Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: tablecloths  (Read 17404 times)

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
Re: tablecloths
« Reply #15 on: 19.09.2011, 12:16:56 »

Cheetah, may I suggest sending the artists who were clever enough to sign their vandalismwork the bill instead? If you feel charitable, sending along the tablecloth they "bought"? A little extra fee for handling and the associated trouble seems to be in order as well, of course.

Oh, and a hand-signed printout of the rules of conduct, with the appropriate parts highlighted, while you're at it.
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Barney

• My Livejournal
« Reply #16 on: 19.09.2011, 15:13:39 »

Cheetah, may I suggest sending the artists who were clever enough to sign their vandalismwork the bill instead? If you feel charitable, sending along the tablecloth they "bought"? A little extra fee for handling and the associated trouble seems to be in order as well, of course.

That's a really cute picture, any idea what that tablecloth costs? If the people that signed it don't want it, I'm interested in it.
« Last Edit: 19.09.2011, 15:19:01 by Barney »
A box of chocolates is like a fursuit, you never know what's inside...

draconigen

• Webmaster
  • Website Team
« Reply #17 on: 19.09.2011, 15:49:26 »

I think selling them (even for a high price) should be out of question. The only person who can should buy it, however, is in my opinion the artist himself.

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #18 on: 19.09.2011, 17:09:08 »

The one sold at the auction was not a table cloth, as far as I know. I still have one tablecloth from one of the tables in the lobby with lots of MLP scribbles on it that was handed to me by the hotel manager in person. Together with the bill for everything that the furries have spoiled, destroyed or drawn on.

Wow. I wasn't aware things like that where going on.
My guess that it happens in the moment. People getting drunk and thinking its a good idea without thinking about it any further. Doesn't justify things though. Is this serious enough to discuss further, because their are some usefull sugestions about this we can use to remind people next year and send the problems back to the people that cause them.

James The Dog

« Reply #19 on: 19.09.2011, 22:36:30 »

We all know some people have no respect for other people's property- it was probably done by the same people who decided it was a good idea to jump up and down in the lift while I was in there to try and make it "beep" and reset...

Bostitch

« Reply #20 on: 20.09.2011, 05:59:43 »

Guys, come on.
While it's not cool that is was the staff that ended up with the bill, it's still a business hotel, so anything that's not bolted down is for sale, and the rest is negotiable.

K9Primate

« Reply #21 on: 20.09.2011, 13:37:46 »

it's still a business hotel, so anything that's not bolted down is for sale, and the rest is negotiable.
No offence to your logic, but this attitude can brush some of us against the fur so to speak. m(
What if someone would "use" for instance your fursuit (if you have one that is, but you get my drift) as a floor-mop (or worse), since he thought that was fun to do.
Even if he offered to pay for the damage, I bed you would be seething, which is quite understandable in my opinion.

Just saying that, a few general virtues go a long way in keeping a lot of people happy, including oneself. ;)
« Last Edit: 20.09.2011, 13:39:26 by K9Primate »
Furcode: FCM3df A--- C+ D H+ M- P+ R+ T+ W--- Z Sm RLAT a++ c e f- h* i+ j* p- sm+

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: 20.09.2011, 15:29:42 »

While it's not cool that is was the staff that ended up with the bill, it's still a business hotel, so anything that's not bolted down is for sale, and the rest is negotiable.

I don't like the wording, because it implies that social behaviour doesn't play a role in it. But yes, technically you are correct. That's why a significant part of the confee goes into our liability insurance and of course, direct compensation of damages.

Feel free to draw on the tablecloths, break the elevator by jumping around and unhinging the sliding doors, climb on tables and break them, put sticky tape on painted walls, puke on the carpet. As you said, it's all for sale. But it is not "the staff" that ends up with the bill.  It is YOU who will end up paying for it - with everyone else, through your con fee. This is one of many factors why EF doesn't get cheaper from year to year. Damage control is a budget item. And it's all money that goes to waste, instead of being put into projects that make EF more awesome.

So how about trying not to damage anything instead of  this stupid discussion?
« Last Edit: 20.09.2011, 15:32:23 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

James The Dog

« Reply #23 on: 20.09.2011, 18:32:08 »

Besides, if everyone had that attitude, then there wouldn't even be a con, because no hotel would want to have us...

Runo

• Pawpet Show
  • Manul (Pallas' Cat)
« Reply #24 on: 20.09.2011, 19:21:39 »

Maybe next time they should try *buying* the table cloth from the hotel *before* starting to draw, then. I could even imagine they'd do that [edit: I mean the hotel with "they"].

…but I guess then the thrill the "artists" sought would be gone and the canvas uninteresting, huh? :P
Elämä on epävarmaa - syö jälkiruoka ensin!

LJ | Twitter | dA | FA | My Suits

Fineas

• ConOps
« Reply #25 on: 21.09.2011, 16:25:17 »

I didn't know that their where such rude individuals within our mids. So fact seams that we could get an X% discount or increase in budget for projects just by getting this 'fixed' or 'sorted out'.

I don't know how you all feel about this, but I feel like calling things in to security a whole lot quicker knowing this. Do you understand how much more expensive EF would become if someone trashed an elevator by jumping in it? Not to imagine when someone would die in such an event. EF could be held responsible and things could go south very quickly if that happens.

Like the thing with the roof tops. We have hallways, why do people want to go out on the roof and go in through the window? It's not quicker, more dangerous, could get you wounded, damage hotel property (like vents, roof surface, window, window frame).
On top of that I didn't feel the least comfortable with leaving my window open on the first floor.

I can understand we don't want to be a private police force, but if this is the case I feel we all have a responsibility to turn people in that spoil the fun for the people that do just want to have a good time without doing stupid stuff like mentioned above.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up