Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feedback from EF17  (Read 53401 times)

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
Re: Feedback from EF17
« Reply #75 on: 30.08.2011, 20:04:42 »

We were told by the pawpet team that it had been necessary to increase the depth of the pawpet stage as opposed to EF16 because of the large new puppets. I have not measured whether this was true, though.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #76 on: 30.08.2011, 20:21:06 »

We were told by the pawpet team that it had been necessary to increase the depth of the pawpet stage as opposed to EF16 because of the large new puppets. I have not measured whether this was true, though.

The pawpet area appeared to have more depth, indeed, but this was due to more space between lift 4 and the back wall. It was exactly the same space between lift 4 and the playrail.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

ysegrim

• Superhero
  • Stage Team
« Reply #77 on: 30.08.2011, 21:56:44 »

The pawpet area appeared to have more depth, indeed, but this was due to more space between lift 4 and the back wall. It was exactly the same space between lift 4 and the playrail.

Nevertheless, this would mean that there was less space between the front (audience) edge of the stage and the play rail -- which is the space FSGS can use.

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #78 on: 30.08.2011, 22:15:12 »

Nevertheless, this would mean that there was less space between the front (audience) edge of the stage and the play rail -- which is the space FSGS can use.

No, lift 4 is the last one from the audience POV (i.e., the nearest one to the back wall). The play rail was under lift 2 like it was last year. (Last year IIRC just holding a sheet of molleton, this year securing the play rail)
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

Jaryic

• Stage Director
« Reply #79 on: 31.08.2011, 02:21:58 »

No, lift 4 is the last one from the audience POV (i.e., the nearest one to the back wall). The play rail was under lift 2 like it was last year. (Last year IIRC just holding a sheet of molleton, this year securing the play rail)

No need to discuss about things that are not gonna change. Maritim 1 is a presentation-stage not a show-stage.
And for technical and statical reasons the PPS-construction can not be moved. Neither more front nor more back.
Besides that, FSGS had more space than ever before. Backstage and Frontstage. Please adapt to your resources. :P
Only those that can see which is invisible can do the impossible.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #80 on: 31.08.2011, 12:02:03 »

I think we're adapting just fine ... but isn't this a topic for the internal PPS forum, or maybe the staff meeting?
yours,

Cheetah

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #81 on: 31.08.2011, 13:44:49 »

I think we're adapting just fine ... but isn't this a topic for the internal PPS forum, or maybe the staff meeting?

I don't even see what all the excitement is about... I made a tongue-in-cheek remark about our space restrictions and was taken way too literaly... Sorry for that but in my defense: there was a smily face right next to it.

davuu

• rawr
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #82 on: 31.08.2011, 23:06:36 »

I came to EF to have fun, relax, catch up with friends and in the process I made new ones.

It was a break, and I enjoyed myself, I've seen alot of posts complaining of little things, which didnt affect me because, I was on holiday and didnt care, I took it with a care free attitude.  I had fun, that is what I came for and that is what I achieved.

I thought all the staff did a great job making things run smoothly. They were professional and always seemed happy when I talked to them.

I felt the music was good, and the sound seemed fine.  I was in the dance at various times and it was quiet enough that I could hold a conversation with someone in suit and be heard.

There were plenty of fans in the dances and the fursuit lounge to keep me cool whenever I needed it, and if someone was on a fan they would happily move over so I could share. 

I felt information was well put across on posters on all the rooms and in the book, and therefore could plan my time accordingly:)

So I would like to thank all the staff for making that possible and I hope that they could enjoy the con a little bit as much as we did in between running things:)

Langohr

« Reply #83 on: 03.09.2011, 00:16:22 »

EF 17 was my fourth EF. And it was great again. All of you in the staff were doing a great job again. Thank you very much.

Things that come to my mind that I liked especially this year:

- The night when registration started (in January) had the first great surprise for me when I got a confirmation for a place at EF including a single room at the hotel. So, for the first time, I had a room at the con hotel. This made a lot of things easier during the con, compared to the years before. (Only disadvantage: I couldn't sleep in the night from Sunday to Monday because it was too noisy.)

- EF Prime. Even when you have a break at your room you don't miss a thing. Cool.

- The city guide sheet helped me to discover some very interesting places in Magdeburg I didn't know before. It would have been a shame to miss the city wall excavation site and the Elbauenpark.

- Such a nice and interesting person as Guest of Honour.

- A lot of interesting SIGs as always.

- EF remained in a place where Vita Cola is available.  ;)

Tirga

« Reply #84 on: 03.09.2011, 22:47:18 »

the only thing i can complain about was,
--the heat in the lobby at wednesday, and thursday.  ::)

Blacklion

« Reply #85 on: 05.09.2011, 00:38:55 »

Only one thing that i wish to say:
THANK YOU EF TEAM! - All of you made a very hard and great job for all of us. I spend one of best days of my life on this con. It was really great, and for me, greater than previous.
REALLY BIG THANKS for fursuit team - fursuit lounge was purrfect! ;)

I hope, that all of attendees can feel the same, what I feel about this con. And I know, the next con will be better and I definetly will come there.

THANKS A LOT again to all!

Oh, by the way. Because this is "feedback" thread - I want to say one very little, but very annoing thing for me - EF IS OVER ;)

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #86 on: 05.09.2011, 10:40:31 »

Oh, by the way. Because this is "feedback" thread - I want to say one very little, but very annoing thing for me - EF IS OVER ;)
We're already working on fixing this one *g*

*purrrrr*

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #87 on: 06.09.2011, 00:33:46 »

We're already working on fixing this one *g*

*purrrrr*

Then let's hope it'll ever happen again after the fix…!  :D
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up