Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Eurofurence 28 — "Cyberpunk"
Sep 18 – 21, 2024
CCH — Congress Center Hamburg

EF-Notifications

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: German SIM cards  (Read 24670 times)

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
  • Obviously I _was_ a god after all.
Re: German SIM cards
« Reply #15 on: 16.08.2012, 14:15:10 »

Hey Doco,

My partner would love one of those SIM card too, for iPhone 4. Could he please get one

Have him send a DM wit his details please.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #16 on: 17.08.2012, 16:02:02 »

Okay, deadline for this is FRIDAY, AUGUST 24. You need to have paid in full by then.

I may have a limited number available on site, but please pre-order whenever possible.
I will accept other opinions as long as you all accept that those opinions are wrong.

DarkenTiger

« Reply #17 on: 17.08.2012, 16:09:34 »

Have him send a DM wit his details please.

hey doesn't have account on there, so if you can give me what you need, and I'll get him to email you, if that is ok?

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #18 on: 18.08.2012, 11:41:12 »

Well, he can always sign up here. I like to have my information all in one place.  ;D

DarkenTiger

« Reply #19 on: 18.08.2012, 13:22:20 »

Well, he can always sign up here. I like to have my information all in one place.  ;D

Ok, next time I speak to him, I'll tell him

husky

« Reply #20 on: 25.08.2012, 03:22:10 »

Hey Doco i'm husky, Darken told me to contact you on here.  What do i need to do now?

Mooie

• Moo!
« Reply #21 on: 03.09.2012, 22:28:30 »

Right, I might add some knowledge I gained about German SIM cards this year.  A bit late, but it's something that can be useful for next year.  Maybe someone can make a page about the known info in a more gathered form.

If you're a foreigner - don't get a "Lidl Mobile Smart" SIM card, as that will require you to have a German bank account.  This information was or is not (clearly) informed about on the package itself.

I ended up getting a o.tel.o prepaid SIM card.  The card itself costs 4.99€ and comes pre-charged with 5€.  However, to get "Flatrate Internet", one'll have to top the card up with an additional 4.90€, as that package cost 9.90€.  Although, top-ups are available in sizes of 9, 19 and 29€, so the total cost will be 13.99€.  O.tel.o is a Vodafone brand, so it'll use Vodafone's network.  The card need to be registered/activated prior to usage, which can be done online.  I do not know about the validity time of the card, though, but my other Vodafone SIM card is still valid, just in a somewhat weird limbo state, so didn't bother bringing that one this year.

timoran

« Reply #22 on: 13.07.2013, 04:27:21 »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is offering to buy these this year?

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #23 on: 13.07.2013, 16:04:37 »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is offering to buy these this year?

I'm afraid not - it's a real pain to find an operator that has both sensible price plans _and_ allows short-term registrations. Due to some violations of the mandatory registration law, most operators now check the address databases more thoroughly and filter out wrong address data pretty quickly (as I experienced last year), so I guess pre-ordering is not a good idea.

Besides, since the EU is going to axe roaming charges pretty soon anyways, demand may not be that high anymore.

Wawik

• ConStore & Sales
« Reply #24 on: 13.07.2013, 16:57:22 »

Though I guess if one's *really* desperate, http://www.prepaid-wiki.de/index.php5/K-Classic_Mobil seems to be the best option at the moment... I haven't tried it personally though, because I already have six fucking SIM cards flying around here and don't need _another_ one. :D

timoran

« Reply #25 on: 13.07.2013, 23:10:56 »

Any advice for someone coming from USA? I remember last year everyone telling me you can't buy/activate a prepaid SIM unless you're a German citizen. Is that still true or is there a place you can go that will do it for a USA citizen?

Ralesk

« Reply #26 on: 14.07.2013, 16:26:13 »

I still have my last year's SIM, and I'm going to use it :D  If you people still have yours from last year, make sure you make a call or send an SMS from it, to extend the card's lifetime with another year (Fonic told me so on Twitter) — or of course, just charge it...
German phone number: +49 176 3961 9927
Telegram: @ralesk Twitter: @ralesk82 Skype: ralesk

Ravusy

« Reply #27 on: 09.08.2013, 08:03:20 »

I recharged my SIM card from last year by getting a code from www.aufladen.de/en. Also reset the account password to get access to the operators management page.

DarkFoxDK

• DarkFoxDK
« Reply #28 on: 14.08.2013, 14:48:43 »

I recharged my SIM card from last year by getting a code from www.aufladen.de/en. Also reset the account password to get access to the operators management page.

Are you kidding me? My card emptied out last year and I spent a couple of hours looking for a charge-up kit in the mall, had I known that site existed it wouldn't have been an issue. Oh well.

Ravusy

« Reply #29 on: 15.08.2013, 00:40:56 »

The Lidl cards can be recharged with Fonic codes ;). Spent a while searching for a site like that  ;D.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up