Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EF 18 Timetable?  (Read 8591 times)

A. Rakiri

EF 18 Timetable?
« on: 11.07.2012, 10:04:02 »

Hi, i just want to ask when is the EF18 timetable is going to be released?...

Is it going to be similar to last years because i need to find out so i can sort out my transport situation? I hope someone could tell me, thanx :3
« Last Edit: 11.07.2012, 10:07:21 by Arbuzan Rakiri »

ANTIcarrot

• Loquacious pawpet show reviewer
    • FA - ANTIcarrot
Re: EF 18 Timetable?
« Reply #1 on: 12.07.2012, 01:09:29 »

Going by Eurofurence tradition, it will be released on the 29th of August, and available at the end of the three hour long queue at the registration desk. ;D

A. Rakiri

« Reply #2 on: 12.07.2012, 01:26:36 »

Going by Eurofurence tradition, it will be released on the 29th of August, and available at the end of the three hour long queue at the registration desk. ;D

hmmmm ok ^^; well..erm.....question...i looked at last year's timetable, is it likely on the wednesday the opening ceremony will start at 17:00/17:30 also last year why hasn't there been any closing ceremonies in the past?...

So wat happens on the Sunday excatly, is it all wraped up and end of the con and the main events itself?

Dhary Montecore

« Reply #3 on: 12.07.2012, 01:51:49 »

@Anticarrot: Would you mind keeping such statements to yourself please? You have no clue about what's going on behind the scenes and talk like that shows a lack of respect for the staffs work and dedication. Also, if you need to make fun of Eurofurence in your signature, you should at least take care to check your grammar.

@Arbuzan Rakiri:

Usually the timetable is not final until the very last days before the convention, since there's just too many dependencies. This year our staff is burning out themselves to give our guests the awesome experience they are used to at Eurofurence. Since all of our staff-members have their normal lives to manage as well and since this year was rather troublesome for some of our core-staffers things are even worse for some and they still work on time. Please bear with us. :3

I'm not fully informed about projects like the Eurofurence-app or online-versions of the time tables, so I can't say anything about that. But like I said, the timetable is shifted around with usually till very shortly before the convention.

If you have any specific questions about this topic or the timetable, just ask them here and our staff members will answer them gladly!

As for the Sunday: No, there is no real closing-ceremony. Right after our famous pawpetshow major parts of the staff including our chairman Cheetah are on stage, introducing the pawpetcrew, giving out his thanks for everyone and announcing the bigbluedance, which starts afterwards. That is somewhat our closing-ceremony. :3

On the Sunday itself there is only the dead dog party in the evening/night (which no one should miss! It's where the staff gets drunk ;D)
« Last Edit: 12.07.2012, 01:54:20 by Dhary Montecore »

o'wolf

• Pawpeteer
  • Community Communications
    • Wölfisch
« Reply #4 on: 12.07.2012, 02:09:35 »

hmmmm ok ^^; well..erm.....question...i looked at last year's timetable, is it likely on the wednesday the opening ceremony will start at 17:00/17:30

The current plan is to start seating for the opening ceremony at 5 pm on Wednesday again.

also last year why hasn't there been any closing ceremonies in the past?...

As Dhary wrote, we don't have any closing ceremonies, traditionally the time between the curtain call of the pawpet show and clearing the ballroom for the Big Blue Dance is used for the announcements and acknowledgements you'd usually hear at closing ceremonies.

We have to spend the whole Sunday to break down the stage, remove the decoration and pack up our stuff, thus no official programming will happen then, except for the dead dog party at the hotel bar as soon as we are done with packing.
Is it that things really change? Or does the outside rearrange?
Is perception genuine? Or does truth lie deep beneath the skin?
— Alexander James Adams, Blood and Passion

A. Rakiri

« Reply #5 on: 12.07.2012, 15:32:54 »

@Arbuzan Rakiri:

Usually the timetable is not final until the very last days before the convention, since there's just too many dependencies. This year our staff is burning out themselves to give our guests the awesome experience they are used to at Eurofurence. Since all of our staff-members have their normal lives to manage as well and since this year was rather troublesome for some of our core-staffers things are even worse for some and they still work on time. Please bear with us. :3

If you have any specific questions about this topic or the timetable, just ask them here and our staff members will answer them gladly!

As for the Sunday: No, there is no real closing-ceremony. Right after our famous pawpetshow major parts of the staff including our chairman Cheetah are on stage, introducing the pawpetcrew, giving out his thanks for everyone and announcing the bigbluedance, which starts afterwards. That is somewhat our closing-ceremony. :3

Hi Dhary,

Yes i totally understand how much hard work you guys are doing plus of course dealing with normal life... :3

But if could you tell me, with any sort of a hint that this year's timetable will be similar to last years? that's what i really want to know? :3

It's going to be my first time at EF and i just don't know how it is run compared to other cons i've been to, so thanx for the highlights of past EF cons :3

The current plan is to start seating for the opening ceremony at 5 pm on Wednesday again.

Ah that's good to hear, thank you! :) Oh one more thing, when will the registration start on Wednesday?
« Last Edit: 12.07.2012, 15:41:42 by Arbuzan Rakiri »

Cheetah

• Chairman
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: 12.07.2012, 21:52:05 »

I love you, too.
yours,

Cheetah

TiBoth

• Con Ops Second
« Reply #7 on: 25.07.2012, 07:21:03 »

*Woof*

But if could you tell me, with any sort of a hint that this year's timetable will be similar to last years? that's what i really want to know? :3

The structure is similiar, like the pawpet show and the BigBlueDance will be at the same time (weekday) and place. Also some social events like the DDR "panel" (Dance Dance Revolution) or the Game Corner will be there (roughly at the same time) again. There will also be a block of "normal" panels again. But since the suggestions for them come from our guests, they are mostly different than those from the last year(s).

I think there was an announcement last year some days before the con that the time table is online and publicly viewable. This will probably happen again this year then. ; )

*wags*
 TiBoth -- playing the schedule puzzle together with Riffuchs : )
Pages: [1]   Go Up