Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurofurence 2012 APP!  (Read 82509 times)

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
Re: Eurofurence 2012 APP!
« Reply #15 on: 04.07.2012, 07:10:55 »

Ok, lets see if that helps:

1. You can drop Mystifur a mail, he has all the restaurant information: fursuit-team@eurofurence.org

2. Good idea, and don't forget to give them a deadline. I will send you my information as soon as i get the mail

3. Its a good idea but this list is confidential, we can not put it online.

Please make also sure the app will be available in the Apple App Store, Riffuchs also has the information about that.

Alpha_Ki

• Dealers Den Supervisor
  • Dealers Den
  • Apfelwolf on duty
    • *art art art art art*
« Reply #16 on: 04.07.2012, 07:49:09 »

Nightfox,TraxSwe, I have to e-mail all the dealers anyway.

The Den has all their needed data and we plan to print a "who is selling what and where" in the conbook anyway, I can help out with all the important information. Maybe combining it with the links to the artists'/ dealers' galleries on FA, DA or their homepages?

Just let me ask them if anyone don't want to be published (it's easier that way around).

Until when do you need the data?

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #17 on: 04.07.2012, 12:01:00 »

Android 4.0.3
It seems to be impossible to open twitter-messages (in order to follow links or reply for example)
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #18 on: 04.07.2012, 12:52:35 »

Android 4.0.3
It seems to be impossible to open twitter-messages (in order to follow links or reply for example)

They can right now not be opened. Adding this to the bug list. Forgot about it ^_^
Programmer and fursuiter. Your all friendly black 'n white house cat!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/traxswe/

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #19 on: 04.07.2012, 12:56:18 »

Ok, lets see if that helps:

1. You can drop Mystifur a mail, he has all the restaurant information: fursuit-team@eurofurence.org

2. Good idea, and don't forget to give them a deadline. I will send you my information as soon as i get the mail

3. Its a good idea but this list is confidential, we can not put it online.

Please make also sure the app will be available in the Apple App Store, Riffuchs also has the information about that.

Will see about the app store. The problem is that it takes 4-6weeks for a normal app to be approval, slightly faster if you are lucky.
But that would then require me to have all data in place since i added the database to the project (thus making the size in the app store bigger) and i am not loading it after the app has been downloaded. My idea is that you can download it once and then you would have all data except the twitters.

2 ways with a database, either you do what i did, you load add it to the actual app (what i did) or you download the data after the app has been installed. Maybe i should change this and download the contents after the app has been downloaded.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #20 on: 04.07.2012, 12:59:44 »

Nightfox,TraxSwe, I have to e-mail all the dealers anyway.

The Den has all their needed data and we plan to print a "who is selling what and where" in the conbook anyway, I can help out with all the important information. Maybe combining it with the links to the artists'/ dealers' galleries on FA, DA or their homepages?

Just let me ask them if anyone don't want to be published (it's easier that way around).

Until when do you need the data?

That would be great. Will get back to you regarding when i need the data.
Also already got a linking system in place to view a webbpage. So each dealer will have that option as well.

RealZero

• Convention Security Operative
  • Metal, gaming, cartoons, vegan, environment, nerd♥
    • All links at Carrd
« Reply #21 on: 04.07.2012, 14:28:52 »

Jut out of curiosity, as App Stores were brought up, for Android, will you put it into the Play Store, or will the final one just be released as .apk-file?

I don't really mind, but yeah, out of curiosity.^^

And well, best wishes to you, hope you don't have to much stress with etting so much stuff done in such short time.

Greetings,
RealZero
I would like to see Steve Purcell and Greg Weisman as GOH.

Greetings, fellow vegan furs! ♥

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #22 on: 04.07.2012, 23:32:13 »

I dislike Apple a lot. On a scale from 1 to 100 then it's about 1250 right now.

