Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback from EF17  (Read 53914 times)

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
Re: Feedback from EF17
« Reply #30 on: 24.08.2011, 19:32:20 »

As Cheetah already said, the hotel can not do a lot about the prices.
They already have two special cocktails for 7,50 and the beer and coffee prices are lower for us.

Here is the problem, if they lower the cocktail prices for us their other costumers will find out somehow, then they want that too.
And the prices are ok for a four star hotel in a bigger city in germany.

Just have a drink or two in your room or in one of the other bars around and then come back to the piano bar to meet other friends and have maybe one nice cocktail, that way its not getting too expensive.

If you enjoy a good drink and its not just about getting drunk the piano bar has a very very good selection on spirits and the cocktails are made really well and with good high class ingredients.

Arcarno

« Reply #31 on: 24.08.2011, 19:40:21 »

Well, what can I say...I had a blast :) EF17 was a very sweet revival after like 10 years of absence from such a big event. Since my last EF (8), things really have changed a lot, most notably the sheer mass of people now attending the con. Also the location of a Maritim Hotel can't be compared anymore to the youth hostels of the past ;) I really like what EF has become, so thanks to all the people who made this possible. I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into a project like this, so let me just say: my deepest respect to the staff who managed to pull this off without getting a nervous breakdown :D

I could name some minor inconveniences now but to be honest, I was having so much fun partying and meeting new people and old friends, that all the little things that bugged me kinda fade into the void. And if the intensity of my current PCD is any indication, I'd say this was the most awesome EF ever :)
Really gonna miss you guys and hopefully seeing you at EF 18 again!

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #32 on: 24.08.2011, 20:38:11 »

EF seems so far away and yet not over... strange feeling at all.

I wanted to write some feedback so badly but I don't know what I should write about.
I didn't see one of the shows (we were a tiny little late for Bitter Lake what botherd me a lot). Pawpet show works best when I'm not in the audience (something I don't explain again. XD ). And the dance contest I could't see cause I was busy being so f***ing nervous while waiting in the suiters lounge trying to cool down a little... x)

Erm yah. I didn't even had the time to walk through the artshow seeing the art. I just rushed through once.

Things I can talk about was Dealers Den. Yap. It became my little baby. x)
I think it was much comfier and much more relaxed than last year. The two rooms were big step in the right direction. I got some ideas to improve the whole concept for next year.
The security mad a great job by letting the right amount of people in. There weren't any stress at the doors and everything went smooth and peaceful.

The security made an awesome job in general! I love you guys, but you know that!

I know how hard all the people work before con even started and how much the whole crew do to get everything in the right flow. And it gets better and better with every year. A big applause and a huge thank you to all the guys making this event happen. Without you it wouldn't have been that great.

The hotel staff was nice and friendly and the cleaning ladies did a great job. The hotel was way more comfee and inviting than last year and the whole atmosphere was all in all very relaxing.

davuu

• rawr
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #33 on: 24.08.2011, 20:44:51 »

my feedback on the bar, was that they were amazing.

The prices may have been high but we came in expecting that, its the same if you go to London(UK people will know about cost of cocktails at meets) its as others said a 4 star hotel. 

If you wanted to save some money you could go to the supermarket over the road and pick up lots of things, have a few drinks in your room.with friends and then come down to the bar?  The staff despite being run off their feet constantly were always happy and always friendly, I didnt mind waiting for my drinks as you could clearly see they were busy, and often they gave us a bowl of crisps to eat in the mean time, and sometimes reduced the price of our drinks without us asking.  We normally tipped them as they did a good job, and Codewolf did a whip round for them as a thankyou.

I was happy with everything, I think considering how busy the hotel was they did a fantastic job and put up with alot of stuff so well done to them:)

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #34 on: 24.08.2011, 22:29:40 »

I bow my head to all the staff that made EF 17 possible. Thank you for your outstanding commitment! I enjoyed every minute, and will surely come back next year. :)

Only one small point of criticism: Not beeing able to get on some events after they started, bothered me a bit. Saying that, what I disliked about it is that in the previous years, you could enter late. I did not know that you changed that fact this year. Those kind of changes should be announced  :)   

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
« Reply #35 on: 24.08.2011, 23:40:29 »

at first i have one thing

Why is the Groupfotoshot on the Last Day so early in the morning, mostly all people looked like they was up for 6 Days, and some not only looked like this...  :P And much was still sleeping.. woulnd it be better to make it on the second day, instead of the last?

yagfox

« Reply #36 on: 25.08.2011, 00:41:21 »

Just want to say.

