Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [EF18] Girls-Cafe II (now open for MtF Transgender!)  (Read 28387 times)

Sinea

Re: [EF18] Girls-Cafe II (now open for MtF Transgender!)
« Reply #30 on: 04.09.2012, 18:53:14 »

well, thank you girls for your GREAT support!!!  m(

The realy hard rest, I love ya! ^_^

I am not sure if i do it again next year, because this year was like a kick into my stomach.  >:(

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #31 on: 04.09.2012, 20:35:36 »

Hey Sinea,
don't let your ears hang down, I would have stayed longer, but I had a date for the staff art show walk with Shadofox, Dragony and Blue_Panther.

Don't give up for next year. It maybe wasn't the success you hoped for but there are always ups and downs.
I wanted to suggest something for next year: Do it on Sunday afternoon. There are still a lot of girls around and no other event or party is taking place. You can talk about what happend or moved you emotional during the convention at a nice cafe or bar near by for coffee and some sweets. You don't need a programm for that and as you know, girls love to talk so the topics will create themselves anyway. ;)

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #32 on: 05.09.2012, 01:41:24 »

As one of the Transgender furs i felt quite cheated when i saw that the café had moved to an off-site bar next to the con. It was my first con so in my head i though "what bar??? i saw at least five next to the con site when i walked around" and yes, i poked my head in at the first bar called One, saw a handfull of EF badges but the rest were locals. I personally don't know how the locals view or treat MtF or FtM there, drunk or sober... the idea behind the cafe being on site was that it gave protection and a safer enviroment to meet up (and much quieter) and talk about stuff.

i for one hope to see the cafe back next year though. i saw a few transgender/crossdressing furs scattered across the con and it was nice to see that i was not alone there ^^

Kanrei

« Reply #33 on: 05.09.2012, 23:48:50 »

Me and a friend wanted to come, but we was pretty late and didn`t know if you where anymore in a bar, anyway we didn`t found anyone, looking like girl café. Maybe next year, if there will be a girl`s café again.
I was also surprised to hear, that transgender are allowed now, because there was so much discussion and people was against that. Anyway think it is nice, that transgender are now allowed, because wouldn`t be fair to the girls, which was unlucky not being born in a female body.
On other hand, there is the question if it is ok as transman to attend. Especially when you start to look really male. Ok most maybe won`t attend anyway, because there do not feel like girls. But I would be interest, and I do start to look male now. (Maybe more like both at the momen, it seems at least that people will accept my as girl or as boy.)

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #34 on: 06.09.2012, 18:57:52 »

DJ Tiger: The Magdeburger are very open! To quote an older lady "We love you and looking forward to meat you every year!"
So if someone missbehaves it's the younger ones.

Hmm... just as an spontanious idea: The piano bar opend at around 15 o'clock (maybe even earlier) on sunday and it was rather empty for most of the time.
Why not doing it there and then? It has the relaxing atmosphere of a cafe and is still within the hotel.

I love to meet new people and talk to them (especially girls or transgender), but to be honest, I don't like this sceduled chair circle much.
Though I would have stayed longer when I havend had any other dates that night, cause meeting new people is always fun.

Sinea

« Reply #35 on: 06.09.2012, 19:49:11 »

Well the Transgender thing wasn´t kind a Problem, if anyone has a Prob with that can tell it to me and i will say "NO!" to the Transgender.
It´s just an idea to try it first.

Well, if i do the girls cafe again i would move it to an other location, depends on what the Orga-Team would say.
Because we just can get that conference-rooms in the evening because its an social event....and its not alloud to eat/drink etc.etc

Polara

• http://xevara.com
« Reply #36 on: 11.09.2012, 20:42:25 »

I really enjoyed the bit of the Girl's Cafe that I was able to attend. I had to leave for a bit and was sorely disappointed when I learned it had been moved outside of the hotel. I totally support you if you want to do it again next year, and if I can help in any way, just let me know!

~Ara
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
~ Oscar Wilde

SupernovA

« Reply #37 on: 02.10.2012, 14:26:35 »

Sinea: I think you did a good effort in trying to arrange a meeting like this!  :)

I was quite curious about the girls cafe, but after reading the interview in the Daily Eurofurence I wasn't so sure. I don't know what it was about exactly, but it came across quite femenistic. Nevertheless, I went to see it with my own eyes. It wasn't really what I expected, it felt like a therapy group thingy (sorry, just being honest here), which probably also was because by the room we were in.
I think I got different expectations, and expected something totally different. (nailpolish, make up and hair talk  ;D something like that)
~ When the sun sleeps, it's time to dance in the dark ~

Sinea

« Reply #38 on: 03.10.2012, 17:53:52 »

it think the therapy thing was because of the room....if i do it again next year i will reserve a part of a pizzeria or a location like that...

well, i had a few themes but the situation when the 2 girls came in and talked about happy hour in the bar everywhere nearby the Hotel the good vibrations was out of the group, like a ballon which has suddenly lost air ...(sry try to say in english but its worse) :D

So give me time to think about next year...

VulpesRex

« Reply #39 on: 04.10.2012, 09:36:54 »

...when the 2 girls came in and talked about happy hour in the bar everywhere nearby the Hotel the good vibrations was out of the group, like a ballon which has suddenly lost air ...(sry try to say in english but its worse)...

So their comment took the wind out of your sails, and left you feeling...deflated?
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

Sinea

« Reply #40 on: 04.12.2012, 05:16:40 »

yep but i was more disappointed than deflated :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up