Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SECOND official EF17 Lost-and-Found  (Read 10695 times)

Riffuchs

• Art Show
  • Ears in motion
SECOND official EF17 Lost-and-Found
« on: 29.09.2011, 22:07:51 »

Hi everyone!

The hotel told us some days ago that there's another Lost and found box still at the hotel. Since ConOps left early on Monday morning, the second box contains all items that were found due the room cleanup on Monday and Tuesday.

Some notes on this box
- Read this topic if you found an item of yours and want it back.
- There are some towels. I didn't touch/photograph them since some were still damp and after a moth in a plastic bag... you know what I want to say. So if you miss a towel that's dear to you, provide me with lots of details. I'm not gonna dig though the pile for a 'maybe'...
- It containes some items guests already asked about before. So, like last time, I try to contact those.

SECOND Eurofurence 17 Lost and Found Box

Item: 61 (Fan on stand - we have TWO of these!)
Claimed by: OPEN

Item: 62 (Small fan, black)

Item: 63 (Small fan, white)

Item: 64 (Small fan, black)

Item: 65 (Plastic swords)

Item: 66 (Shoes & Shampoo)

Item: 67 (Nokia mobile phone charger)
Claimed by: Ryaku

Item: 68 (Sunglasses)

Item: 69 (Sony headphones)

Item: 70 (TV antenna cable... ok... who recorded EF-Prime? :) )

Item: 71 (USB cable)

Item: 72 (Diving googles)

Item: 73 (Padlock)

Item: 74 (Jacket, black and T-Shirt)

Item: 75 (Jacket, mossgreen)

Item: 76 (Throusers, brown)

Item: 77 (Jacket, black and with lots of stuff in one pocket)

Item: 78 (Jacket, black)

Item: 79 (Artifical hair, deo and so on)

Item: 80 (Plush wolf - Sad that he was forsaken by his owner. I'll be shocked if the owner doesn't calim this adorable little guy back)

Item: 81 (Plush Tiger, white)

Item: 82 (Plush Tiger)
Yours sincerely,
Riffuchs

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
Re: SECOND official EF17 Lost-and-Found
« Reply #1 on: 30.09.2011, 08:54:59 »

Awww those plushies are adorable. If no one ends up claiming them (which would be a great shame), we should auction them away for charity next year or something. As long as they don't get thrown out or something horrible like that. >.<
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Cairyn

• Art Show Director
  • Con Book
  • Fur Stylist
« Reply #2 on: 30.09.2011, 16:15:52 »

Awww those plushies are adorable. If no one ends up claiming them (which would be a great shame), we should auction them away for charity next year or something. As long as they don't get thrown out or something horrible like that. >.<

Adorable or not... I wouldn't want to buy plushies from an unknown source for hygienic reasons.

Pinky

• Charity Liaison
« Reply #3 on: 30.09.2011, 21:24:43 »

I'm sure they can be washed  ;)
And so I say the things I say
And do the things I do
And if you do not like it, then
To hell, my dear, with you

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: 30.09.2011, 22:03:54 »

yours,

Cheetah

KartFox

« Reply #5 on: 25.11.2011, 01:39:20 »

Items 62 and 64 are mine.  The Honeywell fan should have a US plug on it.  I plugged it into the wall and it burned up because it wasn't rated for 220V.  I purchased the other black fan at the market and left it in the room because it was too much hassle to take it back to the US with me.  You can throw the Honeywell fan away and use the other for whatever you need.  It was my intent to leave them behind.

Sorry so late, I just saw the post. :P

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 25.11.2011, 02:04:27 »

Items 62 and 64 are mine.  The Honeywell fan should have a US plug on it.  I plugged it into the wall and it burned up because it wasn't rated for 220V.  I purchased the other black fan at the market and left it in the room because it was too much hassle to take it back to the US with me.  You can throw the Honeywell fan away and use the other for whatever you need.  It was my intent to leave them behind.

Okay, I can see why you did this - and you probably thought it was allright. But I hope you realize that you caused quite a bit of extra work for the hotel crew (who cleaned up your room and actually packed all this stuff and shipped it to us), and EF staff (especially riffuchs) who had to sort through all the leftovers and photograph them. Next time, if you intend to dump stuff you don't need ... please dispose of it properly. Your hotel room is not a waste dump.

A note to everyone reading this thread: The hotel management very clearly complained to us about the state they found most rooms in on the last day, and the enormous amounts of dirt and trash and leftover things - not in regard of specific guests, but in general. It took them twice as long to get the rooms into inhabitable condition again as it takes for normal guests, and they sent us about 150 leftover items total that took Riffuchs a lot of work to sort out, photograph and maintain. This will likely have two consequences: Extra cleaning and garbage removal costs put on our bill - and it's likely we will be discontinuing our "lost and found" service.  It's just no fun to sort through all this, and then be told that people apparently mistook their hotel room for a electronic waste disposal site.

yours,

Cheetah

KartFox

« Reply #7 on: 25.11.2011, 06:59:46 »

Okay, I can see why you did this - and you probably thought it was allright. But I hope you realize that you caused quite a bit of extra work for the hotel crew (who cleaned up your room and actually packed all this stuff and shipped it to us), and EF staff (especially riffuchs) who had to sort through all the leftovers and photograph them. Next time, if you intend to dump stuff you don't need ... please dispose of it properly. Your hotel room is not a waste dump.

A note to everyone reading this thread: The hotel management very clearly complained to us about the state they found most rooms in on the last day, and the enormous amounts of dirt and trash and leftover things - not in regard of specific guests, but in general. It took them twice as long to get the rooms into inhabitable condition again as it takes for normal guests, and they sent us about 150 leftover items total that took Riffuchs a lot of work to sort out, photograph and maintain. This will likely have two consequences: Extra cleaning and garbage removal costs put on our bill - and it's likely we will be discontinuing our "lost and found" service.  It's just no fun to sort through all this, and then be told that people apparently mistook their hotel room for a electronic waste disposal site.

I am terribly sorry about the extra work I had caused you guys and the hotel staff.  I am usually the one yelling at others for leaving a mess behind.  I've always been a big believer in leaving behind as small of a footprint as possible, so it is weird being the bad guy in this incident.  The broken fan was placed on top of the garbage can, and I thought that was sufficient.  The staff must have thought this was a mistake and removed it.  The other fan is completely my fault, and I apologize.

I don't want to use cultural differences as an excuse, or to in any way justify what happened, but this is a very common practice here in the states.  Items left in the rooms are usually just discarded if not deemed very valuable.  I admire and envy your respect for personal property, as well as personal responsibility.  It's what keeps me coming back, and why I'd like to ultimately move to Germany.  No hotel in the US would have given second thought to it, they would have just thrown the fan away, or taken it for themselves.  I'm not trying to justify my behaviour, it's just what I am used to.  I had a "Dumb American" moment, and it will never happen again.

I look forward to attending many more Eurofurence conventions.  This year was my first.  I will take extra care with my cleanliness next year.

Fangorn

« Reply #8 on: 05.06.2012, 13:40:22 »

I like to leave rooms the way I found them, give the hotel staff a nice surprise. If there is an item which is broken or no longer needed, always ask hotel staff if you can dispose of it with them responsibly, ie if it's an item which can be recycled, or of some actual use to the hotel itself.

I usually find talking and asking solves more problems than guessing and all that. :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up