time Lord
« Reply #2 on: 23.08.2011, 11:14:43 »

Wouldn't it be possible for the staff to get their photoshoot done before or after the "normal people" hours? or even before the start of the con (thursday or friday before the con starts)?

That would be more "fair"..:)

That said, really good job done by the photographers:) I can't wait :)

Hi Cookie,

No, that isn't possible, because on that days, we are already build our fotoshooting set. All this cost enough of our time.

And sorry... after the normal fotoshooting, which takes more than 4 hours at three days, Thalian and all the other helping guys and girls would be really happy if its ending. The 4 hours of fotoshooting is a very hard job, believe me. So we guys were so happy, when it's over.
And we also were not in that mood to miss all that nice shows in the evening, after our closing time. We had no chance to do any workshops at the Con, because the shooting and any other roundtables overlap. So please be kind and realistic in your wishes.

Fotoshooting is a hard job, sometimes without any braking time. So please don't ask about any longer time.

Thank you.
"State your name, rank and intention!" - "The Doctor, Doctor,... fun..."

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #3 on: 23.08.2011, 23:47:05 »

I have seen the photoshoot guy (sorry I am bad with names. I remember you face and posture very well.) on one of the last days. And he was dead dead tired. The last time I have seen someone look that exhausted was in a hospital. I mean it, he has been up and over to do as much photo shooting he could.

Sorry if I step out of line here. But I feel the guy deserves more credit for his hard work.

CleanerWolf

• Camera Crew
  • Video Team
  • Lupine furry freak
« Reply #4 on: 24.08.2011, 01:22:02 »

I have seen the photoshoot guy (sorry I am bad with names. I remember you face and posture very well.) on one of the last days. And he was dead dead tired. The last time I have seen someone look that exhausted was in a hospital. I mean it, he has been up and over to do as much photo shooting he could.

Sorry if I step out of line here. But I feel the guy deserves more credit for his hard work.
His name is Thalian. Everybody be patient. Processing hundreds of photos takes some time if you want to do it right. I am sure, you will be very pleased about the result  :)
Furry conventions are like light bubbles in a dark ocean.

Tarangryph

« Reply #5 on: 24.08.2011, 08:10:09 »

I was in the photoshoot with the other Clockwork Creature Studio creations this year; I didn't book the time slot myself so I have no idea how long we waited or how difficult it was to book us, but I do know we had to be in really good time to secure a spot.

It was towards the end of the Saturday photoshoot, so I know Thalian and his helpers must have had a punishingly long day (and long convention!) already. Even so, their helpfulness and attention to details amazed me. This was my first photoshoot (lots of firsts for me this year: first convention, first fursuiting, and also first photoshoot in 'suit) - I was late to the shoot, came down all rushed and with only one contact lens in (making me effectively blind), and not only did the photo staff wait patiently for me AND DID NOT SAY A SINGLE WORD OF REPROACH for which I am endlessly grateful, but they also helped me find my spot when I couldn't see and pose in the right way. And after the group shot, they even did an all-girls and all-monsters shot!

That is really amazing service, and it turned a stressful situation with me all rushed and frustrated into a very positive experience with my fellow Clockwork Creatures. I am looking very much forward to seeing the photos, and want to thank Thalian and his crew for their awesomeness in doing all of this for us. It was a very good experience for me and another high point of a perfect first EF. Thank you, guys, you're awesome. :D

~Taran.

Pegasus

• crazy fliying Shire Horse
« Reply #6 on: 24.08.2011, 14:11:43 »

sorry for my baaaad english :

I'm one of the guys, who helped Thalian. I made some of the props, I helped on the set, and  I worked all day at the registry.

it was....

....a lot of fun to make the photoshooting with all awesome guys,

....a lot of work, before the convention and on the convention,

... a lot of stress to answer all the questions, "why all slots are full?" "why no more slots?" etc.

At saturday evening, everyone of the PhotoShootingCrew was VEEEEEEERRRYYYY exhausted.

Pegasus

Cookie

« Reply #7 on: 24.08.2011, 16:04:57 »

Ok, nevermind then :)

And yes as i said, thank you for your awesome work!

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #8 on: 24.08.2011, 20:05:29 »

I am a staffer, and it was not my first EF... it was my (lemme count) my ninth EF. And it was my very first regular photoshooting (got one two years ago being surprised by the photo team ;D ).
If Peggy wouldn`t have been so nice and would have given us the slots during a time all five suiters (three of them oncon staff) had some spare time we would never ever got one. Cause every time Peggy opend the registry we had to work to make this con the way it was. We were five people with three slots in total - you were alone and got your full 10 minutes. You might see that we got two slots less than we could have gotten so that two other guys could get one.
Does that make us the bad guys now???

Cookie

« Reply #9 on: 24.08.2011, 22:01:41 »

Never said that....

Wathever, i see your point, forget about it. :)

See ya next year!
Pages: [1]   Go Up