Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Con Depression (PCD) Support Group  (Read 20114 times)

Shironeko

Post Con Depression (PCD) Support Group
« on: 23.08.2011, 18:07:39 »

I promised some friends I made at EF that I would post a topic like this so we could al share together our terrible post-con depression and start counting the days to the next one.  ::)

This is not intended to be a "serious" post, but feel free to share your experiences, how you feel, what you think and maybe even post your plans for the next year. What Ideas has this year's EF given you and what would you like to do next year?

Just talk about yourself and how you feel :D

Cheers!

fluffy.panther

Re: Post Con Depression (PCD) Support Group
« Reply #1 on: 23.08.2011, 18:47:08 »

I have no PCD (a little maybe) because I think about next Eurofurence (and other furcons) and this makes me happy ^_^
This was my first EF and it was very… Very very (i have no words to describe my feelings)!
Dont be unhappy, just think, that you'll go to the next EF or other furcon! ^__^
P.S.: pawpet show makes me double-happy!
Chirp =^/_\^=

draconigen

• Webmaster
  • Website Team
« Reply #2 on: 23.08.2011, 18:48:37 »

EF is over, WOHOOO FINALLY! \o/

No seriously, PCD hit me in the face like everyone else. Altough I'm not depressed, my mind is so damn off, I should just dig myself into the ground and sleep until my brain is ready to boot up again.

1) Go buy stuff to eat
2) Notice that your hands are full, so lay some things aside and rearrange your load
3) Go straight to the checkout
4) Back home, start cooking
5) Notice that half of your ingredients are missing
6) ? ? ? ? ?
7) Profit.

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
« Reply #3 on: 24.08.2011, 02:37:23 »

It's been a while since I suffered from a hard PCD but this convention truly did it to me. It started on Sunday when sitting at the greek restaurant next door, watching the sun set. It was then that I realised that EF is over and that this small but so special microcosmos is gone for another year. I still try to figure out what makes it so special. I mean, it's a con, right? And there are dozens but somehow it brings us a small step closer to what we all like but can never have for real. Just when it was gone I realised, once more, how much this unreal and fragile world means to me.

I'm still up and I don't want to go to bed (but I have to) because I know that tomorrow I'll be back in RL and Eurofurence won't feel like real any longer but more than a dream.

Bedtime now. See you next year when the magic returns for another few precious days.
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 24.08.2011, 14:31:03 »

I came home to find by basement flooded. Nothing life-threatening happened, but I lost a lot of stuff - some of it which I held very dear, such as old convention photos and stuff. I could salvage a bit of it, but not nearly everything. I'm doubly depressed now.
yours,

Cheetah

Ziggy_wolf

• Hail Satan
« Reply #5 on: 24.08.2011, 15:11:21 »

Oh that must suck badly. Well for my part I`ve not even unpacked yet, I`ve just been sleeping most of the day since EF I think I`ve gotten some sort of flu or something, I`m just so freeking tired maybe it`s because I was drunk snce last sunday, and now it`s all coming to bite me in the ass?
I had nothing to do with either the three little pigs or little red riding hood. Honestly I`m a nice guy, who just happens to love pork, and hooded women. It was all a misunderstanding, I swear!

Thygrrr

• Snarf!
« Reply #6 on: 24.08.2011, 15:31:43 »

PCD is moderate, con crud is close to zero, but my mind is really wandering.

The fact that I have to keep the window blinds down in my apartment because of the heat makes it a little worse, stuck in the dark with just shades of gray is a crass contrast to the bright, colourful and fluffy "reality" of the Maritim's Lobby during EF17.
Thygrrr Darkfurre

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #7 on: 24.08.2011, 16:09:12 »

I just woken up. No, I'm not kidding. I slept two times around 16 hours in a row and slowly my body recovers from the torture of that week. Half of my skull is still inflamed, including my right eye and my feet hurt, but everything is getting better by now.

