Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pawpet show DVD?  (Read 12290 times)

nifela

• urban husky
Pawpet show DVD?
« on: 31.01.2012, 12:44:41 »

Hi,

I just checked and the last time somebody made this topic seemed to have been in 2008 - so I thought I'd kindly ask if there is any update on the status of any of the previous (EF 11 to EF 17) pawpet show DVD plans?

The pawpet show has always been the (emotional) highlight of this con to me and I would love to recapture some of that or even make my enthusiasm for the show more accessible to my (furry) friends.
While I do appreciate that some fan recordings exist, most of them are unfortunately unwatchable to me due to the excessively shaking cam and (often) very poor sound.
I think that we, or at least I, don't need a fully remastered 7.1 1080p release - any stereo sound DVD would probably suffice :)

So what's new, except rivalling Duke Nukem in terms of "when it's done"? ;)

regards,
nifelan
I was husky before it got trendy

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
Re: Pawpet show DVD?
« Reply #1 on: 06.03.2012, 12:22:06 »

So say we all !

(And at least one DVD exists and has been aired on F8K-tv, or so I've been told. Just needs to be multiplied and sold.)

And I agree for the other years as well:
No 1080p multiangle, dolby digitally remasted, subtitled, 3D blueray production needed.
Just a plain center stage view and audiotrack that I can understand decently is plain enough  !
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #2 on: 06.03.2012, 17:42:30 »

The pawpet show from EF 11 has been finished many years ago and still eagerly awaits its release. The remaining DVDs will probably be finished at some point by someone who has the energy, time and motivation to work on them. :)
Official Something

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 06.03.2012, 18:37:54 »

Okay, since you keep raising this issue in public, I shall answer to you in public. There's no point in sending off little stings in my direction every time this is mentioned. I got your message loud and clearly when you told it to me the first time. I remember you being very clear about it.

I know you're holding a grudge against me because of the EF11 DVD. I agree things went very wrong - and unfortunately I realized much too late how important this particular DVD is to you.

I was focussed on getting the con running, and the new shows coming - that always had a priority for me. And eventually, the EF11 DVD went down further my list of priorities, as it was superceded by shows that got WAY more intention - and interest for an old show like that went down. Yes, that's to a large degree my own mistake. (Other factors contributed to it ... like, I didn't get cleaned up fiddle recordings until EF14 (!) - and just like yours, my motivation was already very low by then.)

I know it's not going to turn back the clock, but I am very sorry for this. I was totally blind regarding your feelings in this issue, for many years. And realizing it makes me feel like a complete idiot about this whole thing.

And I inadvertedly made it worse. Many comments from you made me think you no longer cared about the pawpet show. That's why I handed the intermission videos to people who asked for them to put on youtube. I honestly thought you wouldn't give a damn, since you were not planning to work on the pawpetshow any more anyways since the EF11 disappointment I caused.

So, turns out I was wrong, and your outrage about it hit me totally by surprise - all my presumtions about the situation were apparently wrong. Again - I totally didn't see it, while I totally should have.

I ended up in a situation where I was so panically afraid to bring up the issue, that I'd rather not talk about it with you - I was fearing the confrontation.

Which made it even worse.

Seeing this whole thing from your perspektive, I can understand why you are frustrated. And I also understand that it killed your motivation. I think I have kinda understood the situation by now.

And I feel very miserable about it. And I have no idea how to get out of it.

If it's your decision to no never work on a pawpetshow video again except for taping and transmitting it on ef-prime, I accept that.

However, I am totally willing to start over, and totally change the way we have approached pawpetshow DVDs in the past. Including taking myself out of the equasion. I have realized that I just don't have the skills and time to efficiently do my part of the job - and that I've been lying to myself and everybody else for years by pretending I do.
yours,

Cheetah

BigBlueFox

• Video Lead
  • Video Team
« Reply #4 on: 06.03.2012, 18:53:02 »

First of all, I tried not to poke at your direction. Sorry, if this attempt at relaying "non-information" has failed.

In the same way, I have to defend myself, after all, I am the one who constantly gets asked and questioned.

Also, a few things in your posting are wrong. Not sure why, but I remember clearly what happened, and it was quite unlike what you said. It's not a matter of public discussion, tho.

We all should just move on.
Official Something

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 06.03.2012, 19:58:38 »

First of all, I tried not to poke at your direction. Sorry, if this attempt at relaying "non-information" has failed.

Don't worry. I'm not offended or anything. Even if it wasn't intentional, it reminded me that I've been pushing this issue to the back of my mind for too long.

Also, a few things in your posting are wrong. Not sure why, but I remember clearly what happened, and it was quite unlike what you said. It's not a matter of public discussion, tho.

Well, above is what I remember, and how I interpreted things in hindsight. I'm not willingly ignoring anything or making it up. If you feel I do, I assure you, I'm not doing it on purpose. My interpretation is a theory. I don't remember everything clearly (especially the parts that happened years ago), and of course my interpretation (especially of the very truncated exchange we had on twitter) is all but bullet-proof. I know that. As I said before, I was too afraid to approach you in person. So I'm not surprised your side of the story looks different - if we agreed on this, we wouldn't be in this situation after all.

I now gave you my side of the story, and I'd really like to hear your version of the story, how you saw it, from the beginning, because for me, it really isn't all that obvious. Of course I don't expect you to do it here in public. The only reason why I answered here where everyone can see it is because the issue came up right here, I feel very guilty about this whole issue and I really want to get it over with. And I want people to know that I am aware of it.

The next time we meet, if the situation allows for it, can we please talk? I need to get this off my chest somehow.

(To avoid this turning into a public debate, I'll lock this topic - if you want to answer once more, please send me a DM, and I'll put it in this thread for you.)
« Last Edit: 06.03.2012, 20:07:34 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up