Best guest of honour ever! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Just brilliant, really enjoyed his panels, learnt a lot, and such a lovely guy! :)

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #37 on: 25.08.2011, 03:34:10 »

Hi everybody,

thank you for the EF17. Wholeheartedly. That's it.

Just one question to the staff: are you afraid? of the future I mean? Is there a chart, which puts attendance/ year into a visible line? Does it point to the sky? For how long you & the Maritim will be able to herd the hoards? Just kidding :-) You can't keep me with a club from coming back next year, that's for sure, together with more than 1000 other people....

I wish you sweet dreams...

Ragear

Jaryic

• Stage Director
« Reply #38 on: 25.08.2011, 04:40:49 »

Since I didn't found an appropriate moment during the closing ceremonies to grab the mic, I'll do it on this stage.

I want to thank all my stage team for the incredible hard work they did before, during and after the convention days.
For us from the stage department the con starts Monday with loading and driving to Magdeburg and ends Monday the week after with rolling home and unloading. That's what we refer to as  "damn early arrival and f***ing late departure".
We are the ones who have to be in on every rehearsal, be it early or late and even working extra hours way into the night when something needs to be fixed or reset.

This is my team and these guys Rock!

Credits go to: (in non specific order):

• Darkwing: helping managing the team, for baring with my lighting concepts for the PPS and still smiling when I'm in my "I'm eating little children" mood.
  • Djem: for the most awesome dancelighting ever! Bringing lots of his own equipment and for fixing all the lighting that broke during the convention.
  • Dhary: for his rigging work throughout the con site, setting up the backdrop, organizing additional equipment and designing the lighting in the Lobby.
  • Kamikaze: helping me with audio and solving various microphone issues.
  • Furball: Helping with loading, and taking over audio or lighting when personal was short.
  • Mafundi: Helping me out with more UV and Strobe power for the PawPetShow and also for lightboard work during the dances.
  • King Taibu: For saving my ass on the FSGS and preparing all that nice "ingame music"
  • Tillikum & Reeve: Spending a day with me at the storage moving and packing everything
  • Reesa & Zefiro: hearding all the backstage chaos.
  • Ayun: Head of the loading crew on the logistic-days
  • Ioron: Loading Crew
  • YayYay: Assistance to Mr Dhary  :D
  • Tsanawo: Assistant to Mr Darkwing  :D

And because some of you asked: The disco ball in the lobby was created by a group of people:
  • Jaryic & Nightfox: Idear - inspired by the Setup of "Nature One 2009"
  • Dhary: static calculations and rigging
  • Michael Barowski (rental company): technical conception and equipment
  • Furball: Light Programming

-Jar
« Last Edit: 25.08.2011, 12:37:36 by Jaryic »
Only those that can see which is invisible can do the impossible.

BluePaw

« Reply #39 on: 25.08.2011, 09:58:34 »

oi, my third con! and it deffinitly took it all to whole new levels. and for my part this year was so fun it made last year look like a booring busines meeting.
it was a lot more social this year, and there was more colors on the actual hotel walls. AND there were trash cans put out everywere *thumbs up!*.

one complaint tho was mainly at the first dance in the main hall! the DB were dangerously high even with ear protection and i'm deffinitly still feeling it in my ears even 1 week afterwards... this is quite serious, and you might want to put up some of those electronic sensors that flashes different colors or shows the actual DB-levels. both for the sake of the people in there, and for the DJ.
dancefloor should have a bit more danceable to music, not complaining about the style, just that there seemed to be way to many pauses in the music.

as for the alcohol and food prices, Kauf Land is allways nearby, bread and whatever to have on it, and bottles of alcohol for the price of 1 drink :P and as said, room parties^^

otherwise as said, it was the most fun i've ever had. and if i can, i will most deffinitly go next year again!^^

allso, the dance competition and the kung fur hustle was absolutly wonderful! well planned and had the same feeling as any real sort of TV-show^^
« Last Edit: 25.08.2011, 11:22:12 by BluePaw »

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
« Reply #40 on: 25.08.2011, 17:49:19 »

A couple of points about schedualling: It seemed to be a bit all over the place this year.

In the past members of EF eV have asked me not to submit panel ideas until they ask for them. This year they asked for them about two weeks before the convention book was due to be finalised for printing. This is a very short gap and left little room to ask questions or resolve issues.

I know that some of the room rearrangements were very necessacery this year. I was involved and actually suggested the relocation of Real Furrys One to Bonn due to undesirable overcrowding. But the others were at very short notice, and the notice board advertising them was not in a very prominant place. I tended to walk past the elevators and focus mostly on the huge lobby full of furies, not a patch of glass to my left. Could it be put up somewhere more prominant next year? Possibly several places?

