Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PPS Crew looking for curtain operator  (Read 6197 times)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
PPS Crew looking for curtain operator
« on: 06.08.2012, 14:50:05 »

Hi everyone!

Since our former curtain operator has been promoted to a puppeteer, we have an open position :)

You job:

Open and close the curtain and the stage backdrop lift according to script, signs and communication with the backstage manager and the FoH team via telephone. This is a 100% backstage job that carries a lot of responsibility for the show (moving the curtain or lifts at the wrong moment or wrong position will ruin the scene), the installed equipment (moving the wrong lift will destroy parts of the stage setup) and even people's health and lives (move lifts while they are being maintained can hurt or even kill crew and actors). Sometimes, the curtain operator has to step in as a stage hand when improvisation is needed, too, or relay messages between teams.

The requirements:

- Must act responsibly and self-confident.
- Good english language skills, must be able to communicate concisely
- Must take part in dress rehearsal (wednesday evening, may run until early morning hours)
- Good eyesight even under dark conditions
- Reasonably good fine motor skills (positioning the lifts can be tricky at times)
- Must be able to work as part of a team, follow orders of stage manager, and be able to understand and follow written instructions.

Compensation:

Opportunity to work in a tightly-knit team of crazy people, make one of the most advanced amateur puppet shows come to live, see how our show works backstage, get your applause with everyone else at the curtain call :)

Interested? Please contact Cheetah, the director by email, if you would like to apply.
yours,

Cheetah

Dhary Montecore

Re: PPS Crew looking for curtain operator
« Reply #1 on: 06.08.2012, 15:27:28 »

Oh I'd love to apply for that job. Unfortunately it wouldn't work out. Besides I wouldn't want to miss your awesome show from the audience view. :3

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
« Reply #2 on: 07.08.2012, 15:07:18 »

Would love to help but will be busy during EF.
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

VulpesRex

« Reply #3 on: 18.08.2012, 23:15:31 »

...Open and close the curtain and the stage backdrop lift according to script, signs and communication with the backstage manager and the FoH team via telephone.

I'm sorry, I am unfamiliar with this term: "FoH"?

Is there a lot of lifting or hauling associated with this task?  Or is this the sort of thing for which a younger or more fit person might be better suited?
Vulpine fortunes are precarious; people wish either to build monuments to us - or to hang us.

SouthPaw

« Reply #4 on: 18.08.2012, 23:59:01 »

I'm sorry, I am unfamiliar with this term: "FoH"?

Front of House (i.e. the auditorium). In this specific instance, it's referring to the team operating the sound and lighting desks at the rear of the room.

Wouldn't have thought age would be an issue, providing you can meet the necessary requirements like being able to see reasonably well in low light levels and having the fine motor control skills necessary to stop the lifts in the right place every time.

I would've applied myself but, like Dhary, I like watching from the audience.
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 19.08.2012, 02:00:05 »

Thanks for your feedback ... we've found the perfect match for this job: Bluepanther, who works curtains and lifts in a theatre, and he's colaborated with the stage team in many ways before, so we know and trust him. So I'm going to lock this thread now. Thanks again :)
yours,

Cheetah
Pages: [1]   Go Up