Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Photographer Round Table  (Read 18734 times)

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account
Photographer Round Table
« on: 06.06.2012, 22:39:13 »

There are so many photographers in the furry community and at the conventions. If the events team manages to schedule it I will run a photographer's round table during one of the first convention days (most likely on thursday around noon).

The idea is that furs interested in photography meet to discuss about equipment, lighting, framing, image composition and all other stuff that comes to your mind. We will most likely get an official room with projector so we can show photos and discuss them. So bring by some material on memory cards or flash drives.

We will also have one or two fursuiters to join the panel for some time so we can try out stuff "on the living object" or how to speak.

It is not planned as a lecture of any kind (I doubt I would be good enough to do that) but as a discussion between all of us ... everyone knows different tipps and tricks how to deal with photography under convention conditions.

any more ideas? comments?

EIN

Furs who are interested so far:

- Neweinstein
- Suran
- Kamuniak
- Whitefang
- Kuma (?)
- EZwolf
- Atkelar
- yotie
- Ralesk
- SunWolf
- Tekumseh
- Stripe Kazama
- Kinase
- Ga-O
- DJ Tiger
« Last Edit: 23.08.2012, 18:45:00 by neweinstein »
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Suran

• Pawpet Show
    • YiffyToys.de®
Re: Photographer Round Table
« Reply #1 on: 07.06.2012, 09:31:53 »

sound good
Fursuiter (2 Suits).
Dealer (YiffyToys.de and YiffyToys.us)

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #2 on: 07.06.2012, 21:55:13 »

I asked the EF events team about running this roundtable ... maybe they can supply us with a room ... lets see what they say :-)

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

Kamuniak

• Con Book
  • Profile picture by Dolphiana
    • Kamuniak.com
« Reply #3 on: 07.06.2012, 23:09:18 »

I'd be interested

Whitefang

« Reply #4 on: 08.06.2012, 00:29:43 »

Sounds good to me. ^^

Kuma

• Sometimes a tanuki, always a bear.
    • Kodiak Moments
« Reply #5 on: 08.06.2012, 12:50:08 »

Might be interested, although I think it'd be good to have some sort of agenda to get things going (simple stuff: maybe some introduction, work samples (laptop/tablet/print), photography style, workflow, ...).

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #6 on: 08.06.2012, 16:42:54 »

I will anyway have my laptop at the con ... if we can borrow a projector from EF it would be great to show some photos and just discuss how they were done

I will ask them about the projector as soon as I have a reply on the room issue

EIN

Whitefang

« Reply #7 on: 10.06.2012, 18:24:50 »

I imagine some, if not everyone, will bring their own cameras so that they can practice the theory right away (if it's possible, of course), so I think some exercises would be good and definitely help describing some things.

Also, would you like it to be something for beginners or more advanced photographers? Or maybe just a meeting and of both to share experiences and ideas?

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #8 on: 10.06.2012, 22:28:01 »

I imagine some, if not everyone, will bring their own cameras so that they can practice the theory right away (if it's possible, of course), so I think some exercises would be good and definitely help describing some things.

sure ... I can even bring my suit ... as it is a partial I can put it on inbetween and you can test some stuff right away

Also, would you like it to be something for beginners or more advanced photographers? Or maybe just a meeting and of both to share experiences and ideas?

I was more thinking about the last possibility ... if everyone brings a photo he did (I will try to get a projector) and explains a bit about it ... that would help everyone ... beginners to start and experienced ones to get even better.

I dont think I am good enough to give lectures in photography so it should be an exchange between all of us

EIN

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #9 on: 13.06.2012, 00:15:16 »

Would also be interested... not sure if there's time to spare in my schedule though :)  Could bring some good old chemical photography subjects to the table in case someone's interested.

yotie

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Oilfield trash - EF Photoshoot Team
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: 13.06.2012, 00:18:39 »

I'd love to attend! if it not during fursuit related events (parade and fursuit game show games) : )
if i can share some knowledge about this stuff : ) https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,3587.0.html

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account
« Reply #11 on: 13.06.2012, 08:27:49 »

Would also be interested... not sure if there's time to spare in my schedule though :)  Could bring some good old chemical photography subjects to the table in case someone's interested.

chemical photography? Hehe ... seems I am not the only one still doing that. Its maybe not the topic most people will be interested in but we can have a small chat about it some time :-) just have a look on my FA page ... I started a large project based on b&w film.

I'd love to attend! if it not during fursuit related events (parade and fursuit game show games) : )
if i can share some knowledge about this stuff : ) https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,3587.0.html

I will try to get it scheduled at the very beginning of the Con ... during the parade every photographer will be out (or in suit) so its no use to run this event during another large event. Just bring along something about the polaroid photography ... its a bit exotic but maybe there are some people interested to talk about it

EIN

Ralesk

« Reply #12 on: 13.06.2012, 09:37:35 »

I'm interested :)  I get too little practice lately, so when the time gets to taking photos at EF, I end up messing things up lately.  Unfortunately all I have is a Canon SX 110 IS, so nothing fancy (but at least capable of manual and semi-automatic modes, so I'm free to do anything within its hardware limits).
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Atkelar

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Fursuit Gameshow Lead / Fursuit Photoshoot Lead
    • LiveJournal page
« Reply #13 on: 14.06.2012, 00:21:01 »

chemical photography? Hehe ... seems I am not the only one still doing that. Its maybe not the topic most people will be interested in but we can have a small chat about it some time :-) just have a look on my FA page ... I started a large project based on b&w film.

Well, since I can't afford a digital mid-format camera, I have to stick with chemical ATM. :)  I recently went on a shopping spree and am now able to do B/W pictures on small, medium and large format (4x5" negative) from the shot to the finished print (up to 30x40cm) without any external help. Need some more practice though - and my photography work is typically on DA.

Quincy the Raccoon

• I'm a raccoon... searching for yo trashies!
« Reply #14 on: 15.06.2012, 20:18:26 »

Oh goody, I could learn a thing or two... Count me in!!  #p
Ringtailed bandit, that's what I am :3
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up