I still have not unpacked my stuff and I just realized something very funny: After new-years-eve, I thought "Okay, a new year". Now, after Eurofurence I'm starting to make plans and goals I want to reach during the year till the next eurofurence. It IS crazy how deep this one convention is settled in my life by now and I happen to know that there are quite a few furs that feel the same.

But there is something that really helps fighting the PCD: Working on Eurofurence 18 :D

After EF is before EF! So keep your coats clean and your whiskers straight - we have a con to prepare!

Dragony

• Time Lord
« Reply #8 on: 24.08.2011, 17:06:41 »

PCD is moderate, con crud is close to zero, but my mind is really wandering.

The fact that I have to keep the window blinds down in my apartment because of the heat makes it a little worse, stuck in the dark with just shades of gray is a crass contrast to the bright, colourful and fluffy "reality" of the Maritim's Lobby during EF17.

That's it. No con crud, but I miss the great time, that I have...  :-[
"State your name, rank and intention!" - "The Doctor, Doctor,... fun..."

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #9 on: 24.08.2011, 17:39:06 »

I came home to find by basement flooded. Nothing life-threatening happened, but I lost a lot of stuff - some of it which I held very dear, such as old convention photos and stuff. I could salvage a bit of it, but not nearly everything. I'm doubly depressed now.

Oh no >.<
Can't we help you out somehow by trying to find and reprint some of the photo's you lost. I don't know if they where hard copy of the old fashion camera kind and if any one else got those pictures. Or if you got negatives that can be reprinted.

For my part. I slept for 8 hours after a 550 km drive and that went well enough. Woke up multiple times thinking I still had stuff to do on the con, but apart from that I feel a tad tired and relatively ok. I have had far to much to do since then to feel down.
« Last Edit: 24.08.2011, 17:41:08 by Fineas »

Rua Whitepaw

« Reply #10 on: 24.08.2011, 17:57:25 »

I had quite severe PCD but that's because I'm dealing with a lot of problems IRL now and when EF was over it was hard to go back to all of that again. I tried to keep PCD at bay with videos and pictures and talking to people in #eurofurence and #eurofurs channels which helped a bit.

Also thank you Shiro for being such an angel as a roommate! *hugs*

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #11 on: 25.08.2011, 00:48:56 »

Going back from EF, and especially arriving at my place, was like waking up from a beautifull dream which was full of colours, sounds, aws and mind blasting impressions, the con beeing a fairy tale to speak of.
I must say that now I feel strangely at peace. As if the magic of EF, all the warmth, kindness and happy moments of the con would still stuck to me. I feel as if I stored those wonderfull impressions inside myself, and am ready to go back to work tomorrow after 3 weeks of holidays. And: winter can come  ;)

Also, I think of positive furry things to follow:
- My first suit should get ready over the next weeks
- I will visit "Raubkatzenasyl" once the suit is done, and help them to entertain their visitors
- Planning about staffing on the next EF
- Suhlvester??? or one other furry event during winter...

Pegla

• Art Show
  • I can do art me!
    • Dutchfurs[dot]com
« Reply #12 on: 25.08.2011, 01:29:13 »

PCD has not hit me just yet. Mostly because many fuzzies are still around me. I think it will hit me when I am working again, next week or so. But the meerkat shall survive!

Nonetheless, I really do look forward to next year, this installment really rocked my world. And no concrud whatsoever! Shower often at the con, and take your vitamins. Works like a charm.

I think I do sleep a bit worse though thanks to EF, so many ideas buzzing in my head.

Furvan

• Fursuit Support
  • Pawpet Show
    • Waschkatze
« Reply #13 on: 25.08.2011, 06:45:33 »

no concrud, i tryed everything to get one...including a 40h shift at the last con day/night/day
my body stands...

pcd got me completly, something quantum quark effect, as far from con as harder it goes
my soul crushed...
Officer Meow!
King of the unfinished
Lord of Animatronic =^.^=

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #14 on: 25.08.2011, 07:02:08 »

What? EF is over and nobody told me?
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)