Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fursuit Variety Stage Show (Stage Fever)  (Read 14792 times)

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
Fursuit Variety Stage Show (Stage Fever)
« on: 13.11.2011, 19:44:58 »

Any plans on reviving this? Just curious.
Hug The Tiger And Get A Free Lollipop.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
Re: Fursuit Variety Stage Show (Stage Fever)
« Reply #1 on: 14.11.2011, 14:57:56 »

If I remember correctly, Mystifur stepped down from the position of Stage Fever organisation lead - so this chair is vacant...
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

SouthPaw

« Reply #2 on: 15.11.2011, 00:11:01 »

Any plans on reviving this? Just curious.

Congratulations! You just volunteered.  ;D

Oh...Wait...Not my con, not my problem.

Cheers,

Southie
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #3 on: 21.11.2011, 14:34:41 »

Then let me say it:

"Congratulations, you have just been volunteered."

Your Duties now:

Create a concept
Inform us about it
Gather a team to run it
Find suiters to work with you
Start working on the show and inform us again :-)

P.S.: Your show must not involve throwing lollypops into the audience.

;D
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #4 on: 21.11.2011, 15:14:36 »

;D

What about Surströmming?

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #5 on: 21.11.2011, 16:39:34 »

Life-long ban from Eurofurence. And propably every other con if the word spreads...
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #6 on: 21.11.2011, 17:01:37 »

On topic however. Once the theme has been revealed, I shall try to create a cool concept that'd work well with the theme so Stage Fever can be revived :).

Zefiro

• Pawpeteer
  • IT Department
  • I'm a dragon
    • Zefiros Höhle
« Reply #7 on: 21.11.2011, 17:55:22 »

On topic however. Once the theme has been revealed, I shall try to create a cool concept that'd work well with the theme so Stage Fever can be revived :).
The majority of the work is independent of the topic of the con. If you're serious about this, I'm sure we can give you some hints and experiences. Though most of the work is finding good skits which equals to motivating fursuiters to come up with ideas (optional, you can outsource this to others/yourself - but needs to be done :), and perform it on stage, including a rehearsal slot. The skits should be funny to watch, and the performers actually be present when the show comes along. You might need some stagehands, too, but this is more easily solveable. A story arc would also be nice, but presents additional needs for story and performers.

So this is not only having one person hosting the show, but first finding performers and skits, later cat-herding them to actually do the skits, and overall make it an enjoyable experience for both the performers but especially also for the (many more) watchers of the show.

*purrrr*

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #8 on: 21.11.2011, 21:02:22 »

The majority of the work is independent of the topic of the con. If you're serious about this, I'm sure we can give you some hints and experiences. Though most of the work is finding good skits which equals to motivating fursuiters to come up with ideas (optional, you can outsource this to others/yourself - but needs to be done :), and perform it on stage, including a rehearsal slot. The skits should be funny to watch, and the performers actually be present when the show comes along. You might need some stagehands, too, but this is more easily solveable. A story arc would also be nice, but presents additional needs for story and performers.

So this is not only having one person hosting the show, but first finding performers and skits, later cat-herding them to actually do the skits, and overall make it an enjoyable experience for both the performers but especially also for the (many more) watchers of the show.

*purrrr*

I'd more than love to actually arrange something like this. Will just need to figure out if I will be able to attend EF :)

Zid

« Reply #9 on: 06.12.2011, 23:58:52 »

Umm lollipops made it to the audience ? I thought most hit the lights above the stage making BBF running there with a flashlight to check if any got stuck :P

Jaryic

• Stage Director
« Reply #10 on: 27.12.2011, 15:25:37 »

Umm lollipops made it to the audience ? I thought most hit the lights above the stage making BBF running there with a flashlight to check if any got stuck :P

Haha! Jepp! but it was not BBF, it was Darkwing. (I know, those long haired, glasses wearing tech guys all look the same) :P
Only those that can see which is invisible can do the impossible.

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #11 on: 11.01.2012, 04:19:50 »

To make a little update about this. I've begun writing a script for an intro to a Fursuit variety Stage show. Was thinking it could be done in style of Stage Fever at EF15, where there's sort of a storyline between the skits. I'm very interested in starting this up again, so I'm going to do my best to make it happen :D.

Drift

• Art Show
« Reply #12 on: 11.01.2012, 13:49:47 »

To make a little update about this. I've begun writing a script for an intro to a Fursuit variety Stage show. Was thinking it could be done in style of Stage Fever at EF15, where there's sort of a storyline between the skits. I'm very interested in starting this up again, so I'm going to do my best to make it happen :D.

Nice one  :D

Stripe Kazama

• It's a me! Stripey!
« Reply #13 on: 11.01.2012, 16:05:10 »

Oh, a question for any staff who can answer this. Once done with the script for an intro, who should I send it to for verification?

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: 11.01.2012, 17:09:37 »

Oh, a question for any staff who can answer this. Once done with the script for an intro, who should I send it to for verification?

Nobody. If you want to run this event, it's your own responsibility to get it right :) The audience will be your judge. If I may make a suggestion, as somebody who has some experience with organising stage shows, maybe you should start by trying to find performers first - and assemble a team who will actually run this event. One guy on this team could, for example, have the task to help you proofread your script. I know, that's all tedious and boring adminstrative work, but your intro is the least important part of the equation. It will be worthless if there's no show to put it in front of :)
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up