How to develop an IPhone app and test/publish it:
First you need to find a Mac. I mean, it would be too easy to use a PC to develop an IPhone app.
Then when you have found your Mac you need to register for App Store. I mean register as in filling in all your personal details except for the shoe size!
After that you can download this program called XCode that let's you develop an IPhone, IPad or Mac OS program.
<-- This is where i am right now.
Now comes the funny part.
To deploy this app on my friends IPhone to test it. Using his IPhone to test it through the cable.
In order to do this you need to create a certificate. Fair enough.
Finally found "how-to" after some googling and registered on the "second apple portal".
Then i get a BIG message saying: Unauthorized Access. WTF!?
Turns out that in order to "test" my app on my friends IPhone, i have to pay $99. This will then create a license for me for one year which allows me to develop IPhone apps!

So my simple idea of just making the Android app into an IPhone app turned out not to be soo simple after all.
In order for me to publish it, test it or hell, just look at it, i need to pay $99.

I truly dislike Apple and i am still amazed on why soo many people develop apps for the IPhone, it's a mess!

Don't believe me?
https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/
and this Q&A forum
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2564451/how-can-i-test-xcode-project-on-iphone

Developing my Android app went like this.
Download the free program Eclipse.
Install Android stuff.
Write code.
Press, generate APK file. Boom done!

Fauho

• webvos
« Reply #23 on: 05.07.2012, 10:16:30 »

Very nice idea, but not all own/use a smartphone, so please make sure that crucial information is also available by other means.

Tekumseh

• The Daily Eurofurence
« Reply #24 on: 05.07.2012, 12:15:13 »

Fauho: don't worry - this app is not meant to be a means of official information (even if it becomes one - it is not the only one!) - it is a gimmick written by an enthusiastic con-goer.

TraxSwe: I didn't write much in my first post - but I didn't want to only complain *g* I really like the idea of the app and it looks good so far - pity that Apple is such a pain in the ass.
In peace, there's nothing so becomes a man, as modest stillnesse, and humilitie. (Shakespeare)

Kiantis

• FA profile
« Reply #25 on: 05.07.2012, 18:14:20 »

One of the possible alternatives for iPhones is to have a web application (ie. html5 and that kind of stuff). But that would require a constant connection to a web server of course.

Nightfox

• Vice Chairman
  • Board of Directors
« Reply #26 on: 05.07.2012, 19:36:09 »

@ Fauho

What do you mean?
This is meant as extra service for all the people who use their smartphone.

@ TraxSwe

You can talk to me or Riffuchs if you need a budget for the appstore

Santa fox

« Reply #27 on: 05.07.2012, 22:13:00 »

It would appear it does not fetch new twitter messages; Unless they are only supposed to be ones that #Eurofurence posts directly.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #28 on: 06.07.2012, 10:15:53 »

Fauho: don't worry - this app is not meant to be a means of official information (even if it becomes one - it is not the only one!) - it is a gimmick written by an enthusiastic con-goer.

TraxSwe: I didn't write much in my first post - but I didn't want to only complain *g* I really like the idea of the app and it looks good so far - pity that Apple is such a pain in the ass.

Yea =/
Much easier with Android. Added that to the todo-list. Tweeting will most likely not be possible from the APP since i don't have time to implement it in time, if this is to also hit Google Play.

TraxSwe

• Fursuit Gameshow
    • Trax's couch
« Reply #29 on: 06.07.2012, 10:20:24 »

One of the possible alternatives for iPhones is to have a web application (ie. html5 and that kind of stuff). But that would require a constant connection to a web server of course.
That will not be an option in this case. As you put it, you need constant internet connection. Am working on the iphone app version as we speak.

@ Fauho

What do you mean?
This is meant as extra service for all the people who use their smartphone.

@ TraxSwe

You can talk to me or Riffuchs if you need a budget for the appstore
Ok, sounds good.

It would appear it does not fetch new twitter messages; Unless they are only supposed to be ones that #Eurofurence posts directly.
hmmm... I see the problem. Need to find the correct API-search from twitter for this.
« Last Edit: 06.07.2012, 10:22:52 by TraxSwe »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up