Off Topic > Everything Else

Magdeburg eatery recommendations

<< < (3/5) > >>

Fenrikur:
Strange as it may sound, finding decent German food at a reasonable price in larger cities in Germany actually tends to ocasionally pose a challenge even for natives. ;3
One website which I found to be useful on occasion (although I haven't yet tried its Magdeburg version) is prinz.de, with the major downside of it being that it is only available in German.

Leophan:

--- Quote from: Fenrikur on 22.01.2013, 23:06:44 ---Strange as it may sound, finding decent German food at a reasonable price in larger cities in Germany actually tends to ocasionally pose a challenge even for natives. ;3
One website which I found to be useful on occasion (although I haven't yet tried its Magdeburg version) is prinz.de, with the major downside of it being that it is only available in German.

--- End quote ---

Google Translate <3

Schleppdampfer Württemberg sounds interesting

silverfoxwolf:
Two places I found worth noting, the Currywurst stand in the station was absolutely amazing... will be waiting all year to get more of that delicious noms! Secondly, if you do venture down to the steak house (out the hotel, turn right and along the road). Be prepared for a long wait, we had to wait ages for food and it really wan't worth waiting so long for.

Gyroplast:

--- Quote from: silverfoxwolf on 23.01.2013, 19:03:13 ---Secondly, if you do venture down to the steak house (out the hotel, turn right and along the road). Be prepared for a long wait, we had to wait ages for food and it really wan't worth waiting so long for.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, that steak house gets a lot of mixed reviews. Myself I've been there 5-6 times now over the last years, and never had to wait long, nor was disappointed by the food itself. Quite the contrary. We usually buggered 'em with 6-10 people as well. I have heard other opinions similar to yours, though. In the end, as the food isn't expensive there to start with, I'd suggest giving them a try yourself.

If you are planning to give a close-by restaurant a visit as a group, it is a very good idea to give them a call some time ahead and reserve enough seats for all of the participants. It's likely you're not the only one with the glorious idea of grabbing a bite, and they won't be as surprised by the onslaught, which might help waiting times, too. Ordering in advance would be even better, of course.  ;D

Quincy the Raccoon:

--- Quote from: silverfoxwolf on 23.01.2013, 19:03:13 ---the Currywurst stand in the station was absolutely amazing...

--- End quote ---
Oh yeah! Tell me all about them! Those were the beste wurst ever! (gawd, why don't I have any money for EF this year?  :'() I wish I could deliver them at my door here, one for every day in the year...  #p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version