Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A big thanks to the runners of the Art Sales and other Show helpers  (Read 7173 times)

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist

Since during the sales things went past in a blur, I would like to use the opportunity to thank the volunteer runners at the Art Sales. You all helped greatly keeping the lines in check and moving the art to the customers in time! Also, a heartfelt thank you to the people who assembled for the setup and breakdown!

*hugs*

Next year, we will employ volunteers again (with perhaps some small adaptions to the process), so I hope to see some familiar faces then ;)
You are all very much appreciated!

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion

Hell, I'm impressed about how smooth the sales went this year. No long lines, no complaining guests. With the amount of runners available the waitingtime was below- what? - the 2 minutes treshold? I was expecting a lot of stress but it was more waiting for the buyers to show up then the buyers waiting for us. So: this concept was a success! :)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Fafnir Kristensen

I would be curious to know the amount of art sale compared to previous years. is that kind of statistic possible ?
(I suspect it may have been lower this year, but thats just a feeling)

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist

Hell, I'm impressed about how smooth the sales went this year. No long lines, no complaining guests. With the amount of runners available the waitingtime was below- what? - the 2 minutes treshold? I was expecting a lot of stress but it was more waiting for the buyers to show up then the buyers waiting for us. So: this concept was a success! :)

Thanks. It was a number of little things that add up to make a large difference: more runners of course, a linear flow for customers (not using the stage), separate handling of little issues which did not make a register shutdown necessary, and integrating the sales area from the start.

We will definitely use the same setup next year, perhaps with an additional specialized runner that helps the artists pick up their unsold art. And larger signs. And a preliminary meeting of runners. Always room for improvement! ;D

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist

I would be curious to know the amount of art sale compared to previous years. is that kind of statistic possible ?
(I suspect it may have been lower this year, but thats just a feeling)

Without looking into the system for accurate numbers - total artist revenue is down about 15%. I guess we see the (apparently unending) economy crisis at work...

Blue_Panther

• 2nd Art Show Director
  • Art Show
  • Bouncy Pheline
    • Blue Spaces

Gratulations and salutations from me also! You guys did a stellar job at the sales desk and those running the auction with me also thank you for your help.

However, I have to confess that I wasn't able to provide everyone of our helpers with the small "Volunteer" pins as token of appreciation as it has become a tradition amongst staff over the past years. For those left out, I am terribly sorry. I promise to make better arrangements next year round and would love to welcome you guys back again next year!

TbW
«The trouble with quotes taken from the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine.»

Abraham Lincoln

blazingstar

• ConOps

It was my pleasure to help with being a art runner for the day.

I had much fun doing it so i am more then happy to help you out again with the next years art pick up at the con.

If help is needed then blazingstar is ready to help out
Pages: [1]   Go Up