Off Topic > Everything Else

Tourist Questions (and local feedback wanted)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Suran:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 03.08.2012, 13:41:58 ---
--- Quote from: neweinstein on 03.08.2012, 11:57:39 ---Nürnberg has a nice center for shopping and the old castle is worth a visit.

--- End quote ---

The youth hostel attached to the castle was our EF Venue in 2005 and 2006 :) Good times ...

--- End quote ---

No, no, no ....GREAT times!

neweinstein:

--- Quote from: Cheetah on 03.08.2012, 13:41:58 ---
--- Quote from: neweinstein on 03.08.2012, 11:57:39 ---Nürnberg has a nice center for shopping and the old castle is worth a visit.

--- End quote ---
The youth hostel attached to the castle was our EF Venue in 2005 and 2006 :) Good times ...

--- End quote ---

I know, I know ... I lived just 20min by car away from EF and didn't knew about it (because I was not yet in the fandom at that time) ... *bangs_head_on_the_wall*

Ragear:
Hi Furtech,

I'm from Karlsruhe: it has a nice little zoo sporting snow leopards (4 by now) Elephants, Polar bears, Giraffees. It's also a railway hub: daytrip to Freudenstadt in an all-window streetcar through the north black forest, Strasburg on the french side of the Rhine www.strasbourg.fr, to be reached by french high-speed train in 40mins, veeery scenic (cathedral&old town)!! but no zoo. What Suran mentioned is the Marotte Figurentheater which caters to an audience starting from 3 years, but you're never too old to come http://www.marotte-figurentheater.de/spielplan/ about 50km away is a family oriented amusement park with wildlife park http://www.parkscout.de/ziel/wildparadies-tripsdrill/tierpark-in-cleebronntripsdrill-baden-wurttemberg
Then there's Heidelberg about 40mins by train, and which american doesn't know the name, big & nice zoo, a bird-of-prey station atop the Königsstuhl hill, castle, tonload of tourists. also nearby several spa's.

a bit too much to mention all :-)

Ragear

furtech:
Wow-- thanks!  This is really helpful! 

Suran: We'll see if we can organize our travel to be in the Freiburg area around the 25-26 if you'll still be around (it's the weekend before EF).  We could possibly do this first, around the 18-19, but we'll keep you posted. 

Ragear: I've heard of Karlsruhe!  It's where the German Shepherd Dog originated!  I'm guessing, though, that there is no exhibit about that, is there?  I'll look the city up-- thanks!  Heidelburg I've been to: you're right, it's beautiful.  Also thanks for the link to the marionette theater! 

Nuremburg: I'm sold. 

Henreike: thanks for the info on the Berlin zoos!

Suran:
 I should be there both weekends.
Maybe busy doing last shipping+printing and casting "certain body parts" on saturdays before noon but free afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version