Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Acceptable states of undress  (Read 11090 times)

Tygs

• Ahoyhoy~ Ukfur here :) Currently a Mandrill Baboon
Acceptable states of undress
« on: 18.06.2012, 21:58:53 »

So when it comes to themed costumes, what's the acceptable level of undress? Confuzzled had a movies theme but my Spartan outfit was too much nakedness so don't wanna make that mistake again XD

Lots of Roman Gods/Goddesses and general popular figures were topless :3

Santa fox

Re: Acceptable states of undress
« Reply #1 on: 18.06.2012, 22:10:54 »

So when it comes to themed costumes, what's the acceptable level of undress? Confuzzled had a movies theme but my Spartan outfit was too much nakedness so don't wanna make that mistake again XD

My apologies if I am out of line or wrong; But I believe the section "Clothing and decency" covers your question? http://www.eurofurence.org/EF18/policies_rulesofconduct.html

Wearing costumes, accessories or displaying items made out of real fur is not allowed.
    Nudity exceeding the equivalent of a non-thong bathing suit is not allowed in public.
    Sexual behaviour that goes beyond a mere display of affection is not allowed in public.
    Display of adult-themed materials is not permitted in public areas of the hotel. This includes (but is not limited to): room signs, flyers, business cards, posters and drawings on public message boards.
    Blatant exposure of fetish gear is not permitted in public, even if it is part of a costume.

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #2 on: 19.06.2012, 00:29:18 »

In general everything fitting and tasteful is okay. If you want to make sure your outfit is okay, just contact the chief of security on-site or send pictures of your costume to  security@eurofurence.org  :3

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 19.06.2012, 18:47:06 »

The rules intentionally leave a lot of room for decisions, because how much nudity is considered offensive really depends on the person who asks. The answer will be different for someone who has an aesthetically pleasing body (and I think you qualify, at least in my book ... *cough* *cough*) than for someone else who might look more like the son of jabba the hut - if you know what I mean.

For you, I'd say as long as you wear at least a pair of shorts, you'll be fine. However, be careful if you plan to use bodypainting (restrictions may apply because this stuff can rub off on expensive hotel property and other people's fursuits) - and body odour is harder to keep under control if you're not wearing any kind of shirt or equivalent.
yours,

Cheetah

Tygs

« Reply #4 on: 19.06.2012, 22:41:15 »

Lol well I don't plan on running around with anything hanging out, actually haven't quite worked out my costume yet but wanted to check first. Thanks for the clarity :3

Tygs

« Reply #5 on: 24.08.2012, 19:14:14 »

Sooooooo, I have pulled a costume together and it hasn't got shorts but it does have a kilt, and underneath I'm wearing leather pants that can't be pulled off or down and have an athletic cup in them, so you can't see or grope anything XD and I kinda have a bit of a shirt on. Have taken a crappy pic but just to check if it's ok?

The helmet weighs a friggin ton so don't want to drag it all the way to Germany if there's no point ^^

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 24.08.2012, 19:45:48 »

Well, if you're wearing briefs under that loincloth, it is technically in order.  However, there is one thing, that I know from my own and other people's previous costuming experiences: If you're not wearing any kind of shirt or tunic to wick away the sweat, you are going to be one VERY stinky gladiator in a very short time. And body odour will be a lot more offensive than your bare chest. (You're a very atypical furry, as you actually don't have to be afraid to show your body :) ) So please make sure you keep that under control, or maybe add some kind of shirt or tunic, it will really help a lot.
« Last Edit: 24.08.2012, 19:47:30 by Cheetah »
yours,

Cheetah

Tygs

« Reply #7 on: 24.08.2012, 20:02:08 »

Well I keep my underarm hair very short as it is as I hate BO, and shall make sure to wear pleeenty of deodorant. I'll be showing several times a day anyway as I'll be suiting plus in and out of the pool :D

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #8 on: 24.08.2012, 21:09:05 »

Aw man.

Have to admit, this works very well as a costume matching the theme, and I doubt we'll hear any... objections regarding the amount of nudity. However, I'd have preferred the costume to have at least some furriness to it. As it is, it opens a whole new can of worms regarding acceptability of costumes in general: Are we trying the have a *furry* convention, which is what unifies us, or is theme-cosplay another way to go, regardless of "furriness"?

I personally don't care, I like any good costume that adds to the mood of the convention. And I am convinced having a great convention is the ultimate goal we're trying to achieve. Therefore, unless His Highness Emporer Cheetah I specifically redefines our mission statement to "be an ass and throw out everyone with less than at least 60% fur coverage in costume", you'll get a go from me, especially since you asked beforehand and supplied pictures.

Sometimes I'm simple like that.

Regards,
  Gyro
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: 25.08.2012, 00:47:32 »

He's obviously costumed as a roman furry fan, so that's perfectly on topic :)
yours,

Cheetah

Tygs

« Reply #10 on: 25.08.2012, 12:01:31 »

I will wear most of it on my fursuit as well :) Just can't suit for that long cause I overheat easy XD

Ragear

• Pawpet Show
  • Ragear the Lion
« Reply #11 on: 25.08.2012, 18:50:39 »

you can pull it off without fur, like Kiwa Lion:
doesn't have too much clothing, too ...

Ragear

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: 25.08.2012, 19:39:23 »

And he DID have the body odor problem. Looking quite awesome, though.
yours,

Cheetah

Gyroplast

• H.C. Chief of Security
  • Convention Security Operative
« Reply #13 on: 26.08.2012, 08:56:17 »

you can pull it off without fur, like Kiwa Lion:

What do you mean, without fur? Look at that glorious mane! LOOK AT IT! :D
Give a man a fish, cats will pester him for a day. Teach a man to fish, cats will plague him for a lifetime.
Pages: [1]   Go Up