Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Could we have an up to date list of panels pinned to this board?  (Read 9399 times)

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot

Could we have an up to date list of panels pinned to this board?

I know that a schedual is impractical for many reasons, but would a simple list be possible? Last year we had three very closely related topics. A list might help to prevent such duplication. Alternatively it might inspire people to fill gaps.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator

Could we have an up to date list of panels pinned to this board?

I know that a schedual is impractical for many reasons, but would a simple list be possible? Last year we had three very closely related topics. A list might help to prevent such duplication. Alternatively it might inspire people to fill gaps.

Yeah, it's something we have been planning to do for a couple of years, but nobody in our team currently has the resources to maintain multiple versions of the same timetable, especially if it's a work in progress, and so far we have yet to find a WORKING and MAINTAINED open source scheduling software that allows for easy html exports, enabling us to do all the planning inside a database isntead of the wiki and multiple spreadsheets.

If you would be up for it, you could of course ask Riffuchs and apply for the job. I think Riffuchs would be thankful.

« Last Edit: 09.06.2012, 02:54:08 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

ANTIcarrot

• FA - ANTIcarrot

and so far we have yet to find a WORKING and MAINTAINED open source scheduling software that allows for easy html exports, enabling us to do all the planning inside a database isntead of the wiki and multiple spreadsheets.
In that case might I resurect a suggestion I made a few years back: A Eurofurence eV wishlist. ;)

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator

and so far we have yet to find a WORKING and MAINTAINED open source scheduling software that allows for easy html exports, enabling us to do all the planning inside a database isntead of the wiki and multiple spreadsheets.
In that case might I resurect a suggestion I made a few years back: A Eurofurence eV wishlist. ;)

I don't need wishlists. I have enough of those, believe me. I need people who make wishes become reality :)
yours,

Cheetah

ANTIcarrot

• FA - ANTIcarrot

I don't need wishlists. I have enough of those, believe me. I need people who make wishes become reality :)
But without the former you never find the latter. ;D
I've contacted Riffuchs and asked what he needs. If it's something I can do I've got some time free at the moment. We'll see what happens.

SouthPaw

Yeah, it's something we have been planning to do for a couple of years, but nobody in our team currently has the resources to maintain multiple versions of the same timetable, especially if it's a work in progress, and so far we have yet to find a WORKING and MAINTAINED open source scheduling software that allows for easy html exports, enabling us to do all the planning inside a database isntead of the wiki and multiple spreadsheets.

Well there's always Pentabarf, which is what ConFuzzled uses at the moment, having mostly tamed it (or worked out ways around its "quirks" at least). Hasn't been updated by the original developer for two years though.  :(  Apart from that, there don't appear to be any open source scheduling systems available.

Cheers,

Southie
--
SouthPaw, southie (at) southie (dot) me (dot) uk

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator

Well there's always Pentabarf, which is what ConFuzzled uses at the moment, having mostly tamed it (or worked out ways around its "quirks" at least). Hasn't been updated by the original developer for two years though.  :(  Apart from that, there don't appear to be any open source scheduling systems available.

Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so, and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.
yours,

Cheetah

neweinstein

• Fursuit Photoshooting
  • Crazy Scientist
    • Furaffinity account

Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so

would be great to know ... we could also need such a system if its working fine ... but for our size we could maybe still do it "manually"

and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.

yeah ... I see that ... contacted him about the event I proposed in the neighbouring thread ... no answer since a week now ...

EIN
„Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand." (Albert Einstein, 1931)

TiBoth

• Con Ops Second

*Woof*

Hmm... what do you think, would the person who's maintaining it for CFZ be able to set up a second "tamed" instance, this time for Eurofurence? Our Programming department were supposed to try pentabarf this year, but all the people with the technical skills to do so are caught up in different situations (school, job, etc ...) this year that prevent them from doing so

Let me add a thing regarding Pentabarf: It is also used by DebConf, the annual Debian Developer Conference. As you might imagine, there are a lot of skilled programmers and experienced sysadmins inside the Debian project, which (and the fact that AFAIC the CCC is still using it, too) makes me very certain that security flaws will be fixed quickly. Well, maybe Pentabarf will just be an apt-get install away sometimes?

and riffuchs himself is already taking over too many things by himself, bringing him close to burnout.

yeah ... I see that ... contacted him about the event I proposed in the neighbouring thread ... no answer since a week now ...

With BerliCon being just about a week away, Riffuchs (and the rest of the BC staff, uhm, me included) is quite busy with preparations for it. I'd say after some few relaxing days after the con communication flow will increase again. As far as I know he is aware of the things sent by e-mail or the things happening on the board relevant for programming and other ConOps stuff; and knowing Riffuchs, he surely already made personal notes.

So just be patient, nothing will be forgotten. : )

*arf*
 TiBoth

Fairlight

• Pawpeteer

I think it was mostly Matt Lion who set up Pentabarf. Might be worth if you send him a nice mail, chairperson to chairperson, and ask him nicely ^.^
Pages: [1]   Go Up