Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magdeburg eatery recommendations  (Read 20754 times)

Schorse

Re: Magdeburg eatery recommendations
« Reply #15 on: 05.02.2013, 19:20:42 »

We usually visit the Wenzel Prager Bierstuben at least once. It's just around the corner. When you leave the hotel through the back door, go to the right side, then there's a place with a fountain. The restaurant is on the right side of it.
They have "meter beer", which is pretty cheap. ;)

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws
« Reply #16 on: 06.02.2013, 20:43:42 »

The Steakhaus I won't ever return to after the experience me and some other Norwegian furs had last year. Long waits, never got some of the food we'd ordered nor all the side dishes (one person let his pepper steak go cold as he waited - and asked for - his pepper sauce, but it never came and he never ate the steak), inattentive staff (they rarely noticed our table), some people weren't even asked for their orders and were (and felt) ignored, poor English skills (and when we were told they were getting someone who could speak English we waited for 15 minutes and no one ever showed up). I get that they were overworked and maybe understaffed, but customers can only endure so much.

Really liked Café Flair. Went there twice for breakfast. Good, fresh, traditional breakfast-type food in good portions. A bit cramped, and I don't think they had a menu in English, but still worth it.

Went to Restaurant Rialto pretty much daily, sometimes twice a day. Seems they might have normal food there too, but went there for their crazy over-the-top ice cream. Not all of it is equally tasty, but it's always interesting to see how it looks like. Bonus points for having some very friendly staff. One waiter even remembered me from the day before and made a reference to the order I'd made; I'd ordered a two-person desert by my own, not really knowing it was intended for two people, so he seemed impressed / amused by that. And bonus points for being open fairly late; one of the EF highlights for me was wandering over there around 21 - 22 one evening with a group of friends (because one of them said he wanted something "fruity", and they've got some pretty darn fruity ice creams there), being comfortably tipsy and having some tasty ice cream.

Also heard about a restaurant called Croatia or The Croatian or somesuch, which was apparently really good. Hoping to go there this year.

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #17 on: 06.02.2013, 23:20:59 »

Totally agreeing with O'wolf about La Piazza - very nice selection of (italian and other) food, great desserts and everything for deal-braking prices - plus the owner is totally awesome, a big mr. mafioso xD
I ate there every day on my last EF and can only recommend it :)

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #18 on: 07.02.2013, 11:00:49 »

Totally agreeing with O'wolf about La Piazza - very nice selection of (italian and other) food, great desserts and everything for deal-braking prices - plus the owner is totally awesome, a big mr. mafioso xD
lemme guess, you came there for the pizza with anchovis right? (otters love fish!)
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3

Blackymoon

• Intermediate Ottersuiter >:3
« Reply #19 on: 07.02.2013, 19:58:47 »

:D :D

Hehe, well, not really to be honest, I don't like anchovis xD
The pizza tuna and lasagna were my favorite there ... as well as their icy desserts (sweet-tooth-otter xD )

lemme guess, you came there for the pizza with anchovis right? (otters love fish!)

Miles T.F. Baxxter

• Arctic fox
    • Norwegian Paws
« Reply #20 on: 19.08.2013, 17:22:36 »

Just curious, does anyone know of any good Indian-type restaurants that are not too far from the hotel?

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #21 on: 19.08.2013, 17:51:07 »

Just curious, does anyone know of any good Indian-type restaurants that are not too far from the hotel?
http://www.allee-center-magdeburg.de/gastronomie/thai-curry-delhi/detail/
http://www.thaicurrydelhi.de/willkommen/

Allee Center, Magdeburg!
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up