Oh yes, and one other thing...
While there was absolutely nothing wrong with based the convention around Kung Fu this year, in hindsight, dinosaurs would have been an awesome theme too. ;D

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #41 on: 25.08.2011, 18:06:04 »

Urgh, no thanks. I loved the theme. Hope next year will be SciFi. Or actually, 2013 should be SciFi, because by then my suit will be done for sure. :) Nothing would suck as much as being at the stone age themed EF with a space age themed suit. *g*
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Huskyboy

• FC[HuskyFuchs]3a A- C D H++ M- P+ R++ T+++ W Z Sm+
« Reply #42 on: 25.08.2011, 18:23:29 »

! the DB were dangerously high even with ear protection and i'm deffinitly still feeling it in my ears even 1 week afterwards...

Hm i wasnt feeling that it is to loud, it was more a normal level for party for me

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #43 on: 25.08.2011, 18:26:06 »

! the DB were dangerously high even with ear protection and i'm deffinitly still feeling it in my ears even 1 week afterwards...

Hm i wasnt feeling that it is to loud, it was more a normal level for party for me

That's an old discussion, I wore my 25db Elacin ER filters and some of the bass was still painful just through bone resonance.

It's an entirely subjective thing, and it varies from person to person. There are also many among you who'd have liked it considerably louder even than it was.

Since the split between preferring quieter/okay/louder is about 30/30/30, that's why I provided basic hearing protection at the Protect Your Ears table outside the dance area for anyone who wanted it. Also, since the dance area is so large, you can always move to a location where the loudness isn't as intense.

Next year I'll have the Protect Your Ears thingy set up for all the dances, just in case, maybe with stronger filters even (seeing how most people took the orange earplugs, which attenuate the sound the strongest)

Also, if you have sensitive ears, by all means protect them with hearing protection that's either customized for you, or works well. You can't expect too much from standard one-size-fits-all foam bolts. Those are better than paper tissues, but no match for high quality, multi-use hearing protection that can cost from 5 Euros to 200 Euros a pair.
« Last Edit: 25.08.2011, 18:38:57 by Thygrrr »
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Vector

« Reply #44 on: 25.08.2011, 19:43:22 »

Here it is my feedback ! Don't be afraid EF staff !  ;D

Hotel : a very very good surprise ! I was scared that the Ringberg can't be replaced but the Maritim hotel and his staff are really good ! Was a pleasure to give nice tips everyday to the maids & staff ! Never had a too long wait at lifts...in fact, it was worst at the Ringberg ! Lot of places to seat, chat & having fun with furry friends as a big family during EF. I was expecting a sad business hotel and in fact, it's a great place for EF ! Lot of places around the hotel to do shopping or to eat and the train station is really really close. Congrats to Nightfox and all ppl involved who made it possible !

The piano bar : one of my favorite places to hang with friends or to dance ! I loved all the dances there !

The main lobby : simply gorgeous ! If a church would be build for furry fans it'd look this ! The atmosphere there was fantastic, especially at night.

Swimming pool : very easy access ! Not a lot of lockers, but you can change yourself in your room and go there directly.

SIGs : awesome panels with an awesome GoH. EF makes possible one of a very old child dream. Big big thanks ! I would love to see more puppettry sigs every year, focusing on specific aspects of that art. I would love to help into these SIGs too, including full body costumes SIGs.

PPS : see my full feedback on the dedicated thread but I have the feeling I won't attend to the PPS anymore...

EF staff : very effective as always ! It's fascinating to see these guys/gals working. Special thanks to Pinky & White Dragon for their work !

Bitter Lake : I'll post a full feedback if a dedicated thread is opened.

Main stage : some of the chinese vertical decoration blocked view of the screens/stage under some specific angles. At the Big Blue Dance, with a good ear protection + fursuit head, the sound was still painful. O_o I didn't expect that !

Fursuit gameshow : I would love to see more physical fursuit games and less puzzles or dexterity games. Maybe it's impossible because of the limited depth of the stage (because of the PPS setup) ? Could we have the main stage configuration like Enter the Arena for the fursuit gameshow ?

Fursuit lounge : definitely the best one I ever used and for the first time I could use a drying rack for my fursuit head or paws. Lot of space & fans... Congrats to the fursuit team !

What could I say else ? I really enjoyed the convention and I definitely want to come back next year. ^^
"I used to be an Eurofurence attendee like you, but then I took a Laden to the knee."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up