Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eurorfurence rooming help and general information  (Read 9943 times)

Badinage

Eurorfurence rooming help and general information
« on: 13.07.2012, 05:15:51 »

So, I just found out that I'm terribly confused over how the rooming situation is handled at Eurofurence and would really like to get some help/tips before I make another mistake. :/

I've been registered for EF since early this year and was planning on rooming with my German friend this whole time who was registered with a double room. But now that has fallen through due to my misunderstanding of the room reg system (I had no idea I also needed to reserve a double room when my roomate already had  ??? ) Contacted staff and was too late, double rooms in the Maritim had filled up.

So now I'm trying to figure out what my options are. The staffmember I contacted mentioned the Intercity hotel. Is this in walking distance of the con? Is the booking of rooms there handled through the convention like at the Maritim?
Are all the "looking for roomate" posts in the other forum section looking ONLY for people who have already registered with a room?
Is there maybe a nearby Hostel I can reserve a bed at?

Someone please help, I'm so terribly confused by all this  :-\
American Pine Marten excited to be going to Europe!
Mustelid Pride~

Santa fox

Re: Eurorfurence rooming help and general information
« Reply #1 on: 13.07.2012, 05:20:17 »

See if any of these threads might be of any help;

https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,3482.0.html

https://forum.eurofurence.org/index.php/topic,3542.0.html

Not sure if there are more options available, though, so I will leave any further info to those who know.
« Last Edit: 13.07.2012, 05:26:08 by The santa fox »

Jumpy

• Registration Lead
  • Registration
« Reply #2 on: 13.07.2012, 13:09:56 »

The staffmember I contacted mentioned the Intercity hotel. Is this in walking distance of the con? Is the booking of rooms there handled through the convention like at the Maritim?

The intercity hotel is in walking distance. It is next to the train station, which is just across the road in front of the Maritim, and then past two small building blocks. Less than 5 minutes of walking.

Booking of rooms there is not handled through the convention.

Are all the "looking for roomate" posts in the other forum section looking ONLY for people who have already registered with a room?

Usually, yes.

The only exception would be if you can find an existing two-person room to join (making you the third person in that room), in which case it is possible for all three of you to switch from two-person to three-person per room registrations. As the rooms only have beds for two, this is an option if you don't mind a little tightness of space, and know the other two people.

Is there maybe a nearby Hostel I can reserve a bed at?

There is a youth hostel, but I am afraid they, too, are booked out already.
"The squirrel that you kill in jest, dies in earnest." (Henry David Thoreau)

Badinage

« Reply #3 on: 14.07.2012, 03:33:47 »

Thank you, those responses are very helpful. I shall call up the intercity hotel just as soon as I discover how to call Europe.
On that topic, is it not acceptable to be using these forums to look for a roomate for the intercity hotel?
Mustelid Pride~

Santa fox

« Reply #4 on: 14.07.2012, 07:45:53 »

Thank you, those responses are very helpful. I shall call up the intercity hotel just as soon as I discover how to call Europe.
On that topic, is it not acceptable to be using these forums to look for a roomate for the intercity hotel?

I believe you can email the Intercity hotel and make reservations; At the very least, they do have a email. Furthermore, you can also join in as a third person in a double room, so long as they are still available; But I suppose they are since it was suggested as a option.

Don't quote me on this one, though, I doubt it is a problem to post about finding roommates for the Intercity hotel, if you so wish. I distinctively recall there being at least one post about a large group of furries staying there, but I can't for the life of me recall where I saw it..

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
« Reply #5 on: 14.07.2012, 08:52:19 »

I shall call up the intercity hotel just as soon as I discover how to call Europe.
m(

You know, this is the 21st century - you can just book online... http://www.intercityhotel.com/en/Magdeburg
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Oddity

• Cheetah
    • Oddity@LJ
« Reply #6 on: 15.07.2012, 08:37:16 »

Yes, but there are occasionally posts from people selling their registrations (including their share of a room) which would be useful to you. If you buy one of those you would (I believe) end up with two registrations which is a bit silly, but you can probably transfer your room-less registration to someone else then.

Badinage

« Reply #7 on: 17.07.2012, 10:34:35 »

I shall call up the intercity hotel just as soon as I discover how to call Europe.
m(

You know, this is the 21st century - you can just book online... http://www.intercityhotel.com/en/Magdeburg

I don't think I can get the "Eurofurence E.V." booking code discount rate if I book online though :< (not that I can find anywhere on the website at least) I'll try to call tomorrow.
Mustelid Pride~

Skie

• That Tall Wolf
    • The Israeli Furry Website
« Reply #8 on: 22.07.2012, 20:45:16 »

You could also try and ask to be 3 in a room in the main hotel. This way you can still room with your friend.

Amy Ninetails

• Transgender DJ fur
    • FurAffinity page
« Reply #9 on: 26.07.2012, 01:20:38 »

i am also a bit confused over this room sharing thing... now i haven't booked a room yet but i got my ticket and travel sorted.

if i find someone with a double room that wants to share due to say the other part could not come or for any other reason sits alone with a double room. would it not be possible to mail the reg team with the information needed from both parts to be able to share that double room?

Oddity

• Cheetah
    • Oddity@LJ
« Reply #10 on: 26.07.2012, 06:41:46 »

or for any other reason sits alone with a double room.

No one actually does that. You can book a single room, but when you select the double room option in the registration system what you actually book is your share of a double room. You will always share it with someone else who also has a share of a double room, either a random person or someone you pick.

Mystifur

• Fursuit Lead
  • Fursuit support
  • ,,,, =^o.o^= ,,,,
    • Mystic-Creatures - Custom Fursuits and accessories
« Reply #11 on: 29.07.2012, 05:21:24 »

That is correct.

Unlike for example conventions in the US, where usually some books an entire room/suite and then distributes the places/beds among as much friends as possibly fit in there,

in germany you are just booking one single bed for yourself alone.
The type of room (double/single/suite) simply defines in what sort of room this bed will be.

And, as long as the con hotel is booked out, any free bed will be booked and used.

This is why, for 2 friends in the same double room, both need to book double room in the same category, and additionally tell the regsys the desired cohabitee.
Fursuit Support, Parade, Public Affairs
---
=^o.o^=
Paws of velvet, claws of steel,
up to you, which you will feel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up